Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I always want to see more Packer football.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Held the 6th ranked offense to 5 points below their average.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Personal notes from today:

1. The fake punt. I’m fine with doing something like that, even from our own 20 or so. But the D on that play was all bunched together. It had very minimal chance of success. They should’ve just punted or called time out to regroup. Even so, Mike McCarthy would do that kind of thing every now and then, saying that if it failed it would put our backs against the wall and increase motivation. Point taken today - again.

2. The 3 INTs. Part of me just doesn’t buy into that happening today, almost as if there were a conspiracy to somehow miraculously get the Packers into the playoffs. Alas, this isn’t the stuff of novels. So I’ll just give our guys credit.

3. The D. What was the turning point for them? I’m not really sure. But this shapes up again to be guys who played sloppy and unmotivated for ten weeks, only to turn into something decent the final month or so of the season. I still want Barry fired. But if this keeps up, they won’t do it. So, I’ll just be happy about it all. It’s beyond my hands.

4. Rodgers. He played less than stellar in the first half. I was totally shocked. I thought that he would be very good today. He missed an open Lazard for a TD early. But he played fine enough in the second half.

5. Running game? I don’t know why we keep hoping to see that happen in Green Bay. It just won’t. MLF is tying his entire success or failure to the arm of Rodgers. He can’t say otherwise.

6. Nixon. I called for him to take it to the house today. He got nine yards from that. I hope he’s okay because right now, he might be the biggest spark on this team. And I include Watson in that. If you aren’t sure, look at what the return game did once Nixon left. It was 100% different.

7. I’d like to watch the game again to key on several defensive players, such as Clark, Campbell, Douglas, etc. Many distractions from focusing on this game, as it was Christmas and family stuff was ongoing.

At this point, it’s exciting to watch. Yeah, this team is still maybe the 20th best in the league. But it’s doing just enough to win now in a league where wining teams are mostly doing just enough to win.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Labrev wrote:
25 Dec 2022 19:25
I can only be pleasantly surprised from here on out. In fact, that was my mindset going into this game. I don't really expect us to beat Minny, am 50/50 on Detroit, I can see us win our wildcard matchup but not advance much further, least of all past the cursed NFCCG.
This is why from a pro GM perspective with Super-AI support it is a mess. The odds of winning SB LVII are infinitesimal small, so we should rather tank, stock our team with better draft picks, rest #12 instead of lettin him age twice thru a late tiring run that wont be successful in all likelihood while taking a closer look on Love which has all kinds of huge implications. It just seems more reasonable but then from a fan‘s perspective it looks like a ride you do not wanna miss…. So lets do this and enjoy while we are at, its too late for the alternative anyway. :munch:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
25 Dec 2022 21:07
Labrev wrote:
I can only be pleasantly surprised from here on out. In fact, that was my mindset going into this game. I don't really expect us to beat Minny, am 50/50 on Detroit, I can see us win our wildcard matchup but not advance much further, least of all past the cursed NFCCG.
This is why from a pro GM perspective with Super-AI support it is a mess. The odds of winning SB LVII are infinitesimal small, so we should rather tank, stock our team with better draft picks, rest #12 instead of lettin him age twice thru a late tiring run that wont be successful in all likelihood while taking a closer look on Love which has all kinds of huge implications.
If we make the playoffs then that will mean that we ended the year on a 5 game win streak and will get to play on the road or in domes in January, which is something we have been wanting to do for years because our guys suck in the cold. We'd be one of the hottest teams in football. We finally have a WR not named Davante. Our chances would be anything but infinitesimally small.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

