Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:46
Didn’t want to start a new thread about it. What does everyone think the chances of Watson playing this week is? Championship week for fantasy and I need to figure out if I gotta play him as my flex this week or if I just stick Jaylen Warren there for the space 10 points.
I would say 50-50, at best, but even with that, you would have to decide to sit Warren before inactives are even announced for the Packers. Too risky.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Crickets on Lombardi Avenue today.

Reason: Joe Barry will finish the season with the Packers.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
26 Dec 2023 14:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
Didn’t want to start a new thread about it. What does everyone think the chances of Watson playing this week is? Championship week for fantasy and I need to figure out if I gotta play him as my flex this week or if I just stick Jaylen Warren there for the space 10 points.
I would say 50-50, at best, but even with that, you would have to decide to sit Warren before inactives are even announced for the Packers. Too risky.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. Best case scenario is Josh Jacobs sits again and I can start Zamir White and flex either Watson or Chandler but idk. Right now Chandler is my RB2.

Other bench options are Curtis Samuel, Drake London, and Hollywood Brown but I think Jaylen Warren is probably the best option unless you think otherwise?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 17:04
NCF wrote:
26 Dec 2023 14:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. Best case scenario is Josh Jacobs sits again and I can start Zamir White and flex either Watson or Chandler but idk. Right now Chandler is my RB2.

Other bench options are Curtis Samuel, Drake London, and Hollywood Brown but I think Jaylen Warren is probably the best option unless you think otherwise?
London would be interesting depending on the match up. Chandler against GB in the dome, unfortunately, seems like a strong play as well.

Read More. Post Less.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Jaire suspended but they keep Barry? Better hope the young corners play like they did in Detroit and against KC!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

jglovia wrote:
27 Dec 2023 12:19
Jaire suspended but they keep Barry? Better hope the young corners play like they did in Detroit and against KC!
Suspended for crashing the coin toss

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-pl ... ended-list
Green Bay Packers CB Jaire Alexander has been placed on the reserve/suspended list by the club for one game for conduct detrimental to the team. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transaction Wednesday.

"The decision to suspend a player is never easy and not one we take lightly. Unfortunately, Jaire's actions prior to the game in Carolina led us to take this step," said Gutekunst. "As an organization, we have an expectation that everyone puts the team first. While we are disappointed, we had a good conversation with Jaire this morning and fully expect him to learn from this as we move forward together. We look forward to welcoming him back next week as he is a valued member of this team and will continue to be in the future."
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Jaire needed to be suspended. This was the right move. Can’t allow insubordination.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The problem I have is that LaFleur isn’t the one suspending Jaire. I’ve said this pretty much from day one with LaFleur but when I listen to him speak I just think he’s a bitch. Like a pushover. He just sounds like a weak and wimpy man and we are seeing a lot of players just really push this team around without regard for Lafelur. Zadarius did it. Aaron did it. Bak has done it. Devondre is in there too. Now Jaire. We have players that sense it.

Like I said before being a member of the military when you get to a level of being a supervisor they send you to a class on how to speak and essentially manipulate people by the way you speak. LaFleur does a ton of the things they tell you not to do when speaking to or about subordinates for the very reason that if you come off like a little pussy boy you will get walked on.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yup. Never understood the people that thought it wasn’t a big deal. It’s a huge deal to name yourself captain and run out on the field.

My friend texted me that the packers were a circus when the news of his suspension broke.

Fact is that a circus would allow this behavior to go unchecked. Packers did the right thing.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm glad the Packers suspended Jaire.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I no longer consider little Kurt to be a good source of packer info. I think he’s got an axe to grind and salty he’s not in the league anymore.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:33

I no longer consider little Kurt to be a good source of packer info. I think he’s got an axe to grind and salty he’s not in the league anymore.
Agreed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Not saying I didn't think it was a big deal, just that that d being coached as poorly as it is is also a big deal and I think firing Barry may have motivated folks a bit.
This may do the opposite unfortunately but I'm hoping the young bucks play hard with the opportunity they have been given. I picture JJ going for 300 yards

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Jaire is going to respond how he is going to, but IMO, it needed to be done. If he's not on board, we saw his last play as a Packer. and anybody else on that team that decides to go the Jaire route can get gone too. Barry might be bad at his job, but this is worse IMO. People you can't count on to be there when the chips are down because they don't like it are the worst type of people to have on your team. Doesn't matter how good they are. It's easy to be good when things are good. That doesn't impress me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Alexander was wrong to do what he did, but his reason for doing so is valid, and he's not the only one on this defense fed up that Barry is still the DC, I think a bunch of players have quit on this coach.

I said it before, Lafleur could end up getting canned over this crap, and should have headed the actions and opinions of not only Alexander, but also Douglas, and Savage a year ago, Campbell.

I can't believe anything Gute says, no way is Alexander coming back as long as Barry is still the DC, and I wont blame him, he probably new he'd be punished for his antics, he probably couldn't care less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

He doesn't care, which is why he'll likely be gone. and guys that give a &%$@, don't act that way without some sort of remorse when they realize they're acting like an ass.

and I never met a player at any level that didn't think their coaches were wrong on things a good majority of the time. They did their jobs anyway. IMO, Jaire has taken this year off

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Don’t we owe him like 24million next year? This isn’t a problem that’s going away folks.

That said, a guy goes rogue and you gotta suspend him. I just wish it came from Lafleur.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

He wasn't suspended for the coin toss. He was suspended for criticizing Barry. Coin toss is just a convenient excuse.

Because of this regime, Green Bay is getting a rep as a place no player wants to be, just like the 70s and 80s.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 27 Dec 2023 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
27 Dec 2023 14:20
He doesn't care, which is why he'll likely be gone. and guys that give a &%$@, don't act that way without some sort of remorse when they realize they're acting like an ass.

and I never met a player at any level that didn't think their coaches were wrong on things a good majority of the time. They did their jobs anyway. IMO, Jaire has taken this year off
once players lose respect for a coach one or the other has to go, Lafleur chose to disregard that in order to be loyal to his hand picked buddy Barry, Douglas lost it earlier and was shipped out, we heard it last year with Savage, we heard it two games ago with Campbell, Lafleur is losing this team and the players are letting him know it.

this was bound to happen, Gute had to reprimand Alexander, that was over the top insubordination, Gute was forced to take some sort of action, he doesn't want to see Nixon or someone else pull the same stunt next week.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

It’s not clear to most of us that Ja was criticizing Barry, so the idea that he was suspended for that is speculative at best. The fact that he usurped authority and acted like an ass on the coin flip is beyond dispute, and that is more than enough reason to suspend him. Also, Gute wouldn’t suspend Ja if LaFleur wasn’t on board, and it’s perfectly natural for the suspension to come from the GM instead of the head coach. And finally, I wouldn’t worry too much about Ja being unavailable to cover Jefferson, since he wasn’t able to do much covering DJ Chark. Pretty clear his shoulder is not truly healthy yet.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff