Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

texas wrote:
19 Jan 2023 15:40
I'll just say it. I fear that Nixon might be a one year wonder. He doesn't look particularly quick or fast out there. Can't argue with his results, but it was a small sample size. That being said, this is only a fear of mine, not my overall outlook, and if I had to bet, I'd bet on him being actually good and not a one year wonder.
I am wondering what games you saw. The games where I watched Nixon, he was very decisive in anticipating the hole and rushing to it. He ran with authority in that, something the Packers haven’t seen since Allen Rossum. Make no mistake, Nixon is an elite returner.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2023 06:36
Andy Herman's Final Grades of the 2023 season (cumulative)

*please don't spend the next 7 pages typing he's a blogging warrior because his results hurts your feelings*

Highest Graded Player - Aaron Jones 5.5
Highest Graded Player per snape - Rashan Gary (and not even close)
Most Improved Graded Player from 2021 - Josiah Deguara
Most Regressed Graded Player from 2021 - Aaron Rodgers

Also keep in mind, Herman does not give a negative grade on the play if Rodgers is pressured on the play, no receivers are open, etc. He watches All 22 tape and negative grades are given when a play is available and the player doesn't do anything with it or something bad with it.

Also keep in mind if the receiver drops the ball but it is a good throw and ball placement, Rodgers receives a very high grade on the play. Examples include the Week 1 pass to Christian Watson or the pass to Doubs in the EZ vs NE. Both balls were dropped but Rodgers got graded as if they were TDs.
Maybe that’s why I would be at least as confident in Love at this point. Sure, Rodgers can still do the special plays. It’s just that he doesn’t do them with the regularity that he used to.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:31
BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 12:27

Honestly not a bad thing if he leaves. He is a middle of the pack STs coach. The key is to not hire a bum if he does go somewhere. I wouldn’t hire from within again if he leaves. He wasn’t here long enough to impact the coaches underneath him unless they followed him from Vegas.
Let me get this straight. He turns our 2021 pathetic STs (perhaps the worst in the league) into the 2022 very good STs that show the ability to break open games a “middle of the pack STs coach” and then you talk about it being no loss to let him go. Is that right? Like, THE guy who makes a 180 degree difference and you would let him go without any issues? Seriously?

I wanna know what it is that you’ve been drinking. Lol.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Jan 2023 13:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Honestly not a bad thing if he leaves. He is a middle of the pack STs coach. The key is to not hire a bum if he does go somewhere. I wouldn’t hire from within again if he leaves. He wasn’t here long enough to impact the coaches underneath him unless they followed him from Vegas.
Let me get this straight. He turns our 2021 pathetic STs (perhaps the worst in the league) into the 2022 very good STs that show the ability to break open games a “middle of the pack STs coach” and then you talk about it being no loss to let him go. Is that right? Like, THE guy who makes a 180 degree difference and you would let him go without any issues? Seriously?

Yeah, no kidding. :?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bischacchio was the best thing that could ever happen to the team. First, this was no easy job. This was the worst STs in the league, with the worst STs players, and on top of that...NO ONE else on the coaching staff seemed to have any knowledge of STs whatsoever. Including Lafleur. Bischacchio had to make brownies out of doo doo. And he did. Sure, it took a few weeks to get going, but i saw steady improvement. I also saw the best KO return game ive ever seen from the Packers. There were hiccups, but he did a great job. Lafleurs best hire to date.

Also we can credit Rich for bringing in Nixon. Nixon came from the Raiders. No doubt he was a request of the new coach
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Jan 2023 13:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I would like to keep him, don’t get me wrong. I just won’t lose sleep over if he leaves. His whole career he has been ranked as a middle of the league ST coach. As long as you don’t hire from within a failed unit I’m fine with that.

Realistically he stays.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I dont know if it was mentioned here, but the interview for Bissaccio was for the HC job at Indy.

Also, still one thing to improve upon for our STs. They allowed FOUR blocked kicks this year. That is still very bad. But all else is above par for sure.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Jan 2023 13:08
texas wrote:
19 Jan 2023 15:40
I'll just say it. I fear that Nixon might be a one year wonder. He doesn't look particularly quick or fast out there. Can't argue with his results, but it was a small sample size. That being said, this is only a fear of mine, not my overall outlook, and if I had to bet, I'd bet on him being actually good and not a one year wonder.
I am wondering what games you saw. The games where I watched Nixon, he was very decisive in anticipating the hole and rushing to it. He ran with authority in that, something the Packers haven’t seen since Allen Rossum. Make no mistake, Nixon is an elite returner.
Idk maybe it's because he looks stocky, unlike most quick KR/PR CBs

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:17
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:12
Rashan Gary +4.40
Kenny Clark +4.25

these grades don't show Gary being the best defender by a long shot, even though I tend to agree, one reason though is that it's more difficult for a DC to compromise the ability of a edge rusher the way he did all season to our secondary players.
His grades are a bit weird because they are cumulative. If Gary hadn't been hurt and he played at the same level all year his grade would have been more like 8 or 9. The way Gary is best defender by a long shot is by taking his grade for 2022 divided by games played. So he earned the highest grade per game is the statistical way of reconciling that statement.
I correctly identified Gary "highest grade per snap"

I see now that I misspelled snap.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Can we all take a minute to laugh at the Colts making Jeff Saturday their interim HC?

