Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers GDT - 9/20 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
21 Sep 2020 23:44
#Packers Offensive Personnel vs DET

21p - 26 snaps
12p - 23 snaps
11p - 19 snaps
13p - 3 snaps
22p - 2 snaps

only 19 out of 73 snaps in 11 personnel
That means..."we don't need no stinkin' WRs"
MLF only had 3 or more WR's on the field for 26% of the snaps - but he still played some 5 wide using RB's and TEs
I mean with EQ out....we only have 3 WRs. When Adams was out on Sunday, we only really had two WRs to even suit up unless we think Malik Taylor is ready.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 06:18
BSA wrote:

21p - 26 snaps
12p - 23 snaps
11p - 19 snaps
13p - 3 snaps
22p - 2 snaps

MLF only had 3 or more WR's on the field for 26% of the snaps - but he still played some 5 wide using RB's and TEs
I mean with EQ out....we only have 3 WRs. When Adams was out on Sunday, we only really had two WRs to even suit up unless we think Malik Taylor is ready.
Was gunna say this same thing.

Although I also think those stats are also skewed with Tyler Ervin listed as a RB. Even if he isn’t a true WR, he also isn’t a true RB.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2020 06:47
go pak go wrote:
BSA wrote:

21p - 26 snaps
12p - 23 snaps
11p - 19 snaps
13p - 3 snaps
22p - 2 snaps

Was gunna say this same thing.

Although I also think those stats are also skewed with Tyler Ervin listed as a RB. Even if he isn’t a true WR, he also isn’t a true RB.
Yep, when Ervin and/or Jones line up outside, it's not like there's a huge WR dropoff. Both those guys are very capable receivers.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

But Jones is a RB who is a talented WR.

Ervin has essentially become a WR only.

My point being then 11, 21 personnel statistics aren’t as black and white as is being reported.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 06:17
Yoop wrote:
21 Sep 2020 23:41
Coach Matt LaFleur said his staff counted six drops on passes thrown by Aaron Rodgers during Sunday’s win.

“We had six,” LaFleur said. “We’re tough graders a lot, and expect a lot out of these guys, but you have to have a high standard to get where you want to go.”

LaFleur didn’t reveal specifics on the drops, but they weren’t hard to find in the tape. Tight end Jace Sternberger had two drops, both on easily catchable passes without a defender contesting the pass. Tight end Robert Tonyan was likely dinged for a drop on a pass that was knocked out of his hands in the first quarter. Receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling appeared to mistime a jump and couldn’t bring in a potential touchdown pass in the end zone. Receiver Allen Lazard couldn’t finish on a throw over the middle and running back Aaron Jones bobbled a quick throw along the sideline.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matt-lafle ... 57323.html
Thanks for that!

I don't remember the Lazard and Jones drops to save my life. We had all the other ones. Except I think they did miss the MVS drop on the quick WR screen.
who does, as I said it's impossible for me to remember every little play, and I expect it's impossible for even a young mind like yours to as well, and thats why I originally said 5 to 6 drops, and also why I generalize about some of the other stuff, the point is why can't we just have a conversation versus this insanity of every comment having to be backed up with data, when the comment was a generality in the first place, my point was that we over came the drops.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

who here didn't think Jones would be used more in a receiver roll, seriously do we even need to have this conversation? did everyone here have blinders on last season?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
BSA wrote:

21p - 26 snaps
12p - 23 snaps
11p - 19 snaps
13p - 3 snaps
22p - 2 snaps

Honestly, this is what [mention]NCF[/mention] predicted last year, and I didn't buy it. He was just a year ahead of his time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:36
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
21 Sep 2020 23:41
Coach Matt LaFleur said his staff counted six drops on passes thrown by Aaron Rodgers during Sunday’s win.

“We had six,” LaFleur said. “We’re tough graders a lot, and expect a lot out of these guys, but you have to have a high standard to get where you want to go.”

LaFleur didn’t reveal specifics on the drops, but they weren’t hard to find in the tape. Tight end Jace Sternberger had two drops, both on easily catchable passes without a defender contesting the pass. Tight end Robert Tonyan was likely dinged for a drop on a pass that was knocked out of his hands in the first quarter. Receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling appeared to mistime a jump and couldn’t bring in a potential touchdown pass in the end zone. Receiver Allen Lazard couldn’t finish on a throw over the middle and running back Aaron Jones bobbled a quick throw along the sideline.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matt-lafle ... 57323.html
Thanks for that!

