2024 Dynasty League

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just decided to stick and pick. Cross country flight coming up.

Picking Nix makes me want to vomit but I should get a couple years of third/fourth tier starting QB play out of him which is useful for dynasty purposes.

Continue to draft height/weight/speed WRs adding Mitchell to Pickens and Watson. One of these hits has to really hit, right. RIGHT??

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jun 2024 06:03
Just decided to stick and pick. Cross country flight coming up.

Picking Nix makes me want to vomit but I should get a couple years of third/fourth tier starting QB play out of him which is useful for dynasty purposes.

Continue to draft height/weight/speed WRs adding Mitchell to Pickens and Watson. One of these hits has to really hit, right. RIGHT??
I really didn't like your second trade back, but I like your picks here. Nix should give solid value considering where you got him and Mitchell was a really nice WR pick. Thomas and Mitchell are much better WR fits with their teams, IMO, than Nabers and Odunze.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

@Trudge OTC.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
20 Jun 2024 08:04

I really didn't like your second trade back, but I like your picks here. Nix should give solid value considering where you got him and Mitchell was a really nice WR pick. Thomas and Mitchell are much better WR fits with their teams, IMO, than Nabers and Odunze.
I agree. My second trade back was kind of panicked. Really should have stayed and gone with Nabers or Rome there (would have been Nabers).

I hate Nix because I think his likely trajectory is mediocrity as a starter until they replace him with upside. Maybe a Minshew kind of career? Which is useful enough for dynasty purposes. But meh. Also hate Payton and I don’t like betting on him to be right, haha

Mitchell has been a target of mine since the college season was still ongoing. Like the landing spot as well. Only downside is that he isn’t a high volume guy most likely. But that’s ok.

Probably going to miss out on some of my fairies RBs in this next stretch of draft, but time will tell.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jun 2024 09:32
NCF wrote:
20 Jun 2024 08:04

I agree. My second trade back was kind of panicked. Really should have stayed and gone with Nabers or Rome there (would have been Nabers).

I hate Nix because I think his likely trajectory is mediocrity as a starter until they replace him with upside. Maybe a Minshew kind of career? Which is useful enough for dynasty purposes. But meh. Also hate Payton and I don’t like betting on him to be right, haha

Mitchell has been a target of mine since the college season was still ongoing. Like the landing spot as well. Only downside is that he isn’t a high volume guy most likely. But that’s ok.

Probably going to miss out on some of my fairies RBs in this next stretch of draft, but time will tell.
Nabers or Odunze could be had in a trade.... :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

@Waldo OTC

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I was hoping a WR would fall, but Thomas and Mitchell were the end of the high tier for me. I know Penix will take some time, but Top-10 QB's are going to play eventually and Atlanta has a lot of good stuff around QB on offense.

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

NCF wrote:
20 Jun 2024 17:45
Atlanta has a lot of good stuff around QB on offense.
For sure. And it isn't a given that Cousins makes it all the way back.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just an FYI, I will be driving pretty much from 8 AM until 6 PM for the next 3 days, then Disney and Universal for the next 6. I'll be unavailable for long swaths of time, so sorry if I am a bit slow to respond or make picks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jun 2024 18:11
Just an FYI, I will be driving pretty much from 8 AM until 6 PM for the next 3 days, then Disney and Universal for the next 6. I'll be unavailable for long swaths of time, so sorry if I am a bit slow to respond or make picks.
I really want three players right now and also have a trade offer to consider so you could just trade me your next couple of picks to solve the timing problem

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jun 2024 19:05
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jun 2024 18:11
I really want three players right now and also have a trade offer to consider so you could just trade me your next couple of picks to solve the timing problem
Watson and Connor and you got yourself a deal!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Thanks for the trade offers. Some were very close. Some I fiddled around with possible counter offers. I apologize for not engaging in negotiation. But at the end of the day, I want to pick this little target monster and I'm surprised he's here. I debated between him and Mitchell at pick 10/11

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ll offer my two thirds for an upcoming pick as long as my guy is available.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have 5 guys and then a tier line, so it is going to take a bit more than usual to get me out of these 2 spots.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Can we agree on what happens with waivers after The Draft? Do we go right to in-season waivers schedule so we can add free agents immediately following The Draft?

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

NCF wrote:
21 Jun 2024 08:52
Can we agree on what happens with waivers after The Draft? Do we go right to in-season waivers schedule so we can add free agents immediately following The Draft?
Never have before. We usually do it after roster cut-down, which people like to do just prior to the season.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
21 Jun 2024 08:57
NCF wrote:
Never have before. We usually do it after roster cut-down, which people like to do just prior to the season.
We actually have a few times which is why I ask. It would be my preference and keeps everyone engaged for the rest of the offseason.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

mnkcarp wrote:
21 Jun 2024 08:57
NCF wrote:
Yep, I thought we did roster cut down then waivers.

We need bylaws.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I like opening waivers after the draft with the expanded rosters. Allows some speculation pick ups. and makes cut down day even more exciting.

Also I did wake up to see I'm on the clock and got 4 different trade offers. Will do something shortly.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Regardless of when we do it, it needs to be after roster cut down.