Milwaukee Brewers

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Milwaukee Brewers

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Watching the BrewCrew and Cubs on TV tonight. Nice looking 50 year patch on the Brewers jersey this season. I vaguely remember Tommy Harper as the Brewers best player in 1970. The Bucks were the team to watch back then.

Then there were Harvey's Wallbangers. Glad the Brewers were able to stay in MKE this time.

Also glad that the Packers only play their home games in Green Bay now (for the past 25 years already).

GO PACKERS!!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Good win last night against the Pirates. Came down to the wire!
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Great comeback victory. That was fun.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, you take 6 quick months off sports and its just not even a thought in my head to turn on the game right now in the evenings.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jul 2020 12:40
Man, you take 6 quick months off sports and its just not even a thought in my head to turn on the game right now in the evenings.
Try living in Iowa, literally the blackhole of MLB games.

Brewers are always set to play on ESPN or MLB Network (YouTube TV), but they're always blacked out. I don't get it, if they're ON ESPN, and I pay for a service... and they're considered local... WHY can't I watch it.

Can't do MLB TV either, as they're blacked out there too.

So, how's a guy supposed to watch any baseball in Iowa? There's not a stadium in near 150-200miles. Cubs, Brewers, Cards, Royals, Twins, Sox.. all blackout. It's asinine.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

The only way I know for certain I can watch, is go back to Direct TV and or Dish and pay $100ish package that gets those local games.

I just feel like I shouldn't need too if they're on ESPN.

MLB TV is so far behind the times. I'm ready to throw money at them every year and... yeah. :x
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

You can’t even listen to out of town radio.. I just moved up to Wisconsin a bit ago - tried to get the white Sox and only way was mlb app for $9.99 a month. Screw that.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
28 Jul 2020 14:58
You can’t even listen to out of town radio.. I just moved up to Wisconsin a bit ago - tried to get the white Sox and only way was mlb app for $9.99 a month. Screw that.
You sure about that? I always thought it was only $2-3 a month. And like, $15-20 for the whole year.

Could be wrong though, or they could have switched that since I stopped scribing.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yes sir. $3 a month for radio.

That could be because of the shortened season though.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

TheGreenMan wrote:
28 Jul 2020 15:08
Yes sir. $3 a month for radio.

That could be because of the shortened season though.
Hmm, thanks for the info - I was briefly looking into it for my dad this weekend and all I found was off the MLB page for $9.99

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Score 6 runs in a row. Up by 4. Lose by 2.

:kaboom:
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So now the Brewers home opener was postponed due to a COVID outbreak in the Cardinals locker room.

Honestly, I just don’t see how these pro-leagues are gonna continue with any sort of meaningful season if they keep starting/stopping/restarting the schedule. Hell, I’m already losing interest.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
01 Aug 2020 07:26
So now the Brewers home opener was postponed due to a COVID outbreak in the Cardinals locker room.

Honestly, I just don’t see how these pro-leagues are gonna continue with any sort of meaningful season if they keep starting/stopping/restarting the schedule. Hell, I’m already losing interest.
Wait until the NFL doesn't move forward with the season.

I know people like to keep an open mind, but there's going to be some individuals on here very, very disappointed.

It was nice to see baseball. I've completely checked out of the NBA this year. And, I don't find myself wanting to discuss Packers football as much lately due to what I believe is inevitable.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Hockey playoffs start today - and the bubble is seemingly working so I’m cautiously optimistic.

Blackhawks on in an hour!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

What a &%$@ ending to that game last night. 4 unanswered runs.

The only highlight last night was how much control Burnes actually had on his pitches. It was nice to see after him struggling so much.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 Aug 2020 10:05
What a &%$@ ending to that game last night. 4 unanswered runs.

The only highlight last night was how much control Burnes actually had on his pitches. It was nice to see after him struggling so much.
It was a great ending 👍 Goooooo White Sox!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Sox are stacked.

Brewers starting to look like the Milwaukee Mariners.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

TheGreenMan wrote:
05 Aug 2020 10:07
Sox are stacked.

White Sox lineup will only get better in the next 1-3 years.... their pitching depth has a lot to be desired though. Free agency will be huge and Kopech deciding to play next year. They will be fun to watch as a hitting team for awhile though!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
05 Aug 2020 11:13
TheGreenMan wrote:
05 Aug 2020 10:07
Sox are stacked.

White Sox lineup will only get better in the next 1-3 years.... their pitching depth has a lot to be desired though. Free agency will be huge and Kopech deciding to play next year. They will be fun to watch as a hitting team for awhile though!
They're going to be quite good it looks. Outside of two players, that batting order is all hitting above .300, while the Brewers cant buy a decent hit.
RIP JustJeff