I don't remember the Lazard and Jones drops to save my life. We had all the other ones. Except I think they did miss the MVS drop on the quick WR screen.
who does, as I said it's impossible for me to remember every little play, and I expect it's impossible for even a young mind like yours to as well, and thats why I originally said 5 to 6 drops, and also why I generalize about some of the other stuff, the point is why can't we just have a conversation versus this insanity of every comment having to be backed up with data, when the comment was a generality in the first place, my point was that we over came the drops.
Because this is a Packers forum. I come here to learn and know more about the Packers and so my response was simply a "hey let's try and have everyone help out and figure out all the drops."

It's not a "who's mind is sharper.". There are like 120 plays in a football game. We can't expect to remember them all. But that's why I come to a forum so other people can help out and we bounce ideas and then use data to support those ideas. Why data is important is because it confirms reality.

Because even my young mind forgets things or blows things out of proportion.

It sounds like the official stat boys agreed with my 4. MLF agreed with your 6. I'm guessing MLF counted the negated Sternberer drop for his grading (which makes sense). MLF also agreed with me that MVS's sideline play was an incredible catch so you were harsher on him on that play than MLF.

What I tend to find is everyone is a little right and everyone is a little wrong. But the whole point of this forum is I like to be entertained and talk on a deep level of my favorite subject in the world.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:39
who here didn't think Jones would be used more in a receiver roll, seriously do we even need to have this conversation? did everyone here have blinders on last season?
Who here implied that?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:40
go pak go wrote:
BSA wrote:

21p - 26 snaps
12p - 23 snaps
11p - 19 snaps
13p - 3 snaps
22p - 2 snaps

Honestly, this is what @NCF predicted last year, and I didn't buy it. He was just a year ahead of his time.
I think there was a lot of us who were close to this.

I said multiple times last season that our WR room would look very similar to the 2019 WR room which made a lot of people mad.
[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] and a few of us aid the importance and possibility if Ervin could be used in that slot role because he had that speed in our perimeter group nobody else had (outside of MVS)

And multiple of us said after the draft that fans were really just clueless of what the Packers really were trying to do after we drafted Dillon and Deguara as our first 2020 offensive weapons.

I also said during TC that I believed 5 WRs was certainly a lock over 7 WRs and also the most likely number of WRs we keep on the roster.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:50
It sounds like the official stat boys agreed with my 4. MLF agreed with your 6. I'm guessing MLF counted the negated Sternberer drop for his grading (which makes sense). MLF also agreed with me that MVS's sideline play was an incredible catch so you were harsher on him on that play than MLF.

What I tend to find is everyone is a little right and everyone is a little wrong.
But I was the rightest :mrgreen:
YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Sep 2020 09:08
I think depending on how you count "drops" we had anywhere from 3-6. One to Lazard and one to MVS might be counted as drops and might be counted as inaccurate throws and it just depends where you draw that line.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:54
Yoop wrote:
Who here implied that?
GPG

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:31
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Who here implied that?
GPG
:?: :?: :?:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:50
Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 07:36
go pak go wrote:

Thanks for that!

Because this is a Packers forum. I come here to learn and know more about the Packers and so my response was simply a "hey let's try and have everyone help out and figure out all the drops."

It's not a "who's mind is sharper.". There are like 120 plays in a football game. We can't expect to remember them all. But that's why I come to a forum so other people can help out and we bounce ideas and then use data to support those ideas. Why data is important is because it confirms reality.

Because even my young mind forgets things or blows things out of proportion.

What I tend to find is everyone is a little right and everyone is a little wrong. But the whole point of this forum is I like to be entertained and talk on a deep level of my favorite subject in the world.
just stop, this is what you wanted to tell me right from the start

This was definitely a drop in play from Rodgers this week. A few throws he'd like to have back.

I didn't want to argue this crap, so I said, your defending the WR's and left it at that, you came back to argue more, reality we had 5 to 6 drops, but I get the blame for being right and arguing my point, always.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:42
I didn't want to argue this crap, so I said, your defending the WR's and left it at that, you came back to argue more, reality we had 5 to 6 drops, but I get the blame for being right and arguing my point, always.
Good. God. Man. Get the box of tissues out.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:34
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Who here implied that?
GPG
you discounted both as WR type players, YOU said we only suited 3 WR's, you said these things, own it. for christ sakes

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:43
Yoop wrote:
tell GPG to get the tissues out, quit blaming me for the actions of others WTF

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:44
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

GPG
you discounted both as WR type players, YOU said we only suited 3 WR's, you said these things, own it. for christ sakes
What does that have to do with Aaron Jones playing more receiver?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:46
NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:43
Yoop wrote:
tell GPG to get the tissues out, quit blaming me for the actions of others WTF
Stop whining and maybe I will.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:46
Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 08:44
go pak go wrote:

What does that have to do with Aaron Jones playing more receiver?
maybe if you where to follow this conversation it would be more clear