One narrow win against a bad team mainly because nobody knew what to expect from him. Then seven straight losses, including the largest blown lead in history, and one loss to the worst team in the league.

Least qualified coaching hire since we made Drayton our ST coordinator, possibly even worse because unlike Saturday, Drayton has been A COACH before said hiring.

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2023 18:37
NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:17
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:12
Rashan Gary +4.40
Kenny Clark +4.25

these grades don't show Gary being the best defender by a long shot, even though I tend to agree, one reason though is that it's more difficult for a DC to compromise the ability of a edge rusher the way he did all season to our secondary players.
His grades are a bit weird because they are cumulative. If Gary hadn't been hurt and he played at the same level all year his grade would have been more like 8 or 9. The way Gary is best defender by a long shot is by taking his grade for 2022 divided by games played. So he earned the highest grade per game is the statistical way of reconciling that statement.
I correctly identified Gary "highest grade per snap"

I see now that I misspelled snap.
no you didn't, you read a bloggers grade and presumed the blogger was right, and according to that Blogger's own grades Bakhtiati had the highest grade per snap, 9 pressures and no sacks amounted to ten times the production we got from Gary. so far the team has gotten 1 ( one) good season from the highest draft pick the team has had in over a decade, you and Herman rave over him and &%$@ on Rodgers, even he had ten times the production as Gary, BPA losses it's value when the player is riding pine or in the hot tub

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

You’ve gone completely mental.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2023 07:53
You’ve gone completely mental.
why? because I have more respect for a QB thats done more for this team then Gary could ever hope to? or is it because I don't take the word of Herman as though he's Moses and gets his info from GOD?

I fully understood your point of averaging Gary's stats as though he'd played all season, but the same can be done with Bakhtiari.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Highest Graded Offensive Players Per Snap (Minimum 200 Snaps)

Marcedes Lewis +0.0094
Aaron Jones +0.0083
Christian Watson +0.0078
David Bakhtiari +0.0068
Josiah Deguara +0.0035

Highest Graded Defensive Players Per Snap (Minimum 200 Snaps)

Rashan Gary +0.0116
Kenny Clark +0.0053
Devonte Wyatt +0.0040
Keisean Nixon +0.0022
Jarran Reed +0.0011
It's in the article if only one took a few seconds to look at it... :messedup: is right...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There is no need to correct yoop. This is how every thread gets derailed.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2023 09:52
There is no need to correct yoop. This is how every thread gets derailed.
go pound sand, I read that article, the one below it and the one below that one.

how can someone, anyone compare what Bakh does as a LT to what Lewis does as a TE, to what A RB does etc to achieve there grades, then lump in order of highest to lowest as though that is a accurate description of there value to the team, but I get that he's simply putting players he graded the highest top to bottom.

but I don't need to look at Grades to know Lewis performed his tasks well as a blocker, but was used minimally as a receiver, or the same with Bakh except his health issue limited his over all value the same as it did for Lewis, looking at the grades are mis leading, and often are with any grades.
and since it seems half of Packer nation blames Rodgers for the teams win loss record, snubbing Rodgers as he did was extremely good click bait.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:45
Here's the link ti the grades: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 203064805/
Interesting read. But giving Love that high a grade for only one start?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
21 Jan 2023 12:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
Here's the link ti the grades: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 203064805/
.55 is not even close to that high of a grade...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
21 Jan 2023 12:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
Don't read into that. In fact Herman clearly states and qualifies all of his grades saying that those who don't receive many snaps will have a higher chance of being on the outlier of grades because of a small sample size.

All Herman does is record the grade of every play of every player watching the All 22 and then he compiled the grades for this report. Because Love only played roughly a quarter in 2022, his grade is not statistically significant due to the small sample size.

However, it is also important to note that he played okay with his opportunities. Herman in his video clearly states over and over and over that just because Love's grade is higher...it is data points only and that Aaron Rodgers is still the better player.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Top Graded Players by Position

Quarterback: Jordan Love +0.55