Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

When the boredom hits .......... the mind wanders.

Friendly reminder another great offensive lineman from the 1950s that wore #75 before Forrest Gregg. Dick Afflis.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 17:07
musclestang wrote:
01 Nov 2023 16:35
They can give our OL whatever composite score they want, between penalties and letting free rushers in both the pass and the run game with enough regularity we can't sustain a drive for &%$@, they are hugely responsible for the failings on offense.
no kidding, I don't know who this computer cowboy is, and no offense meant, but his run blocking grades seem to depict our OL far more then the pass pro, we can't string together enough plays to move the chains with out a OL blunder.
Those aren't "his" (Computer Cowboy) grades, they're a composite of 3 different source grades compiled into one aggregate score. In other words, there are multiple grading sites, when compiled and weighted, that view the Packer pass blocking as upper tier while grading the run blocking as sub-standard. Click on the chart to view the notes at the bottom in order to see how each site's grades are weighted.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 06:31
Yoop wrote:
musclestang wrote:
01 Nov 2023 16:35
They can give our OL whatever composite score they want, between penalties and letting free rushers in both the pass and the run game with enough regularity we can't sustain a drive for &%$@, they are hugely responsible for the failings on offense.
no kidding, I don't know who this computer cowboy is, and no offense meant, but his run blocking grades seem to depict our OL far more then the pass pro, we can't string together enough plays to move the chains with out a OL blunder.
Those aren't "his" (Computer Cowboy) grades, they're a composite of 3 different source grades compiled into one aggregate score. In other words, there are multiple grading sites, when compiled and weighted, that view the Packer pass blocking as upper tier while grading the run blocking as sub-standard. Click on the chart to view the notes at the bottom in order to see how each site's grades are weighted.
I did, and still believe this doesn't take into account all the problems of penalty's free rushers, WAlkers complete lack of ability, Myers gamed like a UDFA jag, and I wouldn't expect espn to do anything right, specially grade OL.
this last game saw some improvement, prior it's been a dumpster fire, still say it's the leading cause for Love having this rocky start.

as this responder says, he's confused too

Jordan Amdahl
@jrdnmdhl
·
20h
Concordance between these metrics still seems quite poor. Circled all the 50-point (!) gaps. Would love to see someone do a breakdown on the differences between what these metrics are measuring because it isn't just random variation

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 06:51
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I did, and still believe this doesn't take into account all the problems of penalty's free rushers, WAlkers complete lack of ability, Myers gamed like a UDFA jag, and I wouldn't expect espn to do anything right, specially grade OL.
this last game saw some improvement, prior it's been a dumpster fire, still say it's the leading cause for Love having this rocky start.

Jordan Amdahl
@jrdnmdhl
·
20h
Concordance between these metrics still seems quite poor. Circled all the 50-point (!) gaps. Would love to see someone do a breakdown on the differences between what these metrics are measuring because it isn't just random variation
I'm not arguing the accuracy of the grades one way or the other, just pointing out this isn't just some random peckerwood spewing grades. These grades were provided by so-called analysts and compiled/ranked.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

In other news, it seems Jaire is channeling his inner Aaron Rodgers:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 06:59
Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 06:51
APB wrote:

Jordan Amdahl
@jrdnmdhl
·
20h
I'm not arguing the accuracy of the grades one way or the other, just pointing out this isn't just some random peckerwood spewing grades. These grades were provided by so-called analysts and compiled/ranked.
PFF has a pay wall, but we aren't in there top 4, again these graders don't add in the penalty's which stall drives, and there grades don't align with what we see, sometimes grades can do as much to cloud reality as expose it.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... eek-8-2023

so called =peckerwood :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:00

thats the attitude I would hope to hear from every player, never surrender, our vets have to instill this mindset with all these kids, glad to hear Alexander speak up, hope more mimic the same stuff.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Like I always say, any player worth a darn always think they're going to win, until time runs out. any player that didn't have that mindset on this team would be gone. This is a good time to trim the fat I guess. and any coach or staff member checking out, can them too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Golf cart man has free speech
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

It is kind of cool to hear. I don't think most trades go down that way. But I think it's a unique situation. one team sucks, you have an older player, you have a winning team looking to acquire him.

But at the end of the day, I imagine the Giants being faced with getting say a 1st rounder from team X and a 5th round offer from Team B, they'd take X regardless of what Williams thought so at the end of the day the only time this would really make a difference is if they have a good working relationship and the details around the trade proposals are pretty much the same.

I don't see instances where teams or GM's pick player benefit over team benefit. Pretty much ever. It just happens that circumstances make it feel that way sometimes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:00

Doesn't quite have the same feel as run the table, but I'm all good with the message!
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Stenavich blames Barry! Lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 20:43

You've gotta be kidding me Steno. :roll:

Maybe score more than 6 points in the 1st 2 quarters of the game since week 3 and you will actually be in one to run the ball.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wow, that is some serious internal dysfunction.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Drj820 wrote:

while I'm firmly on record as saying our defense is underperforming and being held back by it's DC, the offense has been a giant mess of dysfunction and mistakes for 98% of it's plays this season. I wouldn't be surprised if we have more penalties than 1st downs in all of our 1st halves this season.

The real answer is, "it's hard to get a run game going when you look up and see 3/5's of your OL on its backside or laying on its face with 2 other guys trying to block 5 other guys every other play". Or "too many mental mistakes turning 3rd and 2 into 3rd and 7 because we can't remember the snap count or 3rd and 12 because we can't keep our hands to ourselves while Jordan hits a big pass.

Those would be more truthful answers.

Barry is the favorite whipping boy,, but I'm in favor of ditching the WR coach, demoting Steno to OL coach and removing Butkis all together. HC can take over OC for the rest of the year and get someone competent this offseason.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:

I'd be curious to hear the context of this question/response exchange but, yeah, on the surface this just sounds bad.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

1st down we get 6yrds
2nd down caught holding

brings up 3rd and 9

and we have the 3rd ranked pass pro OL in the league according to the consensus cowboys??? somtin don't add up :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I good reminder from Dusty!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2023 08:21

I good reminder from Dusty!
I've paid attention to Myers in pass pro, and he doesn't anchor, just because he isn't graded with hits or hurries, it doesn't help Love when Myers gets pushed back to him, Love still feels that pressure, it forces him to move, or he does get hit. thats not fine to me, but unless ya watch how that unfolds then these grades will never show it.

grades are formulated based mostly on hurry's ( a rusher is free from the blocker and forces the QB to abandon the pocket) Hits ( rusher physically touches the QB) Knockdowns ( the touch knocks the QB to the turf) and Sacks( the rusher tackles the QB) I think thats about it, so it doesn't show lack of anchor or how it still affects Love :dunno:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am not talking about Myers, that tweet just comes with: "A lot of things in football (and life in general, I guess) live somewhere in the gray. Nothing everything has to boil down to AMAZINGLY GENERATIONAL or TRASH. There's a middle ground, but that's where conversations usually go to die."
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."