Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we did little to correct last years main problem and every team in the league knows it, we are not stout on DL or at ILB, and we tackle poorly, when you add in Injury to Kirksey and KIng, Clark for a while, opposing teams know keeping Rodgers on the sidelines is the best way to beat us, we struggle to stop the run, and are suspect in short interior zone coverage.

no off season program or games, sure it is time for defenses to be playing there best, but covid has set everything back, where average in a season when average seems the norm, I'am surprised we are doing as well as we are with guys like Barnes and Martin basically new comers at ILB, this enemic pass rush and numbers 3,4,5 CB's, and all the other backups playing who normally wouldn't be, we just called up another receiver that was on the PS only about a week.

It's easy to complain about coaching when play looks bad, and I'am not defending Pettine, however if he goes I want to see all the defensive assistants go with him, cause every position group has players that have been under achieving

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Christo wrote:
16 Nov 2020 11:04
Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:48
YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:23

This is ridiculous.

I guess we came out flat after the first-round bye when we went up 21-3 on the Seahawks last year?

There is definitely something to discuss with energy or with the fanless home field situation, but suggesting we wouldn't want the 1-seed because of it is just absurd.
I agree it has more to do with the lack of motivation, game plan and I'd like to say backup players, however it's the vets that look to be taking plays off, our players ( I would bench Prestine Smith) shouldn't require the the last series of the game to give 100% effort rushing the QB, for the prior 58 minutes to act as though there in hibernation, P. Smith acts as though he already has one foot on the bus out of town, yes the tackling looked better last night, however look at the tech from backups like Sullivan, we don't wrap up, we shoulder bump, and it looks like that is the tech we teach, possibly to hopefully stay safe, but it sucks and we've given up so many big gainers to poor tackling.

a win is a win, but this kinda play really sucks.
Poor tackling is league wide. Nobody teaches to wrap up anymore. Everything is just lower your shoulder and run into the ball carrier. This happens at every level of football these days.
I really suspect a lot of this poor tackling is caused by the lack of live tackling in practice. I know they use that big donut but that isn't the same thing.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wonder if we'll end up getting one. Kid seems overwhelmed by the Bucks trades, as well.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Nov 2020 09:06

Wonder if we'll end up getting one. Kid seems overwhelmed by the Bucks trades, as well.
Incorporate that in!! I have been checking regularly. I think there is enough there for a vid after the dust has settled.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Nov 2020 11:59
https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... g-the-door

What you might have missed.
Hahahaha, the odds of BOTH OTs getting driven back in a manner that they each step on one foot of the QB at the exact same time is hilarious.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m afraid not enough people will go back into here’s Johnny and reconsider their votes, but I think they should. :beer2:

viewtopic.php?p=25449#p25449

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
17 Nov 2020 14:47
I’m afraid not enough people will go back into here’s Johnny and reconsider their votes, but I think they should. :beer2:

HEY.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
17 Nov 2020 14:47

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. :nono: :nono:

I was really excited about Gary. The dude had a lot of pressures in that 2nd half (he does need to finish better though because he didn't impact the pocket enough).

But I am sticking with MVS for a couple of reasons.

1. He didn't just catch the 78 yard bomb. That play was HUGE and so sorely needed, but it was his 30 yard keeper and his WR screen in the 4th quarter where he bounced off guys that clinched it for me. These are plays we haven't seen him make, but he has been doing it now two weeks in a row after his easy 3rd down drop.

2. HIs deep threat is so important for this offense. I mean I so important. The Jaguars came in ensuring to not let Adams beat them or Aaron Jones beat them. They had safety help over Adams and they had 8 to 9 men in the box a lot. What that means is we NEED someone to take that over the top off. We need defenses to respect that. MVS has done it again...twice in two weeks.

That is huge. We see little flirts with MVS. If he can keep stringing this together, we have an offense on our hands.

And Gary, you keep it up. Fantastic game. But we don't win it without MVS.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
17 Nov 2020 15:52
1. He didn't just catch the 78 yard bomb.
Right. He caught it twice.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
18 Nov 2020 06:59
go pak go wrote:
17 Nov 2020 15:52
1. He didn't just catch the 78 yard bomb.
Right. He caught it twice.
:rotf:
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

that is funny, but the thing is he did make the catch, and I think as his confidence grows we'll see less double clutch catches and bobbles, and his nifty shift after the catch running away from traffic was also impressive, as was the looking for space to bail Rodgers out on the 3rd down busted play shows increased awareness we havn't seem much before, we need MVS to keep up the great work, coupled with getting Lazard back, a healthy Adams and Jones and this team is loaded to win some tough games in our future.
one of the vids wouldn't work, but the others did.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/taking-clo ... 11479.html

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2020 19:58
JKB wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:37
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2020 16:31
Anyone else getting a little annoyed about hearing, "lack of energy"?

No longer an anamoly.
“Lack of coaching”
Lack of veteran leadership!
Starting with the HOF QB

So it is the job of the QB to motivate teammates?
Directly no,
Being the leader and demanding teammates giving their best is.