Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT - 10/18/2020 - 4:25 EST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:39
The Bucs are NOT the class of the NFC, not even close.
I was with you until yesterday. I wanted them to fail SO BAD. But, they won't. Not with that defense (which was WAY better than what I thought) and Brady allowed to be game manager. They are essentially the 2015 Broncos and they don't have to be flashy to be a contender.

I still think SF will give us problems and we will be incredibly lucky to get out of there with a win, but I won't pick the Packers in that one.

Seattle may sit at the top, but I still like that match-up for us better than TB, SF, or even NO, again. It kind of depends if you are looking at it from an unbiased outsider standpoint or strictly from GB's POV, but either way I slice it, TB is now in that conversation for top dog in the NFC.
I think the Bucs are a playoff team, just not the top of the Conference. Ya, they beat us. &%$@ happens. That is not a better football team than the Packers. 8 out of 10 games we beat them. Rodgers probably played the worst 3 quarters of football he has EVER played. The play calling was atrocious. The defensive game play was mind boggling. That isn't who the 2020 Packers are.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lol they beat the heck out of what was the “class of the NFC”. Lost week one and then a weird Thursday night game to the leader of the NFC North. They lead their division.

I can see the clear argument for Seattle being the NFC top dog, but any ranking putting the Bucs out of the top 3 at this point is silly. They have the roster, they showed their potential yesterday, they lead their division, and they only lost to another division leader and a week one rival.

They probably have the best roster in the league, they just always lacked the discipline. If they heal that they can beat anyone.

Of course they are in the mix for the NFCs top team.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:02
Lol they beat the heck out of what was the “class of the NFC”. Lost week one and then a weird Thursday night game to the leader of the NFC North. They lead their division.

I can see the clear argument for Seattle being the NFC top dog, but any ranking putting the Bucs out of the top 3 at this point is silly. They have the roster, they showed their potential yesterday, they lead their division, and they only lost to another division leader and a week one rival.

They probably have the best roster in the league, they just always lacked the discipline. If they heal that they can beat anyone.

Of course they are in the mix for the NFCs top team.
Why do you have the Bears outside the top 3 then? They beat the Bucs and are leading their division. The Saints beat the Bucs, why are the Bucs ahead of the Saints?

It isn't just about how beat who. It needs to be a deeper look.

The Bucs roster is good, not better than the top NFC teams. I can easily put 3 teams ahead of the Bucs: Seattle, Green Bay, Chicago. Then San Fransisco, the Rams, and Saints right along with the Bucs if not better.

Too many people have Tom Brady worship. At 43 that is a QB that can pick you apart if you let him. We let him. That game play was beyond stupid.

Of course they can beat anyone if they have their best day. That is true of almost every NFL team.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 19 Oct 2020 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:53
go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
No one would should expect that any team will play near perfect every game. The Bucs played near perfect. That isn't happening on a week to week basis. Add in the fact that we played awful football for 3 quarters and you get what happened yesterday.

Oh they are close. Definitely top 3.

1. Seattle (you have to)
2. Tampa Bay (they beat us by 28 points. Definitely not 28 points better than us. If better at all, but they still did it)
3. Green Bay
4. San Francisco
5. Chicago
6. New Orleans
7. LA Rams
8. AZ Cardinals
9. Carolina Panthers
10. Detroit Lions

My half a$$ attempt at an NFC Power Rankings.
I very much disagree. I don't even have them in the top 5. That is an above average football team that played their asses off for 3 quarters when we fell flat on our faces.

That we got beat means something, but not everything. That would be like saying the '96 Colts were a better team than the '96 Packers.

Any given Sunday.
Except the 96 Colts were winless and the Bucs are 4-2. You could argue the Bucs only lost to the Saints because of bonehead plays to NO's and CHI just like we are trying to argue for yesterday.

I am really disappointed the refs screwed us on that 2nd pick. There were two fouls by TB on that play and they didn't call either of them. Barrett was offside and Davis PI'd.

I am really disappointed in the rules screwing Aaron Jones on that great sideline catch. I am also disappointed on the timing of the throw from Rodgers but it was still a catch. I am even more disappointed by the gift TB received by Rodgers overthrowing Lewis that would have resulted a gain at least inside the 10 yardline.

I then am even most disappointed by the play calling of doing hopeless shot plays with 4 minutes left in the half to give TB an easy double-up drives and also really disappointed in our defense on not getting key 3rd down stops. I would feel so much better right now if we at least held them to even 1 if not 2 FGs there in Q2.

There is no question. That 12 minutes of the 2nd quarter was Seattle level epic breakdown. Except it was twice the points in twice the time.

