Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:40
Blogger Andy's grades mean very little to me.
blasphemer :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:45
Here's the link ti the grades: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 203064805/
TY

Gets you excited about Bakhtiari coming back, and Wyatt being a guy next year.

Makes you nervous about some guys like Stokes and Myers.

Fun read.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

creed humphrey was named to the AP second team all pro roster
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:17
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:12
Rashan Gary +4.40
Kenny Clark +4.25

these grades don't show Gary being the best defender by a long shot, even though I tend to agree, one reason though is that it's more difficult for a DC to compromise the ability of a edge rusher the way he did all season to our secondary players.
His grades are a bit weird because they are cumulative. If Gary hadn't been hurt and he played at the same level all year his grade would have been more like 8 or 9. The way Gary is best defender by a long shot is by taking his grade for 2022 divided by games played. So he earned the highest grade per game is the statistical way of reconciling that statement.
like any grading person, they are just his opinions, he also like every grader leans to his bias, he can over look the passes that should have been caught, the blown routes, the pressures that are not counted, and everything else that GPG said he includes with his grades, it's subjective according to his disposition of the player he's grading.

saying that, like all grades, there a reference and indicator of player performance, thats it, and his grade of Rodgers seems overly harsh imho.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
Here's the link ti the grades: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 203064805/
TY

Fun read.
I gotta dig into this more, but the Myers grade seems weird. He was one of the top centers the first 5-6 weeks. I wish I could find EPA data. Do you have access to that?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Andy was just a Rodgerz Haterz, he would have given Rodgers a negative grade. He didn't. He graded him in the neutral.

And regression after an MVP year is to be expected. The only way *not* to regress is by having another MVP year. Anything else -- good, neutral, bad -- will be a regression.

And he didn't have an MVP year again, so the 'regression' claim fits the evidence.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 10:05
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:12
Rashan Gary +4.40
Kenny Clark +4.25

these grades don't show Gary being the best defender by a long shot, even though I tend to agree, one reason though is that it's more difficult for a DC to compromise the ability of a edge rusher the way he did all season to our secondary players.
His grades are a bit weird because they are cumulative. If Gary hadn't been hurt and he played at the same level all year his grade would have been more like 8 or 9. The way Gary is best defender by a long shot is by taking his grade for 2022 divided by games played. So he earned the highest grade per game is the statistical way of reconciling that statement.
like any grading person, they are just his opinions, he also like every grader leans to his bias, he can over look the passes that should have been caught, the blown routes, the pressures that are not counted, and everything else that GPG said he includes with his grades, it's subjective according to his disposition of the player he's grading.

saying that, like all grades, there a reference and indicator of player performance, thats it, and his grade of Rodgers seems overly harsh imho.
We (you and I) are not talking about Rodgers, we are talking about Gary.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i like my outside linebackers to be available and on the field
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 10:03
creed humphrey was named to the AP second team all pro roster
Myers was just another example of drafting nimble and agile versus brawn and powerful, I think everyone here preferred Humpfrey over Myers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... nsive-line

I wish I could see it all, but if this is right, Packers were ranked 2nd in runs up middle and 3rd off right tackle. I would believe it would be hard to get those rankings if the center isn't cutting it. A lot of individual rush grades have pointed to him not being so hot. Across the board Myers has graded out as a top pass blocking center. I am not sure where the truth lies in this.

This is through week 8, pressure rate for all offensive lineman: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-15-off ... ugh-week-8 Myers 8th

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2023 10:18
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 10:05
NCF wrote:

We (you and I) are not talking about Rodgers, we are talking about Gary.
OK, heres my point, if what you believe where true, Bakhtiari would be the best offensive player, instead it's Jones, the RB who had 5 fumbles.

so missing time for Gary matters less to Andy, then it does for Bakh? who gets a full grade point less the Jones.

conclusion, both GPG and Andy have a nut crush for Gary, and hate Rodgers, right? :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Oh great, here we go with pressure rates from the blind again, along with the defense of a center thats pushed back and forces the QB to jump around in the pocket, and Centers in a zone scheme aren't the only OL that open A gaps.

I get it, stats that in any way support your opinion are good, those that don't, not so good. :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If you actually read what was written, there is no defense or formed opinion. I am trying to get to the bottom of why Myers is being graded as he is.
I am not sure where the truth lies in this.
I look for evidence to form my opinion, not form my opinion then look for evidence. What I saw on the field didn't necessarily conform to the grades given him, so I am trying to understand why that is and where the truth lies.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 10:11
BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
TY

Fun read.
I gotta dig into this more, but the Myers grade seems weird. He was one of the top centers the first 5-6 weeks. I wish I could find EPA data. Do you have access to that?
Yes, but I think its more or less meaningless for an offensive linemen. All you can really do is look at the team EPA per play with and without him on the field. Maybe can control for some biases and such, but not sure if he even missed snaps.

Andy's grades, PFF and ESPN's are probably the best things you can find for OL.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:27

Honestly not a bad thing if he leaves. He is a middle of the pack STs coach. The key is to not hire a bum if he does go somewhere. I wouldn’t hire from within again if he leaves. He wasn’t here long enough to impact the coaches underneath him unless they followed him from Vegas.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 00:34

Worst defeat in the history of the Packers...
You should be suspended for posting that! Where the mods at? :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:43
Pckfn23 wrote:

I had to share the pain. No one person can bear this burden alone!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:49
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
*Tweet*

I had to share the pain. No one person can bear this burden alone!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi