General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Far be it for me to complain, but this #ThirstTrapThursday stuff is really screwing up my news intake on Twitter.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Huh?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:24
Huh?
Lady Packer fans clogging the Twitter pipelines...

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Weird, but if they all look like that ...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We know the niners and they know us. We know they aren’t the best matchup for us, but most (myself included) feel we are better than they are. I except to win a close game. Other than wondering who is going to play, there isn’t a ton of variables to discuss going into the game...so when a player many believed in gets cut a few days before the divisional round, who the hell cares if if speculating on the event spans a few pages?

I’ve never understood worrying about what others are posting. If it interests me, I engage. If it doesn’t, I don’t engage (ie: most heartbreaking nfccg loss discussion). When things are dead, sometimes I say things to get the discussion flowing again. Not sure why some scold others for discussing things that they personally aren’t interested in
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:09
Far be it for me to complain, but this #ThirstTrapThursday stuff is really screwing up my news intake on Twitter.
Just for you [mention]NCF[/mention]

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:11

I believe Tipa is on the 53.

Then I’d guess Shawn Davis unless we want him for ST, otherwise Jake Hansen.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:18
APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:11

I believe Tipa is on the 53.

Then I’d guess Shawn Davis unless we want him for ST, otherwise Jake Hansen.
Yeah, I think it’s Davis and Tipa if we are activating 2 EDGE guys.

I don’t think David has been active for a game yet.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:18

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 16:16
NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:09
Just for you @NCF

Respect us for our minds, they say.

Read More. Post Less.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

texas wrote:
17 Jan 2022 20:51
Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jan 2022 14:59
texas wrote:
17 Jan 2022 03:53
The objectively correct answer to the question of the most devastating loss is the 2014 NFCCG.
Oh man I don't think I can get on board with this. That 2014 NFCCG was gut wrenching, but the Seahawks had the greatest defense since the 85 Bears. Pretty much nobody outside of a few on this forum expected us to hang with them in their house the way we did. Contrast that to the 2007 NFCCG loss. That year the Cowboys were the biggest perceived threat to us in the playoffs and fans were ecstatic when the NYG beat them. That game taught me to never feel relief that the "powerhouse" team gets booted from the playoffs. Most of the time, the team that beat them did so for good reason.
It's just- that &%$@ doesn't happen to us. That's not the way the Packers are supposed to play. That's a very Vikings thing to do, but not us. Easily most gut-wrenching. Roller coaster game on top of it.
Eh I want to say there were ample instances of fluky postseason BS that happened in the McCarthy era. Given the ending of the Cowboys game last weekend, I think there's sufficient evidence that it's a characteristic of McCarthy teams. Unfortunate because I do like the guy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 14:50
We know the niners and they know us. We know they aren’t the best matchup for us, but most (myself included) feel we are better than they are. I except to win a close game. Other than wondering who is going to play, there isn’t a ton of variables to discuss going into the game...so when a player many believed in gets cut a few days before the divisional round, who the hell cares if if speculating on the event spans a few pages?

I’ve never understood worrying about what others are posting. If it interests me, I engage. If it doesn’t, I don’t engage (ie: most heartbreaking nfccg loss discussion). When things are dead, sometimes I say things to get the discussion flowing again. Not sure why some scold others for discussing things that they personally aren’t interested in
well 004 found a way that when you don't like or want to discuss a topic, with just a couple clicks you can send the poster a picture of your dis pleasure, hopefully that will simplify things, pretty soon we'll just be sending one another pictures :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2022 17:12
Drj820 wrote:

well 004 found a way that when you don't like or want to discuss a topic, with just a couple clicks you can send the poster a picture of your dis pleasure, hopefully that will simplify things, pretty soon we'll just be sending one another pictures :thwap:
Hahaha
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 17:26
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2022 17:12
Drj820 wrote:

Hahaha

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

More Keke talk

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hmm guess it was on field.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

all that playing time, coaches held there breath that Keke would produce, 10 freaking total pressures this year, 22 total in 3 years, averages 18 total tackles a season according to PFR, it's amassing he wasn't shown the door sooner, hope the best for him with Tenn. but he really hasn't produced for us