texas wrote:
25 Dec 2022 21:26
German_Panzer wrote:
Labrev wrote:
This is why from a pro GM perspective with Super-AI support it is a mess. The odds of winning SB LVII are infinitesimal small, so we should rather tank, stock our team with better draft picks, rest #12 instead of lettin him age twice thru a late tiring run that wont be successful in all likelihood while taking a closer look on Love which has all kinds of huge implications.
If we make the playoffs then that will mean that we ended the year on a 5 game win streak and will get to play on the road or in domes in January, which is something we have been wanting to do for years because our guys suck in the cold. We'd be one of the hottest teams in football. We finally have a WR not named Davante. Our chances would be anything but infinitesimally small.
Not sure I agree with your means, but your ends are spot on. If we go on a 5 game winning streak, all bets are off!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Any word on C Watson?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I am very concerned by the sloppiness of this team in late December. How can there be so many muffed handoffs in a season? That is basic football skills you see at the peewee level. The miscommunications on the backend are still very annoying to watch. Again something that should not be happening this late in the year so frequently. The tackling attempts, or lack there of, by a lot of these players is probably my pet peeve and has been for over a decade. Way too much ball watching instead of getting in and helping their team mates get a ball carrier down.

Honestly I thought this game was unwinnable. I don’t really think we win it as much as the Dolphins lost it. Tua made some awful decisions. They made a ton of critical mistakes and let us hang around. I do think the Vikings will dominate us like an underground European sex dungeon but I was proven wrong today so who knows.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Dec 2022 21:51
Any word on C Watson?
Fine, precautionary.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Dec 2022 22:03
I am very concerned by the sloppiness of this team in late December. How can there be so many muffed handoffs in a season? That is basic football skills you see at the peewee level. The miscommunications on the backend are still very annoying to watch. Again something that should not be happening this late in the year so frequently. The tackling attempts, or lack there of, by a lot of these players is probably my pet peeve and has been for over a decade. Way too much ball watching instead of getting in and helping their team mates get a ball carrier down.

Honestly I thought this game was unwinnable. I don’t really think we win it as much as the Dolphins lost it. Tua made some awful decisions. They made a ton of critical mistakes and let us hang around. I do think the Vikings will dominate us like an underground European sex dungeon but I was proven wrong today so who knows.
While I don’t dispute the team has the record it has because the team doesn’t do a lot of stuff well…that stuff does not make me think the Vikings will spank us. They are the worst three loss team I’ve ever seen. We may lose, but we very well can win too. Early odds would be about 50/50 I’d say. Nothing near what I saw happen in that European sex dungeon.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Dec 2022 22:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Dec 2022 22:03

While I don’t dispute the team has the record it has because the team doesn’t do a lot of stuff well…that stuff does not make me think the Vikings will spank us. They are the worst three loss team I’ve ever seen. We may lose, but we very well can win too. Early odds would be about 50/50 I’d say. Nothing near what I saw happen in that European sex dungeon.
I don't think I have ever agreed with anything you have said more! ;)!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

German_Panzer wrote:
The odds of winning SB LVII are infinitesimal small, so we should rather tank, stock our team with better draft picks, rest #12 instead of lettin him age twice thru a late tiring run that wont be successful in all likelihood while taking a closer look on Love which has all kinds of huge implications.
I disagree; you need playoff experience (accumulated over the previous seasons) to build championship teams, and I am not anti-tanking. Getting in, even if you are a "pretender" and get bounced early, still gives you something (playoff experience) as valuable as a high draft pick, if not more.

It will be especially valuable for our three young receivers, especially given how much we are relying on them to be "the guys" going forward.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
25 Dec 2022 23:31
German_Panzer wrote:
The odds of winning SB LVII are infinitesimal small, so we should rather tank, stock our team with better draft picks, rest #12 instead of lettin him age twice thru a late tiring run that wont be successful in all likelihood while taking a closer look on Love which has all kinds of huge implications.
I disagree; you need playoff experience (accumulated over the previous seasons) to build championship teams, and I am not anti-tanking. Getting in, even if you are a "pretender" and get bounced early, still gives you something (playoff experience) as valuable as a high draft pick, if not more.

It will be especially valuable for our three young receivers, especially given how much we are relying on them to be "the guys" going forward.
It’s actually been proven there’s no correlation to how you finish a season and how you start the following. Playoff experience means very little as well in the NFL. It’s huge in multi game series playoffs.

