Veteran WR Options

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Veteran WR Options

Post by NCF »

A place to talk about WRs already in the NFL.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

How would any one feel about a reclamation project like Parris Campbell or Andy Isabella?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

How about Parker from Miami?
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
23 Mar 2022 18:05
How would any one feel about a reclamation project like Parris Campbell or Andy Isabella?
Not sure we need an Isabella anymore.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
23 Mar 2022 18:16
NCF wrote:
Not sure we need an Isabella anymore.
Speed. We don’t have anyone that can run like him.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
Always liked Isabella but we already have multiple of his type (slot limited) on the roster.

If MVS ends up elsewhere, wouldn’t mind bringing in Tre’quan Smith for a visit.

Edit: didn’t realize Isabella was that fast. Still a bit too small for what the Packers generally look for.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sign the savvy vets. Draft the speed.

I’ll take prove it years for Sammy Watkins, Julio Jones, AJ Green…

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For the record, I am all for Julio if he will come to GB.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
23 Mar 2022 18:38
At the right price, I am too.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hoping we can get either Landry or Metcalf, or both. Don't know if that is even possible.

Julio is a nice to have as well.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Julio and Fuller are my favorite FA options.

I’d also maybe call the Dolphins and see if they’d be willing to part with anyone.

The draft two WRs by the 4th round.

Good chance at least one of them should provide some good reps. Then Julio/Fuller, Lazard, Cobb, couple of rookies, Tonyan and Daguara.

Not the greatest group, but toss in Aaron Rodgers, LaFleur, this OL (healthy) and Jones and Dillon.

With our D.

I’d expect nothing less than a top 10 O, I’d wager top5 in points. And I would also expect a top 5 team in TOP.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
Does he have anything left or is he well past his prime?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
23 Mar 2022 22:00
NCF wrote:
Does he have anything left or is he well past his prime?
He's past his prime, but still has something left. Would be a great influence on rookies as well.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I think Metcalf is a major pipedream and people need to stop bringing it up. They aren't trading him to us and we aren't paying a Davante like contract to anyone other than Davante.

Plus this...

If he's cold in KC l, he's frozen in GB!
:lol:
Last edited by paco on 23 Mar 2022 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I'd see if they'd give anything for Parker. One other one I saw that I forgot too.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

Only way I sign Julio or Fuller is if the vast majority of the money is tied to game day checks and production incentives.

They guy I have a little interest in is Myles Boykin from the Ravens. Reports out a couple weeks ago were that he would be cut if they can't trade him. He has all the measureables that GB loves and is a bit of a hybrid between MVS and Lazard, blocking ability of Lazard with the speed of MVS. He's never quite put it together but the Ravens run a weird run heavy scheme under Greg Roman, and he was injured in '21 his third year which is when WR will typically put it together. Wouldn't hate giving up a 7th to take a flyer on this guy.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I would trade for Hollywood Brown. Severely underrated. With Rodgers he would be a top 5 WR. The reason Baker Mayfield was so highly regarded coming out of college was because he was throwing to Mark Andrews, CeeDee Lamb, and Hollywood Brown.

Other than that, I like the idea of bringing in like 5 of the available FAs, whoever we can get for somewhat cheap. They'll probably all be decent, but some might suck and we can just cut them. Desean, Landry, Odell, Beasley, Hilton, AJ Green, John Ross. Frankly I'd probably prefer a WR corps consisting of 5 of them over the WR corps we had for the past few years. John Ross in particular intrigues me because he has shown flashes but has never really had a competent QB throwing him the ball other than a few games with Burrow when Burrow was fresh off the boat.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NorCalPacker wrote:
23 Mar 2022 22:52
Only way I sign Julio or Fuller is if the vast majority of the money is tied to game day checks and production incentives.

They guy I have a little interest in is Myles Boykin from the Ravens. Reports out a couple weeks ago were that he would be cut if they can't trade him. He has all the measureables that GB loves and is a bit of a hybrid between MVS and Lazard, blocking ability of Lazard with the speed of MVS. He's never quite put it together but the Ravens run a weird run heavy scheme under Greg Roman, and he was injured in '21 his third year which is when WR will typically put it together. Wouldn't hate giving up a 7th to take a flyer on this guy.
welcome to the forum NorCal, Boykin would be a good replacement for MVS. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't have a data sheet in front of me but I'd be interested in seeing a list of quality WRs who signed extensions before Adams reset the market. The Tyler Lockett types. Those guys are gonna be gold over the next couple years from a value perspective. Corey Davis comes to mind. Curtis Samuel. Maybe Kendrick Bourne.

It might be a group to target considering you get them on a non-expiring (relatively) affordable contract.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2022 07:07
NorCalPacker wrote:
23 Mar 2022 22:52

welcome back to the forum NorCal, Boykin would be a good replacement for MVS. :aok:
Fixed it for ya