Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

musclestang wrote:
13 Jun 2024 16:12
I don't think anybody has proven anything. Every single year Vets come to voluntary camps, every year some big names miss, skip, sit out, boycott or show up for some. Some participate, some don't. Some come to Mandatory camps, some skip it, some hold out, some have all sorts of reasons for coming to some, none or all. And pretty much every year it never matters with a lot of them. A lot of these aging vets will be held out of reps in training camp too and preseason games etc. I think the FO's can handle it.

We had multiples miss our mandatory camp, any chatter? Only thing that's been proven, people love to talk about Rodgers.
You're missing the point still. Also, we didn't have multiple players who were unexcused. Not one.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Mad that one got done first.

Read More. Post Less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jun 2024 17:17
musclestang wrote:
I don't think anybody has proven anything. Every single year Vets come to voluntary camps, every year some big names miss, skip, sit out, boycott or show up for some. Some participate, some don't. Some come to Mandatory camps, some skip it, some hold out, some have all sorts of reasons for coming to some, none or all. And pretty much every year it never matters with a lot of them. A lot of these aging vets will be held out of reps in training camp too and preseason games etc. I think the FO's can handle it.

We had multiples miss our mandatory camp, any chatter? Only thing that's been proven, people love to talk about Rodgers.
You're missing the point still. Also, we didn't have multiple players who were unexcused. Not one.
This year. And what’s the difference? Heck they excused them because they’re vets. Some new to the team, 1st year here.

I know nothing of Rodgers absence, doesn’t really matter, it’s a Jets issue and from what their HC said, they don’t really have a problem with it either.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
13 Jun 2024 18:38
That’s a heck of a bar set by that QB.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

These contracts are absurd.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

musclestang wrote:
13 Jun 2024 19:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
musclestang wrote:

This year. And what’s the difference? Heck they excused them because they’re vets. Some new to the team, 1st year here.

I know nothing of Rodgers absence, doesn’t really matter, it’s a Jets issue and from what their HC said, they don’t really have a problem with it either.
You're still missing the point. It all comes down to Rodgers' hypocrisy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

musclestang wrote:
13 Jun 2024 19:48
NCF wrote:
13 Jun 2024 18:38
That’s a heck of a bar set by that QB.
Yep that guy has been trash

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jun 2024 12:01

:think: :think:

queue yoop in 3...2...1...
and you brought this why exactly? do you know what a hypocrite is? it's a person who baths in the glory and success of others, but then smears the person that provided it, you've been one of the harshest critics of Rodgers, yet minus Rodgers and we are a perennial cellar dweller this last decade, call me a hypocrite, like I said, don't poke your eye out, the only hypocrite here is you.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jun 2024 20:13
musclestang wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I haven’t I see exactly why people like to talk about him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

musclestang wrote:
13 Jun 2024 20:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jun 2024 20:13
musclestang wrote:

I haven’t I see exactly why people like to talk about him.
You included apparently. :twisted:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jun 2024 20:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jun 2024 12:01

:think: :think:

queue yoop in 3...2...1...
and you brought this why exactly? do you know what a hypocrite is? it's a person who baths in the glory and success of others, but then smears the person that provided it, you've been one of the harshest critics of Rodgers, yet minus Rodgers and we are a perennial cellar dweller this last decade, call me a hypocrite, like I said, don't poke your eye out, the only hypocrite here is you.
I'll refresh that less than stellar memory
of yours:

“Flush the bulls---,” Rodgers said the day after the season ended. “Anything in this building that we’re doing individually or collectively that has nothing to do with real winning needs to be assessed.”
https://www.nj.com/jets/2024/05/why-jet ... he-bs.html

Maybe he isn't a hypocrite. Maybe, by removing himself, he is actually flushing the &%$@.

@Labrev :clap:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Not really. My most involved post on the matter concerned all vets and their teams and how many partake in some, none or all of any particular ota or minicamp every year. Most don’t raise an eyebrow.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Prolly should have gotten Jordan in before this.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jun 2024 21:48

Love has a higher ceiling but isn't as good right now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Jun 2024 22:06
BF004 wrote:
13 Jun 2024 21:48

Love has a higher ceiling but isn't as good right now.
Love is significantly better than Lawrence.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

every time I think the league going to be capping out in salaries for a bit, it goes higher. I never would have thought a QB with those credentials would be setting that bar even higher.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:Love has a higher ceiling but isn't as good right now.
I would take Love over Lawrence in a heartbeat right now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
14 Jun 2024 05:53
heres the thing imo, pass protection, we saw Lawrence for the first 9 games last year right here with Love, coupled with minimal chemistry with receivers, limpy RB, it closes the room to error, mistakes and poor play are the result, add in Urban Meyer (rookie HC) and you have the recipe needed to create a difficult situation for your QB.

the Jags know Lawrence is better then he's been able to be, and 55mil. seems ball park for a up and comer, what choice did they have? to much upside not to retain

Payton Manning lead the league in picks as a rookie, pressure is kryptonite for any QB, specially a young one :mrgreen:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 06:44
APB wrote:
14 Jun 2024 05:53
heres the thing imo, pass protection, we saw Lawrence for the first 9 games last year right here with Love, coupled with minimal chemistry with receivers, limpy RB, it closes the room to error, mistakes and poor play are the result, add in Urban Meyer (rookie HC) and you have the recipe needed to create a difficult situation for your QB.
Your entire response completely ignores the "right now" qualifier of my statement.