The high draft pick is everything if used correctly. You can land a franchise changing player. This organization I have trouble seeing them making the right choice so I guess it doesn’t matter but imagine the Dams winning one more game and not gettin Aaron Donald at pick 13.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 07:16
Labrev wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

It’s actually been proven there’s no correlation to how you finish a season and how you start the following. Playoff experience means very little as well in the NFL. It’s huge in multi game series playoffs.

The high draft pick is everything if used correctly. You can land a franchise changing player. This organization I have trouble seeing them making the right choice so I guess it doesn’t matter but imagine the Dams winning one more game and not gettin Aaron Donald at pick 13.
you make it sound as though a top 15 pick is automatically good if the GM is a smart cookie and knows his stuff, when in reality even the best GM's barely bat 60% hit rate on top 15 to 20 slot picks, and if ya take a QB it's well below that, and the chance of getting a Aaron Donald is probably only 1 percent, hell we had to groom Gary for 2.5 years, course according to you Guty and Ted where bums.

yes the odds go up the lower you pick, but not enough to purposely loss games to do so, specially so unless you've lost enough to get a top 5 pick and ya need a QB.

I know you don't care about fans with season tickets, or even fans who go to a lot of games, but you should, people will quit going to games when there assured that the team will purposely lose, same with this idiotic sports betting, when officiating determines the out come of games, the NFL is destroying it's brand.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Jaire being Jaire... :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Dec 2022 07:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 07:16
Labrev wrote:

you make it sound as though a top 15 pick is automatically good if the GM is a smart cookie and knows his stuff, when in reality even the best GM's barely bat 60% hit rate on top 15 to 20 slot picks, and if ya take a QB it's well below that, and the chance of getting a Aaron Donald is probably only 1 percent, hell we had to groom Gary for 2.5 years, course according to you Guty and Ted where bums.

yes the odds go up the lower you pick, but not enough to purposely loss games to do so, specially so unless you've lost enough to get a top 5 pick and ya need a QB.

I know you don't care about fans with season tickets, or even fans who go to a lot of games, but you should, people will quit going to games when there assured that the team will purposely lose, same with this idiotic sports betting, when officiating determines the out come of games, the NFL is destroying it's brand.
When you “tank” you aren’t picking 15-20.

That’s where bad teams that are too prideful to tank pick, or formerly bad teams that are starting to turn the corner.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

texas wrote:
25 Dec 2022 21:26
German_Panzer wrote:
Labrev wrote:
I agree with u. What I mean is that right now, and even more last week, it looks like a very long shot. If we make the Playoffs we will be certainly an eye-brow raiser. But this Sunday we play the Vikings, no idea how we can beat them, I hope for Capt. Kirk to screw it up for us.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It will show great heart and I will be proven wrong about this teams character and heart IF they can make the playoffs. But that’s where my expectations end. There are not many “great teams” this year. But there are two in the NFC that are simply a class well the packers. This is the niners and the eagles. Eagles showed that already to us when we played them. Just out muscled us. Niners have done the same many times.

I have no doubts the packers can beat the Vikings and lions and any team in their class (of which there are many). They could beat over half the nfc playoff field too…Bucs, giants, cowboys, Vikings…no problems at all.

But if the pack sneak in to the 7 slot..they will go to San Fran…and they will die like they have many times before. It just is what it is.

But I don’t even care. You have to adjust expectations as you receive new data. The packers aren’t great but they are fighting, and that’s fun. We are playing meaningful football in January when I thought we were toast, Il be super proud of this teams rebound if they can make the 7 slot (even tho I hate their is 7, should be 6)…but Il be very proud…and then expect that early exit. Which will be fine.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

I feel better going into next week than I did going in to this one! Minny's offense might be better than Miami's but there is a huge drop off on D! Plus throw in the fact it is at home and SHOULD be a madhouse after this win, and that gives me some comfort they can pull this off.
I'll be there on the Packer sideline and they still haven't lost a regular season game when I am there! (Tenn I was in the endzone so I'm not counting that against my record 😜)