Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2023 08:43
I am not talking about Myers, that tweet just comes with: "A lot of things in football (and life in general, I guess) live somewhere in the gray. Nothing everything has to boil down to AMAZINGLY GENERATIONAL or TRASH. There's a middle ground, but that's where conversations usually go to die."
and I responded to what Dusty said, and these 3rd ranked pass pro grades, which as of yesterday where no longer accurate according to PFF, we where not listed in there top 4, after that they have a pay wall, and imo last week was the best this OL has looked since the Bears, so whats that say concerning these grades prior?
the gray area is how much of the poor blocking is responsible for the jitters Love exposes, some seem to think very little, I think it's monumental.

thats why I've repeatedly brought it up.

Paco: I'll side with Andy "super blogger" Herman on this one, :) imo the stats paint a deceiving picture.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Nov 2023 09:05
why I've repeatedly brought it up.
Just a hint, you don't need to. We know.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

But what is the reason for the said struggles from clean pockets? Because if you are going off of the passing offense stats, we know a big part of that is our receivers missing assignments, dropping passes, etc. Love's decision making has generally checked out.

I mean last Sunday, Reed pretty much handed the ball to a LB for a pick (imagine getting owned as a WR in coverage by a linebacker who is not even looking at the ball smh). It goes down as a INT, and used by @FG_Dolan to say Love struggles passing out of clean pockets.

Or, take the player who is even worse on this stat, Kenny Pickett. PIT fans are pretty excited about the guy. To the extent that they are unhappy about the offense, they blame OC Matt Canada.

Love has various issues to get ironed out, but I do not buy this one. I would go so far to say that I think he usually looks good out of clean pockets, but there has been some dysfunction lately that has affected things.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
03 Nov 2023 09:22
But what is the reason for the said struggles from clean pockets? Because if you are going off of the passing offense stats, we know a big part of that is our receivers missing assignments, dropping passes, etc. Love's decision making has generally checked out.

I mean last Sunday, Reed pretty much handed the ball to a LB for a pick (imagine getting owned as a WR in coverage by a linebacker who is not even looking at the ball smh). It goes down as a INT, and used by @FG_Dolan to say Love struggles passing out of clean pockets.

Or, take the player who is even worse on this stat, Kenny Pickett. PIT fans are pretty excited about the guy. To the extent that they are unhappy about the offense, they blame OC Matt Canada.

Love has various issues to get ironed out, but I do not buy this one. I would go so far to say that I think he usually looks good out of clean pockets, but there has been some dysfunction lately that has affected things.
An amalgamation of crap really. If it isn't Love missing or not taking the open man, it is blocking not allowing him to, or it is receivers dropping passes or running wrong routes, or it is poor play designs that aren't putting players in a position to succeed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the offense just finds so many ways for things to go wrong.

It is why I could very easily see this team turn things around in a heartbeat because right now it's just a perfect storm of things going wrong.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
Paco: I'll side with Andy "super blogger" Herman on this one, :) imo the stats paint a deceiving picture.
I agree, just adding more fuel to the fire. In the end, the line is both playing good and bad. At times they look very good (pass blocking at least). But when they fail, they fail spectacularly. So while they fail less that they succeed, the manner in which they fail overshadows and often outweighs the good.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2023 09:16
Yoop wrote:
you've brought stats in a attempt to prove the OL is better then the product we see every week, NO, you obviously don't know, and you do that with everything I bring up, and have for years, it's the reason you and I never see eye to eye

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Nov 2023 10:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
you've brought stats in a attempt to prove the OL is better then the product we see every week, NO, you obviously don't know, and you do that with everything I bring up, and have for years, it's the reason you and I never see eye to eye
I have consistently said that starting in week 4 the offensive line has been A problem. Why we don't see eye to eye is that you refuse to read what other's actually write, but instead plow through with arguing points NO ONE is making. This is a perfect example. You are misrepresenting what has actually been said.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2023 09:48
Yeah the offense just finds so many ways for things to go wrong.

It is why I could very easily see this team turn things around in a heartbeat because right now it's just a perfect storm of things going wrong.
said this stuff all along, , a bit of health, clean up the mistakes, walla, Love settles in a bit, and we win some games.

we see this same stuff happen with other teams, so why not expect it from us? :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2023 10:15
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I have consistently said that starting in week 4 the offensive line has been A problem. Why we don't see eye to eye is that you refuse to read what other's actually write, but instead plow through with arguing points NO ONE is making. This is a perfect example. You are misrepresenting what has actually been said.
guilty, I go off of impressions, and thats been my impression of you, I may miss a comment here and there, but you brought those pass pro stats to refute my opinion, and like some others I didn't agree with them, again that is how you roll, and you know as well as I do that stats often are mis leading

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
03 Nov 2023 09:58
Yoop wrote:
I agree, just adding more fuel to the fire. In the end, the line is both playing good and bad. At times they look very good (pass blocking at least). But when they fail, they fail spectacularly. So while they fail less that they succeed, the manner in which they fail overshadows and often outweighs the good.
:aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Nov 2023 10:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

guilty, I go off of impressions, and thats been my impression of you, I may miss a comment here and there, but you brought those pass pro stats to refute my opinion, and like some others I didn't agree with them, again that is how you roll, and you know as well as I do that stats often are mis leading
Don't be so narcissistic all the time! I in no way brought them to refute anything you said. I bring stats, plays, and analysis CONSTANTLY in the hopes to share aspects of the game to others so that they have a better understanding of the game. It has nothing to do with YOU!

You believe stats are often misleading because you rarely understand them. In the case of the OL pass blocking stats that I posted, I would agree that they are probably overinflated, but at the same time I don't think the offensive line is some completely awful unit. Again gray area as I posted above.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2023 10:33
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Don't be so narcissistic all the time! I in no way brought them to refute anything you said. I bring stats, plays, and analysis CONSTANTLY in the hopes to share aspects of the game to others so that they have a better understanding of the game. It has nothing to do with YOU!

You believe stats are often misleading because you rarely understand them. In the case of the OL pass blocking stats that I posted, I would agree that they are probably overinflated, but at the same time I don't think the offensive line is some completely awful unit. Again gray area as I posted above.
whatever, all I know is when someone disagrees with you the response from you is some cherry picked stat to prove them wrong, and often the stat seems deceiving, now sense I asked for clarification on some graphs, it's I rarely understand stats :thwap:

again I like that you bring data, more so though when it is for the benefit of the forum, I know often folks bring stats to support there point of view, great, but cherry picking stats to win a argument which is what I'am accusing you of here, tends to create more doubt because they don't reflect what we see.

we had this go around concerning Bakhtiari a couple years ago, I actually saw Bakh give up a pressure in a game PFF said he was perfect from PFF stats you brought.

we all use stats for reference, that hardly means that stats are conclusive with actual play though, Good day to you Brandon, I don't mean to be a thorn in your side :aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Mods, is it possible that when Pckfn23 posts, you make his profile picture even larger only on yoop's account?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Stats are never misleading. Stats are stats. Stats is simply data.

It is how stats and data are interpreted where things can be misled.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2023 11:57
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Stats are never misleading. Stats are stats. Stats is simply data.

It is how stats and data are interpreted where things can be misled.
or how they are presented. Stats can certainly tell an imcomplete picture.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2023 11:57
Stats are never misleading.

3 types of lies in the world, lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Evidence part 4739030484939:

Gutes a douche
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2023 15:31

Evidence part 4739030484939:

Gutes a douche
One of Gute's biggest problems is that he is completely clueless on how to communicate or the importance it plays in an organization.