Veteran WR Options

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
15 Apr 2022 06:06
Rodgers finally has his first round WR draft pick! :banana:
And a top 5 pick at that :shock: .

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Apr 2022 09:15
APB wrote:
15 Apr 2022 06:06
Rodgers finally has his first round WR draft pick! :banana:
And a top 5 pick at that :shock: .
haaa, more then one way to skin a cat, course this skin does come with some wrinkles :lol:

He's only 29, but has the bumps and bruises that often come with older vets, still, it's just 4 mil. with some good fortune this year we may have to increase it to keep him next year. :aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Hope his body and mind are in good shape. That's usually the concern with high talent/skill players that haven't put it all together. Putting him on a team with a HOF QB is only a band aid, not a complete solution. So yeah, hopefully he's there mentally.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Apr 2022 09:47
Hope his body and mind are in good shape. That's usually the concern with high talent/skill players that haven't put it all together. Putting him on a team with a HOF QB is only a band aid, not a complete solution. So yeah, hopefully he's there mentally.
Also hoping Randall Cobb can come back strong.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
There is a lot of discussion about his mental state over on FF's Packers subforum. I put a post up there wondering if he was bipolar. He has said and done some crazy stuff and patients with this disorder can behave this way when they are in a manic state. If they are religious about taking their medication it can be managed well.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
16 Apr 2022 08:37
Acrobat wrote:
There is a lot of discussion about his mental state over on FF's Packers subforum. I put a post up there wondering if he was bipolar. He has said and done some crazy stuff and patients with this disorder can behave this way when they are in a manic state. If they are religious about taking their medication it can be managed well.
Alcoholism and depression are the known issues. Sounds like the trade from Buffalo to the Rams saved his life, honestly (not because Buffalo was to blame, just because he had made everything there toxic and unworkable)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Apr 2022 10:45
Pugger wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Alcoholism and depression are the known issues. Sounds like the trade from Buffalo to the Rams saved his life, honestly (not because Buffalo was to blame, just because he had made everything there toxic and unworkable)
Oh wow. I hadn't heard about any of that stuff. Have a link readily available that tells that story?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Hmmm… alcoholism and depression. Maybe Green Bay Wisconsin during a hard winter isn’t the best place to be, lol.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 14:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Hmmm… alcoholism and depression. Maybe Green Bay Wisconsin during a hard winter isn’t the best place to be, lol.
All I care about is how he can help us. Realistically a 4 or tc cut depending on his contract. Still time to find someone.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Realist wrote:
16 Apr 2022 15:57

All I care about is how he can help us. Realistically a 4 or tc cut depending on his contract. Still time to find someone.
Realistically a 4? Are you kidding me? Realistically the best WR on our roster and more ready to contribute than almost any available rookie.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Apr 2022 16:04
Realist wrote:

Realistically a 4? Are you kidding me? Realistically the best WR on our roster and more ready to contribute than almost any available rookie.
Sounds like our wr issue is looking good then. We found our number 1. Surprised he bounces around so much. Got a bargain gutey.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Realist wrote:
16 Apr 2022 16:30
YoHoChecko wrote:
Realist wrote:

Sounds like our wr issue is looking good then. We found our number 1. Surprised he bounces around so much. Got a bargain gutey.
You are right - his contract tells you his value. If he is the best wr on our roster we are so far behind the competition. Makes even more sense the trade up to get the best wr in the draft.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Realist wrote:

Agree best wr on our roster which is terrible. Disagree he will contribute more than any rookie.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
16 Apr 2022 17:00
YoHoChecko wrote:
Realist wrote:

Agree best wr on our roster which is terrible. Disagree he will contribute more than any rookie.
that isn't what Yoho said, I wish if people are going to quote others they would get the story straight. :lol:

there are some rookies in this class that would quickly become the #1 depending on the team that drafts them, and we are such a team, Sammy probably doesn't matter when it comes to those few receivers, one thing for sure though, his presence will force them to work harder to be the best they can be, Signing Watkins was smart money

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yoop wrote:
16 Apr 2022 17:19
bud fox wrote:
16 Apr 2022 17:00
YoHoChecko wrote:

that isn't what Yoho said, I wish if people are going to quote others they would get the story straight. :lol:

there are some rookies in this class that would quickly become the #1 depending on the team that drafts them, and we are such a team, Sammy probably doesn't matter when it comes to those few receivers, one thing for sure though, his presence will force them to work harder to be the best they can be, Signing Watkins was smart money
He literally said he is the best wr on our team and more ready to contribute than any available rookie wr. Without our capital we can probably get any rookie wr.

He literally said what you are saying he didn't - read it again.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Many things can be true.

1) Sammy is our defacto #1 at the moment
2) Sammy may or may not suck for the Packers, like he has been up and down in the league
3) he is probably cuttable due to contract if he is a cancer
4) the WR room, as currently constructed, is god awful. Probably worst in league.

5) I like Sammy and think it will work, happy he is a Packer
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 20:17
Many things can be true.

2) Sammy may or may not suck for the Packers, like he has been up and down in the league
4) the WR room, as currently constructed, is god awful. Probably worst in league.

Worst in the league?

My goodness you guys are a little too down on our guys. Id argue currently 2nd best in the division.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 20:39
Drj820 wrote:
Many things can be true.

Worst in the league?

My goodness you guys are a little too down on our guys. Id argue currently 2nd best in the division.
haha

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 21:09
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Many things can be true.

Worst in the league?

haha
Yes, your negativity getting hilarious, we are all laughing.

Would your trade our WR straight up for the bears or lions right now?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 21:19
Drj820 wrote:
16 Apr 2022 21:09
BF004 wrote:

Worst in the league?

haha
Yes, your negativity getting hilarious, we are all laughing.

Would your trade our WR straight up for the bears or lions right now?
sure, why not.
Last edited by Drj820 on 16 Apr 2022 21:30, edited 2 times in total.