53-man Roster Predictions (16-man PS)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think its a little early to be giving up on Wagner as starting RT.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
25 Aug 2020 14:44
I think its a little early to be giving up on Wagner as starting RT.
I mean, I didn't specify a starter. I just listed Turner as an OT because I think he'll lose the OG job regardless. But I know NCF did

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So, we are about a week out from this thing and I have to say, at this point, I am prepared for anything. And that goes for the entire league. There is going to be a lot of eyebrow raising, I presume.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pretty relevant.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Of course Kamal Martin is undergoing knee surgery.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Some of the cut down and PS rules for 2020

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... 404lpqk3j
There is a claiming period for the players who are placed on waivers during cut-downs, but that period expires noon ET on Sunday, Sept. 6 and the Packers are very late in claiming order based on their NFC CG appearance

An hour after that claiming period ends, teams will be able to begin constructing their 16-player practice squads.

Aug. 16 Deadline to cut training camp rosters to 80 players
Sept. 5 4 p.m. ET deadline to cut rosters to 53 players
Sept. 6 Waiver claim period after cuts ends at noon ET
Sept. 6 Teams can begin signing practice squad players at 1 p.m. ET
Sept. 10 Top 51 rule expires

The league agreed to expand ps rosters to 16 players, including six veterans (unlimited number of accrued seasons) rather than two.

Below are the players who are eligible to be added to practice squad rosters:

Players who do not have an accrued season of NFL experience (rookies)
Players who were on the active list for fewer than nine regular-season games during their only accrued season(s)
Up to four players per team who have earned no more than two accrued seasons (no game limitations)
Up to six players per team with no limitations as to their number of earned accrued seasons ( pandemic accommodation)

During the pandemic, teams are allowed to protect up to four practice squad players each week from other teams.

Teams are allowed to promote one or two players from their practice squads to increase their rosters from 53 players to 55 players on game days. Any practice squad player promoted in such a way would revert to the practice squad roster after the game without passing thru waivers

There's a lot to unpack with all of the new CBA rules + pandemic rules and cutdowns and PS are going to be really interesting to watch as these GMs maneuver and keep others from poaching
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BTW, I think it's worth noting that Pettine talked about who is going to get Fackrell's off-ball, zone drop reps, and before they put a lockdown on this info, Randy Ramsey was all over that role, and he made the 53. So I wouldn't be surprised if he sees more action than we might anticipate.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I say we're a Defensive Tackle away from a top 5 roster in the league, and I know that's an unpopular opinion.

Snacks or Darius, sign 'em next Monday. Then let's rock and roll.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2020 09:04
I say we're a Defensive Tackle away from a top 5 roster in the league, and I know that's an unpopular opinion.

Snacks or Darius, sign 'em next Monday. Then let's rock and roll.
I definitely agree with that. Especially if Kamal Martin turns out what he was looking in camp when healthy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

GREEN BAY The Green Bay Packers are going to work out veteran center Justin Britt this week, nine months after he tore his ACL and four months after the Seattle Seahawks released him for salary-cap reasons.

Britt, the Seahawks’ starting center the past four seasons, is an intriguing prospect for the Packers, who do not have a true backup center on their roster and would have to rely on guards Lucas Patrick or Elgton Jenkins to get them through if something happened to starter Corey Linsley.

The Packers cut rookie center Jake Hanson, who took most of the snaps with the No. 2s in training camp, although Hanson was signed to the practice squad. Britt, a source said, is healthy and ready to practice after rehabbing his knee. He recently visited the Seahawks and was cleared medically.

Could be due diligence or Britt using Packers to bump up the Seattle offer. But in a COVID world, not sure players or teams take sham interviews. The Packers are interested enough to bring him in for the MDs to check out. If so, what does that mean ? A Lucas Patrick trade ?
Britt isn't ready to play just yet, so I see him as veteran insurance at C and since that's Patrick's role, I was wondering what's up
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
07 Sep 2020 13:51
Could be due diligence or Britt using Packers to bump up the Seattle offer. But in a COVID world, not sure players or teams take sham interviews. The Packers are interested enough to bring him in for the MDs to check out. If so, what does that mean ? A Lucas Patrick trade ?
Britt isn't ready to play just yet, so I see him as veteran insurance at C and since that's Patrick's role, I was wondering what's up
Gutey said in his presser yesterday, due to a good question from Aaron Nagler, that a lot of these visits are to do physicals and see someone in person in order to sorta fill out their emergency list. So these veteran guys sitting on the street are cleared and vetted if there is a need to sign someone in a hurry (though getting people into the building in a hurry isn't easy with COVID)