Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2023 14:33
Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2023 14:21
the real laugher will come when Rodgers goes to another team next year and goes to the play offs as we try and figure who our next QB will be, seriously, obviously, I hope thats not the case, but it stands just as much a chance to be right as LOve does being our savior at QB
Funny how you say "goes to the [playoffs]" rather than win a championship.

"Going to the playoffs" stopped being the goal with Rodgers since 2009. The goal with him was this :lombardi: .

I guess according to you Favre got the last laugh when we moved on because he gave the Jets playoff hopes and Rodgers didn't. Then he got farther in the playoffs than Rodgers in 2009. Idiot FO showing our HOF QB out the door, what were they thinking, coulda won 3 SuperBowls if they drafted a WR in 2005.
Of course Favre never won another ring with NYJ or MN. Had he not "retired" in 2008 he would have been our starter - unless AR beat him out in TC that summer. I wonder if that fear was one of the reasons why he left? Is history repeating itself with AR and Love this time around? We shall see...

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger, the Packers had made it clear to Favre that they were committed to Rodgers. Unless Rodgers were to have injured himself, the Pack would have been rolling with him. The days for Favre in GB were done.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Quay Walker made PFWA's All-Rookie team. Past winners include Elgton Jenkins, Darnell Savage, and Jaire Alexander.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Jan 2023 12:19
Quay Walker made PFWA's All-Rookie team. Past winners include Elgton Jenkins, Darnell Savage, and Jaire Alexander.
Seems like he took things up a notch (or two) the second half of the season. Does anybody know whether the defensive scheme was adjusted in a way that helped him, or did he just begin to get it (game slowed down for him)?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Jan 2023 15:03
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Seems like he took things up a notch (or two) the second half of the season. Does anybody know whether the defensive scheme was adjusted in a way that helped him, or did he just begin to get it (game slowed down for him)?
The main thing that helped him was Campbell coming back from injury. I imagine he could play faster when Campbell was the one making the calls.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Jan 2023 16:37
Scott4Pack wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
The main thing that helped him was Campbell coming back from injury. I imagine he could play faster when Campbell was the one making the calls.
As much as I’ve stuck up for Dean Lowry over the years, I frankly think Slaton getting more snaps, and not Dean, helped more than anything.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Dean Lowry should have been working at a bank or Edward Jones two years ago
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2023 16:52
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Jan 2023 16:37
Scott4Pack wrote:

As much as I’ve stuck up for Dean Lowry over the years, I frankly think Slaton getting more snaps, and not Dean, helped more than anything.
Lowry was our 5th best lineman this season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Dean Lowry was a bum, not a bad guy, just a bum.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

I don’t think Lowry was a bum, but he was the epitome of a JAG.

Unfortunately, he was a JAG who got a lot of snaps over his seven forgettable years in Green Bay.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I was a big time Lowry hater for years, but I thought (and still do think) he played really well in 2021. He seemed way more comfortable getting after the football in Barry's 1-gap scheme than trying to eat blocks in Pettine's 2-gap D.

But he looked mediocre again this year and frankly the other guys we have are just better options. And giving him the extension didn't make much sense at the time, nor in retrospect even with the one year he was fairly good. So yes, time to move on.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
25 Jan 2023 11:01
I was a big time Lowry hater for years, but I thought (and still do think) he played really well in 2021. He seemed way more comfortable getting after the football in Barry's 1-gap scheme than trying to eat blocks in Pettine's 2-gap D.

But he looked mediocre again this year and frankly the other guys we have are just better options. And giving him the extension didn't make much sense at the time, nor in retrospect even with the one year he was fairly good. So yes, time to move on.
Lowry is just another player ya hope you can improve upon, 35 to 40 tackles a season will keep a DT on board till a DT comes along that can also add some pass rush, Reed did that for us, and Wyatt may be better then either

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Somewhere there is a really good analysis of Lowry's production when playing 5T vs 3T or other position. When we have used him to his natural position he has been highly productive. This is more of a case of not knowing the plan for how the team was going to use the player. A disconnect between Football Ops and Coaching. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the only example of that and it certainly isn't Lowry's fault that the team was asking him to do something that he couldn't handle. The options were design a scheme where he could play 5T for the majority of the snaps or move on from him because you want to play a scheme that isn't going to utilize a 5T. Square peg, round hole.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

LombardiTime wrote:
25 Jan 2023 10:45
I don’t think Lowry was a bum, but he was the epitome of a JAG.

Unfortunately, he was a JAG who got a lot of snaps over his seven forgettable years in Green Bay.
That’s why I classified him as a bum. He was overpaid and he played way too many snaps. If he was a rotational guy on a vet minimum I would have had no complaints.

For comparison: I never had any problems or complaints about tyler Lancaster (who is now out of the league), because he was paid what he was worth.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If a bum mated with a trash can and produced a child that went on to be paid handsomely for doing stupid dances on Tik Tok that would be Dean Lowry.

He was a stinky overpaid bum bum.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Cool graphic from PFF on RB Efficiency.
Both Dillon and Jones looking great, with Jones the most efficient in the league

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
27 Jan 2023 14:23
Cool graphic from PFF on RB Efficiency.
Both Dillon and Jones looking great, with Jones the most efficient in the league

Not bad for a part-time, situational use RB... :mrgreen:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree, but Jones was so good, and so under used, we hadn't even tapped into his potential, He's been the feature type RB we needed after the end of Lacy's 2nd season, took a little more of a beating it seemed this year, I'd like to see a uptick in pass routes, and more use in the stcked receiver sets, he's dynamic once past the los.

both he and Dillon where high on the list for yrds after first contact, so we need to improve our run blocking

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:48
lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree, but Jones was so good, and so under used, we hadn't even tapped into his potential, He's been the feature type RB we needed after the end of Lacy's 2nd season, took a little more of a beating it seemed this year, I'd like to see a uptick in pass routes, and more use in the stcked receiver sets, he's dynamic once past the los.

both he and Dillon where high on the list for yrds after first contact, so we need to improve our run blocking
Based on my memory, that's pure bunk.

The few people who advocated for letting him walk in FA were basing their position on the team salary cap. It was extremely tight and decisions on players had to be made. This portrayal you're making of "people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract" is pure made-up, conjuring a boogeyman, nonsense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:56
Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:48

Based on my memory, that's pure bunk.

The few people who advocated for letting him walk in FA were basing their position on the team salary cap. It was extremely tight and decisions on players had to be made. This portrayal you're making of "people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract" is pure made-up, conjuring a boogeyman, nonsense.
Your memory has failed you. There was a large group who opposed the resigning on the premise of “not giving running backs second contracts”

Most became okay with the signing after they saw it appeared pretty team friendly. But even then, most swore it was really just a two year deal. (Maybe it is, wel see soon)

I wanted to pay him though because he was special and I don’t believe in letting special walk