Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 17:35
LaFleur may have not won it yet, but...

He resurrecerted AR's career to the tune of two MVPs at old age, but has since rebuilt with success with Jordan Love.

LaFleur made the O work this year with a first year starting QB, zero receiving stars, rookie TEs, Oline that lost the LT early, oft injured RBs. If this had been any year's receiving core for any year, Yoop would have gone mental with the lack of support the QB has. This season, and previous draft, Gutey hit it, and LaFleur coached em..

After all that. Do you REALLY think LaFleur has done a bad job, and want to fire him and roll the dice on someone who somehow would win SBs faster?
I think LaFleur does suffer from the incurable disease of being a little bitch but you can’t argue with the results at this time. As a coach he’s phenomenal. His staff decisions are damn near close to full retard though. And everyone knows you never go full retard.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 18:33
salmar80 wrote:

He resurrecerted AR's career to the tune of two MVPs at old age, but has since rebuilt with success with Jordan Love.

LaFleur made the O work this year with a first year starting QB, zero receiving stars, rookie TEs, Oline that lost the LT early, oft injured RBs. If this had been any year's receiving core for any year, Yoop would have gone mental with the lack of support the QB has. This season, and previous draft, Gutey hit it, and LaFleur coached em..

After all that. Do you REALLY think LaFleur has done a bad job, and want to fire him and roll the dice on someone who somehow would win SBs faster?
I think LaFleur does suffer from the incurable disease of being a little bitch but you can’t argue with the results at this time. As a coach he’s phenomenal. His staff decisions are damn near close to full #$%!@& though. And everyone knows you never go full #$%!@&.
I'd keep LaCoach as an OC. I won't be able to stand hearing his spewing about complementary football much longer. Its shallow talk.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 20:09
lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 18:33
salmar80 wrote:

I think LaFleur does suffer from the incurable disease of being a little bitch but you can’t argue with the results at this time. As a coach he’s phenomenal. His staff decisions are damn near close to full #$%!@& though. And everyone knows you never go full #$%!@&.
I'd keep LaCoach as an OC. I won't be able to stand hearing his spewing about complementary football much longer. Its shallow talk.
Wow, you must have hated McCarthy.

"Pad level" :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:05
We are in the playoffs still talking about Rodgers.
👍
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Too bad for him. Lost year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
11 Jan 2024 18:20
Too bad for him. Lost year.

That is a shame.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Don't know how to ensure that this doesn't sound snarky, other than to say I'm just curious as to why this is a shame. He was on the team last year without any significant snaps, and obviously the same this year. A shame for him (missing the chance to probably be a healthy scratch for probably the one game left for the team)? A shame for the team (not getting a player back who'd probably be a healthy scratch for probably the one game left). Just really wonder why it was worth the comment.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Half Empty wrote:
12 Jan 2024 10:52
Don't know how to ensure that this doesn't sound snarky, other than to say I'm just curious as to why this is a shame. He was on the team last year without any significant snaps, and obviously the same this year. A shame for him (missing the chance to probably be a healthy scratch for probably the one game left for the team)? A shame for the team (not getting a player back who'd probably be a healthy scratch for probably the one game left). Just really wonder why it was worth the comment.
My twitter share OP concerning him was directed more as empathy/sympathy for him. I read [mention]TheSkeptic[/mention]'s post as similar.

Also, they can't perform any level of evaluation on him while he's on IR. Had he been cleared, he'd participate in practices and able to show a little what he's capable of. That's worth something.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I wish this wasn't a business, cause I LOVE Aaron Jones.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
12 Jan 2024 11:03
Half Empty wrote:
My twitter share OP concerning him was directed more as empathy/sympathy for him. I read @TheSkeptic's post as similar.

Also, they can't perform any level of evaluation on him while he's on IR. Had he been cleared, he'd participate in practices and able to show a little what he's capable of. That's worth something.
OK, thanks. Just wondered if there was something more significant that I'd missed.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Half Empty wrote:
I agree, and I’ll be more direct. Who gives a $%@#?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I feel personally attacked by this Cliff Christl article /s

https://www.packers.com/news/2023-packe ... nd-history
In this age when anyone living in fantasyland and with a keyboard can create an online feeding frenzy on any subject in pro football…
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Jan 2024 13:45
I feel personally attacked by this Cliff Christl article /s

https://www.packers.com/news/2023-packe ... nd-history
In this age when anyone living in fantasyland and with a keyboard can create an online feeding frenzy on any subject in pro football…
Great read! Love Christl! :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:shock: If this dude starts getting home and finishing on all these pressures it is going to change the whole defense.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Screenshot_20240114-221044_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240114-221044_X.jpg (206.17 KiB) Viewed 658 times
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Booo

Short rest
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Knew it would be Saturday as they wouldn't put the Eagles/Bucs on SAT after a Mon game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »