Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:02
go pak go wrote:
04 Sep 2020 07:58
Based on Pettine's presser, it is pretty clear that Jaire and King are starting CBs and Sullivan is our #3 Nickle with Josh Jackson being the first backup at outside.
Correct. Though I'm not sure that's a surprise at all; it does, indeed, dismiss the speculation that Jackson was our "surprise starter," but all signs have pointed to this aside from that guess.
Yeah. That and the Beat boys hardly mentioned Sully at all during practice so it started making us question things. But then when Nagler and Herman both touted how awesome Sully looked....that was kind of the clear indicator he is our #3.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:13
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:02
go pak go wrote:
04 Sep 2020 07:58
Based on Pettine's presser, it is pretty clear that Jaire and King are starting CBs and Sullivan is our #3 Nickle with Josh Jackson being the first backup at outside.
Correct. Though I'm not sure that's a surprise at all; it does, indeed, dismiss the speculation that Jackson was our "surprise starter," but all signs have pointed to this aside from that guess.
Also pretty irrelevant. Pettine plays a lot of dime. Jackson couldn't crack the Top-4 last year. I think that is his spot this year, so it will be interesting to see what kind of play he actually gets. If they are true to their word, it will also push Jaire to the slot in dime packages, which I really like and don't understand the hesitation to do before.
I think this will largely depend on personnel too. It's hard to really judge what this Packers defense would look like with a healthy Kamal Martin and Raven Greene.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, we got gashed in dime last year--primarily runs, but also weren't as good against the pass in dime as we were in nickel and base. I would hope that we drop down from the 60% dime to something much more reasonable like 25-30% with some improvement in our LB group.

Though again, Martin's injury puts a temporary damper on that

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:44
Until Oren Burks shows out!! Its coming people. Just give the kid a chance. Sometimes a little momentum goes a long way.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
Until Oren Burks shows out!! Its coming people. Just give the kid a chance. Sometimes a little momentum goes a long way.
I applaud your optimism. :clap: ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 09:46
I applaud your optimism. :clap: ;)
It's blind optimism, I am well aware. I just need to see him fail. I feel like if he gets a chance (i.e. forced onto the field), it might finally click for him. He is such an intelligent kid, he is a hard one not to root for. I realize street smarts and football IQ are not the same, but I still think he has a shot.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Sep 2020 10:34
Drj820 wrote:
03 Sep 2020 04:50
I think it’s impossible to know how it will go at this point with no preseason, joint practices, or crowd. I think week one could be sloppy across the board league wide. I do think advantage will go to defenses and experienced QBs, and I think we have that. I am worried about ILB and the right side of our OL, but I’m sure they have areas they are worried about too.

Il give us the advantage bc optimism, but who knows really.
I mean yeah yeah, sure sure, the future is the future; it can't be known. But what is most likely to happen? The better team with matchup advantages all over the field prevails. That's us. And I'm not particularly sure why the Vikings are considered to be a good team with problems all around their OL, their DL, and their offensive weapons and their secondary. It's like the most important aspects of football right now: the passing game (offense and defense) and the trenches (offense and defense). Those aren't good weaknesses to have, and I suspect we'll exploit them.
i just think in a weird offseason like this with lots of uncertainty, no preseason, etc that week one will be more about who is ready to play. Who is less sloppy. Who doesnt come out flat. etc. Not sure what no crowd and fake noise will do to the situation. Sure i think we win because of the advantages i listed earlier, primarily at QB..but i think week one will be "wait and see" for most teams around the league.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
yeah. come on bg put the kid out there in preseason and. blowouts. give him a chance.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I just realized why I keep thinking Burks is off the team: I'm getting him confused with Biegel.

..... who was also worthless. :lol: ;)
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
04 Sep 2020 08:30
I'am going with Yoho on this one, I think it'll be a blower, could be even more lop sided then he suggest, our pass rush will eat there OL, KIrk will make mistakes, and our secondary will be ball hawking, so I expect turn overs, and Rodgers acts as though he has something to prove again, all recipe's for disaster for the vikes, I'am going with 41-13 :aok:
I can't understand why Vegas is basically calling this a PICK EM game with the Vikings slightly favored due to the home field. I see Rodgers' chip being the greatest difference maker combined with our D is better than their D ............. so Packers 24 Vikings 13.

Am so happy that the season is almost finally here --> GO PACK GO !! :clap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I really wonder how fake crowd noise is going to be.

Like I hope it is smart, and like 3rd down on D at home is significantly louder than other downs and if it’s a blowout, tone it down, etc.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:21

Like I hope it is smart, and like 3rd down on D at home is significantly louder than other downs and if it’s a blowout, tone it down, etc.
You know they won't do it smart.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:57
BF004 wrote:

I'm wagering crowd noise to be the same across the board, no matter the circumstance.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
05 Sep 2020 11:01
NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:57
BF004 wrote:

I'm wagering crowd noise to be the same across the board, no matter the circumstance.
Was thinking the same myself. They can now control crowd noise to get exactly what they want at all times.

The good news is our stadium might actually be loud and quiet when it’s supposed to be.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So probably no Raven Greene for this game then. :|
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I don’t see Ricky Wagner on that list, but also haven’t seen a tweet about him practicing.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2020 13:53
I don’t see Ricky Wagner on that list, but also haven’t seen a tweet about him practicing.
Wagner was back practicing last week, already.

Read More. Post Less.