We can beat the Bucs. I have full confidence in that. But the fact is they beat us no matter how you slice it. They held our offense to 10 points and they deserve to be up on us in the power rankings. If the roles were reversed, this forum would be bragging up and down and confidence sky high of how good we are.

We are on the 2nd tier of the NFC and my mind won't be changed now unless they can go into San Fran on a Thursday Night and get a win. Which I don't think they will. I always though that would be our first loss of the season. Now I am really hoping we can escape that still at 7-1.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

From before the game...
BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2020 13:49
I wonder how having Swerve out will impact the effectiveness of that jet sweep motion. I hope Williams and Jones both split out a lot and hope they both do a lot of jet motion; maybe even getting a carry each as well.

I'd say it was significant.

Our motions were less creative and less effective and even less done I would say.

I am all for bringing Swerve back again next year, but would also really like to target that mold hard in the offseason to get someone even better and have higher depth.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:56
NCF wrote:
19 Oct 2020 10:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
I was with you until yesterday. I wanted them to fail SO BAD. But, they won't. Not with that defense (which was WAY better than what I thought) and Brady allowed to be game manager. They are essentially the 2015 Broncos and they don't have to be flashy to be a contender.

I still think SF will give us problems and we will be incredibly lucky to get out of there with a win, but I won't pick the Packers in that one.

Seattle may sit at the top, but I still like that match-up for us better than TB, SF, or even NO, again. It kind of depends if you are looking at it from an unbiased outsider standpoint or strictly from GB's POV, but either way I slice it, TB is now in that conversation for top dog in the NFC.
I think the Bucs are a playoff team, just not the top of the Conference. Ya, they beat us. &%$@ happens. That is not a better football team than the Packers. 8 out of 10 games we beat them. Rodgers probably played the worst 3 quarters of football he has EVER played. The play calling was atrocious. The defensive game play was mind boggling. That isn't who the 2020 Packers are.
I agree with this. But we are going to have accept and take the narrative that the Bucs are better until we get another big win. The Bucs are ahead of us. We know that because on head to head, the Bucs beat us by 28. We haven't beaten any team by that margin in a long, long time.

We can beat them. I think we are better than them. But we also can get dominated by them. We too are having consistent showings of teams with really good and athletic front 7's... are Aaron's kryptonite.

It's just too early to say anything definitive yet.

I'm mad because in big games, Rodgers tends to be a shell of himself half the time. And also in big games, the defense never does us any favors to keep us in it or to make Rodgers feel he doesn't have to do it all.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Obviously they beat us, who is disputing that. YESTERDAY, they were the better team. No doubt about it. That is water under the bridge. They won, we lost. I SAY we are the better team and have the better odds to win should we meet again.

How is it that 24 hours ago we were the class of the NFC and now we are 2nd tier. I call &%$@!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think the Bucs are a very good team, I did put them in the SB in my preseason predictions thread. And little to do with Brady. Other than the fact that he won't go lose you games like Jameis did, but that team is pretty stacked, IMO. And they got two rookies playing lights out in Tristan Whirfs and Winfield Jr.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It is rare for the Packers where we got beat in the regular season (or get swept if division opponent) and then beat them in the playoffs.

2016 Dallas Cowboys comes to mind. 2010 Atlanta Falcons. But that is it.

2019 - San Fran - Loss
2016 - Dallas Win - Atlanta - Loss
2015 - Arizona - Loss
2014 - Seattle - Loss
2013 - San Francisco - Loss
2012 - None
2011 - None
2010 - Atlanta
2009 - None
2007 - None
2004 - None
2003 - Philly - Loss
2002 - None

2010 I came away knowing we could beat them again. 2016 we were just a completely different team. 2020 I feel we could beat again even if we don't play awesome.

2014 I felt we could beat again. All the other years I felt we had to play at a really, really good game.
Last edited by go pak go on 19 Oct 2020 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:28
Obviously they beat us, who is disputing that. YESTERDAY, they were the better team. No doubt about it. That is water under the bridge. They won, we lost. I SAY we are the better team and have the better odds to win should we meet again.

How is it that 24 hours ago we were the class of the NFC and now we are 2nd tier. I call &%$@!
That’s how it goes when you haven’t beaten a top tier team, you play a hyped up game of the week...and get spanked by 28 points. You get judged accordingly.

And nobody Is worshiping Brady. I called him a “competent” quarterback. Look up and down their roster..,it’s better than ours in every position group except maybe 2. They showed yesterday in a prove it game for both teams that they are superior for now.

I’m gonna accept it and hope we play better next time so we can beat them. Which we are capable of doing.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I guess I am not part of the overreaction crew that believes 1 win or 1 loss defines a team.

