Milwaukee Brewers

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If they win today, they are in. Maybe Yeli can heat up if they get in.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Win and their in baby!!

Sounded Woodruff was amazing last night.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well, they lost. But are in anyway. 8 seed. I don't have much hope. But maybe getting in will be a spark.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

paco wrote:
28 Sep 2020 12:16
Well, they lost. But are in anyway. 8 seed. I don't have much hope. But maybe getting in will be a spark.
Yeah, happy they made the dance, but they are going out for slaughter. I hope I am wrong.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No Corbin Burnes. No Devin Williams. Would be awesome if we beat the Dodgers without 2 of our top pitchers.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Suter apparently put money on the Dodgers.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Season over. Offense decided to only show up for 2 or 3 games. Disappointing, but I barely paid attention this season so :idn:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
02 Oct 2020 09:22
Season over. Offense decided to only show up for 2 or 3 games. Disappointing, but I barely paid attention this season so :idn:
Same. The writing was on the wall and the season ended exactly as we all should have expected it to.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I am getting very sick of going against Kershaw in the playoffs.

He just owns us.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 10:33
I am getting very sick of going against Kershaw in the playoffs.

He just owns us.
Actually in 2018, he wasn't that dominate against us. I know he choked in that game 1. And I believe another game too against us in that series.

That being said he was lights out a couple of nights ago.

I'm glad though, that Brewers team just was not fun to watch this year.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I just heard on WTMJ that the Brewers will be playing in American Family Field starting in the 2021. It's a 15 year deal. The baseball stadium will no longer be called Miller Park. Apparently this was announced in January, 2020 sometime.

What do people think about the name change? Does anybody really care?

https://www.wdio.com/sports/so-long-mil ... ?cat=10347

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Don't care.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Jan 2021 20:06
Don't care.
Basically. Why people got so attached to the Miller Park name, I'll never know. Miller all but left Milwaukee (parent company starting to come back some). They didn't want the naming rights anymore, so screw them. Was all down hill after County Stadium was gone. Now will be a long line of dumb corporate stadium names like everywhere else.

The real question, is how are people feeling about the team? The moves this year don't scream big improvement. Hoping Cain being around helps solidify the team again.
RIP JustJeff

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

If Burns, Woodruff, Williams and Hader can stay healthy, the pitching could be fun to watch this season.

I am not looking forward to another season of double digit strikeouts being a regular feature of the Brewers offense. Hopefully Yelich and Huira can get back on track, and maybe Narvaez and Garcia can do something other than suck in year 2 of their deals. The offense as a whole was incredibly disappointing last season. I hope the DH is in the NL again, but that seems to be far from a done deal.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Mazrimiv wrote:
04 Jan 2021 13:03
If Burns, Woodruff, Williams and Hader can stay healthy, the pitching could be fun to watch this season.

I am not looking forward to another season of double digit strikeouts being a regular feature of the Brewers offense. Hopefully Yelich and Huira can get back on track, and maybe Narvaez and Garcia can do something other than suck in year 2 of their deals. The offense as a whole was incredibly disappointing last season. I hope the DH is in the NL again, but that seems to be far from a done deal.
The fact they haven't made the decision on the DH is total BS. Teams in the NL need to be able to plan for that. Only so many roster spots to go around.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

So we now have Kolton Wong at 2b. That'll push Hiura to 1b. Definitely a defensive upgrade. But I don't know where the offense is going to come from with this team. Hiura is going to have to come up big. Need big rebound from Yelich, Cain, and Narvaez. Then it's whoever is going to play at 3b and SS. Urias, Arcia, Robertson? I'm not overly pumped.

I think the rotation should be decent if we get a good year out of Lindblom and Lauer. Peralta/Williams/Suter/Hader should be good in the bullpen. Don't ask me about any of the other relievers though.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Heading down to AZ in March, will be there during spring training. Not sure what the setup is for that, but will try to stop by there if allowed.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
05 Feb 2021 09:29
So we now have Kolton Wong at 2b. That'll push Hiura to 1b. Definitely a defensive upgrade. But I don't know where the offense is going to come from with this team. Hiura is going to have to come up big. Need big rebound from Yelich, Cain, and Narvaez. Then it's whoever is going to play at 3b and SS. Urias, Arcia, Robertson? I'm not overly pumped.

I think the rotation should be decent if we get a good year out of Lindblom and Lauer. Peralta/Williams/Suter/Hader should be good in the bullpen. Don't ask me about any of the other relievers though.
This team has a knack of getting players lately, and then plugging either that player, or another player, into a position that is not of their normal spot.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Feb 2021 10:08
paco wrote:
05 Feb 2021 09:29

This team has a knack of getting players lately, and then plugging either that player, or another player, into a position that is not of their normal spot.
Yes they do, and then they also do something where they have like 5 starting outfielders and no competent 1B or something like that.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Great add in Wong. Gold glove and hey he doesnt strikeout at alarming rates like the crew is a custom to. Putting the ball in play will protect some other hitters to rebound.

Hard to think we got the squad to beat the Dodgers but hey its nice to see them make moves to compete