Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

AB officially out.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kingsley Keke is also out. :|
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2021 20:00
Kingsley Keke is also out. :|
Bummed about this. We need all the pass rushers we can get for this one.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

King listed as questionable. Wtf.

This would be huge. He missed week 6 too
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Linebacker Krys Barnes (thumb) and running back Jamaal Williams (ankle), both new additions to the injury report this week, will also play.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2021 21:21
Linebacker Krys Barnes (thumb) and running back Jamaal Williams (ankle), both new additions to the injury report this week, will also play.
Krys Barnes is this year's Zadarius when it comes to injuries.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2021 21:20

He will play. Regardless the dude is made of glass.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jan 2021 01:35
TheGreenMan wrote:

I think it'll cost him so big money in FA.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2021 09:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

He is a very interesting case to watch this offseason of what he brings. Our top 3 FAs are going to be really interesting to watch.

SB rings really help the intrinsic value of all player because the whole world is watching.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 09:40
TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2021 09:29
lupedafiasco wrote:

He is a very interesting case to watch this offseason of what he brings. Our top 3 FAs are going to be really interesting to watch.

SB rings really help the intrinsic value of all player because the whole world is watching.
A lot of teams want to bring a guy who can show a ring. Prime the pump for the coming year.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

We talk a lot of positives going into the game, but what are the weaknesses?

I think if the game is going wrong, especially on offense, LaFleur has difficulties making adjustments at times and coming out with a different game plan. If Rodgers struggles, or if the pass rush is getting to us, we need to adjust. If that means bringing in a extra blocker or leaving someone back, so be it. It's important for LaFleur to change what isn't working and go at it with a different approach. At times I think he fails to do this.

The defense can also take note as well, if I see Pettine play zone every down I'm going to blow a gasket. Brady isn't going to be beat on zone tomorrow afternoon, he'll pick it apart. We can't expect to run the same thing over and over again and expect it to work here. About the midway point in the season, it appeared like Pettine was finally willing to make some adjustments, so I'm hoping this is behind us. If there's a weakness here, I think it'll be Pettine going into a shell, afraid to blitz Brady.

We know our special teams play is bad. If we can at least cover punts and kickoffs, I can live with a number of fair catches. Luckily for us, Tampa doesn't have a strong special teams unit too.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will be worried if we can't run the ball on offense. If we need to rely on our passing game whether it be due to Vea and the ILB's stuffing our RBs or need to throw to come back from behind....I'm really nervous. If we can run the ball effectively and actually run the ball, I think the only way we lose is due to turning it over.

For defense, I will be concerned if our front 4 get zero pressure. If Brady gets 3.5 seconds or more with no push up the pocket or our edge boys are not getting on their tackles, I will be concerned on the defensive side. This isn't quite as important as the running above because the next thing is red zone defense.

Ultimately I think tomorrow comes down to running the ball on offense and being an effective red zone defense when the field condenses. And turnovers.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 10:43
Ultimately I think tomorrow comes down to running the ball on offense and being an effective red zone defense when the field condenses. And turnovers.
So pretty much week's 1-17 as well as the Divisional round... :lol: ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
23 Jan 2021 10:52
go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2021 10:43
So pretty much week's 1-17 as well as the Divisional round... :lol: ;)
I mean it's football right? Especially in the playoffs the winning formula isn't hard. Every team is pretty even.

DON'T TURN IT OVER and create turnovers. The only game this really didn't work was the game that shall never be mentioned.

I truly believe if our RBs are successful in the playoffs....we won't lose. My question though is if we need to depend on Rodgers's arm....can we win with that formula?

Do we have any examples where that happened in 2020? A game we coulndn't run the ball but it didn't matter and we won? Atlanta comes to mind.
Yoop wrote:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Less than 90 and win - Atlanta, Jax, Chicago

90-100 and win - NO and Houston

2 of 3 losses were less than 100, and the other was 109

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I'm worrried that MLF dies of thermal shock when they pour the Gatorade over him. :munch:

Can't be as bad as Holmgren got it though.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I think the barometer will be the play of Aaron Rodgers in the first half. If he comes out hot, we win this game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 12:38
I think the barometer will be the play of Aaron Rodgers in the first half. If he comes out hot, we win this game.
Yeah I have basically said for each of these playoff games that we need 1 of 3 to play really well for us to win. If one of either Adams, Rodgers or Jones plays well....we are gonna be tough to beat.
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2021 12:38
So basically you're saying, he has to step onto the field! :king: :guitar: :violin: :rimshot: :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just want to say that I am incredibly confident for tomorrow and everyone here knows I am not that way normally. But I am very confident we are going to the Super Bowl.
Yoop wrote: