Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote: But then the Raiders and Broncos kept winning and I re-evaluated.
Yeah, I remember being pretty disappointed following the loss to Denver despite the Broncos playing very well the previous week in a loss at Kansas City. I thought we’d beat them, or at least should have, based upon my impression of how poor a team they were at the time.

Then they go on to beat KC and Buffalo in the two weeks since we played them tough in their house.

Now, I won’t look past the bad Raider game since that loss was pre-McDaniel firing and we should have beat them. Losing to that dysfunctional mess was embarrassing. But some of the other losses are now looking forgivable considering how the Packers and other teams are defining their seasons. I’m talking Denver, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Detroit.

That’s a lot of words to simply say “I’m with ya”. This Packer team isn’t very good (just yet) but they’re also not quite as bad as I thought they were.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If we are ok with losing I will continue to make the gameday threads.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 08:17
I am okay with losing with progress. I will take a repeat Steelers performance.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2023 08:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
I am okay with losing with progress. I will take a repeat Steelers performance.

Same, I wanna see Love make 3 less bad plays and 3 more good plays a game, and receivers progress with him.

I wanna see Jenkins or Tom play LT the rest of the year to see if we got one.

And i wanna see the D screw up just enough to try to make some real changes. (HC or DC)

Despite giving up 200+ yards rushing for 3 times in 9 games this year, LaFleur seems more focused on making fun of reporters on vocabulary than trying to fix the problem.

Worst run D in the NFL since he’s been a HC and his current solution is guys gotta execute better. This last presser beginning of the end for LaFleur imo.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur sounds like someone who once new what a "down linemen was" and he chewed out Barry over it, but Barry convinced him that OLBs count as "down linemen" and now he degrades others who dont cosign his newly adopted definition.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Benkert really doesn’t like Matty L.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 09:43
Benkert really doesn’t like Matty L.
No he doesn't. I stopped following him on X, his takes just usually aren't very good. And he cares more about video games than the average 16 year old.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I will give this version of the Packers credit, almost all point to themselves first and say they can do better for themselves and others on the team.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 08:27
This last presser beginning of the end for LaFleur imo.
IDK what LaFleur is thinking, interacting with the media that way. He is an absolutely NO position to be acting condescending. It's PR 101. The quicker a vulnerable coach turns the media against him, the sooner he will be shown the door. Dead man walking.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 15:31
As long as his play doesn't "blow" on the field, I don't give a rat's ass who he blu.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
15 Nov 2023 15:40
BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 08:27
This last presser beginning of the end for LaFleur imo.
IDK what LaFleur is thinking, interacting with the media that way. He is an absolutely NO position to be acting condescending. It's PR 101. The quicker a vulnerable coach turns the media against him, the sooner he will be shown the door. Dead man walking.
yep he's far to defensive to feel secure about his job, to make such condescending remarks explaining the difference between the rolls of a edge rusher in base, or nickel, as though he's talking to a grade schooler, that seemed so far off point , In my opinion he insulted Jason Wilde, course we/I don't know about prior questioning, other after game pressers, where Wilde may have yanked on the short hairs. :box:

whatever, frustration is over coming Matt now, he wont publicly hang Barry out to dry, but I'd have loved to had a mic in that shop Monday morning, there aint a soul on this planet that would defend the alignment of those 20 fronts ( does Lafleur understand the term down lineman? he sounds like Bert and his walk on of "" duh, what does Nickel defense mean again :rotf: ).

Man I hope he can right this ship, I like Lafleur, he does a pretty good game plan most of the time, we just got to young to fast, and this musical chair OL the last 2 season+ lacks consistency PP( IMHO) and sucks run blocking, so some improvement, experience, and hopefully this offense continues to improve, and bring in Belichick to coach the defense as soon as NE fires him :hide:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
15 Nov 2023 15:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 15:31
As long as his play doesn't "blow" on the field, I don't give a rat's ass who he blu.
:rotfl: :police: :police:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
:aok:

They weren’t doing much winning when I or anybody else was making them either….

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Strange guy

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Somebody writing articles for clicks? Old guys with torn Achilles are not what this team needs to dabble with, even in the fantasy world.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang wrote:
16 Nov 2023 04:45
Somebody writing articles for clicks? Old guys with torn Achilles are not what this team needs to dabble with, even in the fantasy world.
Who is gonna tell the Jets...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
16 Nov 2023 05:56
musclestang wrote:
16 Nov 2023 04:45
Who is gonna tell the Jets...
Maybe if we had one of the best D’s in the league, 3 rookie of the year candidates, 2 winners, and just missed the playoffs pretty much exclusively because of the QB, I’d be all for Kirk.