The Bucs have lost 2, we have lost 1. Why are we 2nd tier and they are not?
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 19 Oct 2020 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:29
I think the Bucs are a very good team, I did put them in the SB in my preseason predictions thread. And little to do with Brady. Other than the fact that he won't go lose you games like Jameis did, but that team is pretty stacked, IMO. And they got two rookies playing lights out in Tristan Whirfs and Winfield Jr.
The Bucs are the classic story of suck for 5 years and find yourself with all this talent.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:38
I guess I am not part of the overreaction crew that believes 1 win or won loss defines a team.

Let's look at it the other way from the Bucs perspective.

They are 2 points away from being 5-1 in a game they committed 11 penalties for 110 yards and Jimmy Graham made a rare 1 handed TD grab. They also then only played like garbage week 1 and are now finding who they are as a team and should only get better as the team matures together through the season.

Definitely a lot of narratives you can write for pro Bucs after today.

I really thought there would be 2 plus turnovers yesterday. I just really thought we were going to be the team who got them.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

When you get the dog **** beat out of you by 4 tds on National tv, you deserved to be judged accordingly until you lace it back up and show that’s not who you are.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
I guess I am not part of the overreaction crew that believes 1 win or won loss defines a team.

They are 2 points away from being 5-1 in a game they committed 11 penalties for 110 yards and Jimmy Graham made a rare 1 handed TD grab. They also then only played like garbage week 1 and are now finding who they are as a team and should only get better as the team matures together through the season.

I really thought there would be 2 plus turnovers yesterday. I just really thought we were going to be the team who got them.
Why are we excusing away the Bucs 2 losses, but not excusing away the Packers 1 loss?

Why can the Bucs mature and only get better as a team, but the Packers' can't.

There is a TON of illogical thinking going on here where one thing applies to the Bucs, but the same thing doesn't apply to the Packers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

8-) 8-)
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:52
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Why are we excusing away the Bucs 2 losses, but not excusing away the Packers 1 loss?
I mean we have literally all said we can beat the Bucs. Like every post on this page says we can beat the Bucs.

But we didn't. So we have to be underdog for now because we are. We lost head to head and we lost big time. It's not like I had the Packers at 8th. I have them literally right below Tampa. We can be all those narratives that I displayed for the Bucs with the biggest thing being our pass rush. If our pass rush comes back, this defense is scary again.

But we are doing Power Rankings right now. Not as of Week 17. So the Packers should be one below Tampa right now.

Also, there is absolutely a difference between losing by 1 point and losing by 28 points.
Last edited by go pak go on 19 Oct 2020 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Agree on this, I think a lot of people are judging this off HOW we lost. But things get away from you once in a while, and I believe that is what happened to us yesterday. They looked shell-shocked. I think if we play them again it is a much different game. Who knows.

But the Bucs do belong to be in the convo of top 3, the Bears do not, regardless of record.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2020 11:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I mean we have literally all said we can beat the Bucs. Like every post on this page says we can beat the Bucs.

But we didn't. So we have to be underdog for now because we are. We lost head to head and we lost big time. It's not like I had the Packers at 8th. I have them literally right below Tampa.

Also, there is absolutely a difference between losing by 1 point and losing by 28 points.
A loss is a loss. You still loss, whether it is by 1 or by 28. 2 losses are greater than 1 loss.

We played the worst 3 quarters of football that I can remember. They played their best 3 quarters of football in many many years. Don't expect me to believe that is the norm now after 1 football game.

Were the '96 Colts better than the '96 Packers?

From top to bottom I think the Packers team is better than the Bucs team. Should we meet again, I believe we will beat them and that yesterday was an aberration. Are the Bucs a bad team? No. Will they compete for the #1 or #2 seed in the conference. I do not think so.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:

But we are doing Power Rankings right now. Not as of Week 17. So the Packers should be one below Tampa right now.
Why aren't the Bears 1 above Tampa? Why not the Saints? Why not look at the entire picture instead of 1 game?

Man did we get spanked, but I do not see that as a defining moment of our season.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 12:03
go pak go wrote:

Why aren't the Bears 1 above Tampa? Why not the Saints? Why not look at the entire picture instead of 1 game?

Man did we get spanked, but I do not see that as a defining moment of our season.
I guarantee you the bears would be above the Bucs if they beat the Bucs by 28 points.

Like GPG said, no one is saying we can’t beat the Bucs. No one is saying we aren’t dangerous or a playoff team...so it’s not any kind of overreaction club, it’s just the “not being in denial” club or “not pretending yesterday didn’t happen” club. They spanked us by 4 tds. I’l say they are a contender in the NFC.