Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 14:12
better give me a 30th birthday treat.
30 years on THIS planet means you've traveled about 17.5 billion miles through time & space to be here at this moment in time
Meanwhile, the Packers org. have traveled 58.98 billion miles through time & space to arrive at this weekends' game vs the eagles

By my calculations, the Packers should win 33-16 and deliver your 30th B-day wish on time and on target.
Best wishes for Happy Birthday
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
02 Dec 2020 14:35
go pak go wrote:
better give me a 30th birthday treat.
30 years on THIS planet means you've traveled about 17.5 billion miles through time & space to be here at this moment in time
Meanwhile, the Packers org. have traveled 58.98 billion miles through time & space to arrive at this weekends' game vs the eagles

By my calculations, the Packers should win 33-16 and deliver your 30th B-day wish on time and on target.
Best wishes for Happy Birthday
Better hold em under 11!!! ;)

And the Falcons and Giants need to do their part too.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm pretty certain Aaron Rodgers turns 37 today.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Note that MVS is not on the report and Krys Barnes is back and practicing from the COVID list.
image.png
image.png (53.98 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Yoop wrote:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Dec 2020 13:41
go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 13:39
So we are looking at a 12-4 football team with the chance of 13-3 vs Tennessee.
Yes, this is the most likely outcome.

Obviously no guarantees and heck, Rodgers could get hurt and we see if Tim Boyle can Saints this situation (their backup QBs never seem to lose).

But as things stand, yeah, I'm confident about 4 remaining games and nervous about 1.
I am not even all that worried about Rodgers getting hurt for a game or 3. As long as he is back 100% for the playoffs. You give Boyle a healthy Adams and Lazard. You give him Tonyan and Jones. You give him the Oline and time to throw and go through his progression and he will do just fine. And if Rodgers does get hurt, maybe the D will pick it up in energy and do their part.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So Krys Barnes has been removed from the COVID list and has been watching practice for a couple weeks prior to this.

Also at least better news, AJ Dillon was seen at least watching practice yesterday.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
Also this Sunday is my birthday. Like the exact day.

So the Packers, Falcons, Giants and maybe Cardinals (don't care about this one as much) better give me a 30th birthday treat.
You're just a kid. ;) :)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 14:44
I'm pretty certain Aaron Rodgers turns 37 today.
He's still a kid too. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
03 Dec 2020 05:13
YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Dec 2020 13:41
go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 13:39
So we are looking at a 12-4 football team with the chance of 13-3 vs Tennessee.
Yes, this is the most likely outcome.

Obviously no guarantees and heck, Rodgers could get hurt and we see if Tim Boyle can Saints this situation (their backup QBs never seem to lose).

But as things stand, yeah, I'm confident about 4 remaining games and nervous about 1.
I am not even all that worried about Rodgers getting hurt for a game or 3. As long as he is back 100% for the playoffs. You give Boyle a healthy Adams and Lazard. You give him Tonyan and Jones. You give him the Oline and time to throw and go through his progression and he will do just fine. And if Rodgers does get hurt, maybe the D will pick it up in energy and do their part.
hard to predict just how well Boyle would do, it's not as though anyone has seen the 2020 edition of Boyle.

this may be Rodgers last opertunity to be MVP, and just because the offense operated like a well oiled machine against Chicago it has stalled out against a couple other teams this season, imo Rodgers and these receivers need all the fine tuning they can get.

Runyun looked good and protected Rodgers last week against a Bears front minus there best DL, his real test is coming up against Fletcher Cox, now Rodgers has great ability to avoid pass rush, in fact he's the best in the game this season at it, what is it that gives you the impression that Boyle is as good, or wont become rattled and throw picks?

I want a first round bye, in order to get that we need to probably win out, and I sure don't want to put that challenge in the hands of Boyle

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There are advantages of your starter QB going out if the rest of the team raises their level of play. I mean look at the Saints and the confidence that unit is building. I do think TBLS could do really well if our defense was like the unit last year. I still think TBLS could go 3-2 or better down the stretch, but I agree with Yoop that this team is primarily where it is at because of #12 this year.

He is making everything work. The whole 3-2 thing with Laser Show is more to the fact of who we are playing. But this team lives and dies with Rodgers. I think that is the one thing I wish we would have seen this year. I wish we would have won a game when Rodgers wasn't on it.

Biggest reason that hasn't happened is a good reason. Rodgers has pretty much always been on it.

But the team wasn't able to overcome Rodgers's short comings this year when he missed throws which is too bad.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:02
NCF wrote:
02 Dec 2020 08:31
I still think it is a dangerous match-up for us. They have a defense that can pressure without blitzing. And we have a defense that can make Mitch Trubisky look competent. They should be getting Ertz back, Goedert looks all the way back... I am happy getting out of dodge with a win.
I don't have any faith right now in this defense. I too think Wentz could easily light it up on us but I didn't want to bring that kind of negativity around.
Seattle's defense isn't much better than ours and they sacked Wentz 6 times.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
04 Dec 2020 07:17
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:
02 Dec 2020 08:31
I still think it is a dangerous match-up for us. They have a defense that can pressure without blitzing. And we have a defense that can make Mitch Trubisky look competent. They should be getting Ertz back, Goedert looks all the way back... I am happy getting out of dodge with a win.
I don't have any faith right now in this defense. I too think Wentz could easily light it up on us but I didn't want to bring that kind of negativity around.
Oh our defense is better than Seattles.

Or at least it should be.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

This is what I mean when I say the perceptions of this team are not as good as the reality.

Seattle has literally one of the worst defenses in the league by almost every measure.

Yards/gm: worst
Passing yd/gm: worst
points/gm: 26th
DVOA: 26th

The Packers are at:
yards/gm: 13th
passing yds/gm: 15th
rushing yds/gm: 14th
points/gm: 19th
DVOA: 18th

The Packers' defense is middle-of-the-pack in a year that defenses everywhere are struggling (or offenses are excelling, depending on your perspective).

It makes sense not to trust them. I get it. What I am saying is that when people look at the Seahawks and say they are "almost as bad as us" or "worse, or at least should be" you're out of step with how much better our team is than Seattle, based on performance on the field. Like we really, truly, have a much better defense than the Seahawks and are probably a better overall team than them. Based on real results and outcomes.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:47
Yeesh, Eagles in the buzzsaw right now.

Monday Night, Seattle, then travel to Green Bay, afternoon game, then got the Saints, afternoon game.

3 primetime games, short week, against the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the NFC, currently.
Easily in my top 4 most hated teams - screw 'em. Let's pummel these guys.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Dec 2020 08:55
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

This is what I mean when I say the perceptions of this team are not as good as the reality.

Seattle has literally one of the worst defenses in the league by almost every measure.

Yards/gm: worst
Passing yd/gm: worst
points/gm: 26th
DVOA: 26th

The Packers are at:
yards/gm: 13th
passing yds/gm: 15th
rushing yds/gm: 14th
points/gm: 19th
DVOA: 18th

The Packers' defense is middle-of-the-pack in a year that defenses everywhere are struggling (or offenses are excelling, depending on your perspective).

It makes sense not to trust them. I get it. What I am saying is that when people look at the Seahawks and say they are "almost as bad as us" or "worse, or at least should be" you're out of step with how much better our team is than Seattle, based on performance on the field. Like we really, truly, have a much better defense than the Seahawks and are probably a better overall team than them. Based on real results and outcomes.
And yet, by volume statistics, their defense has 31 sacks compared to our 24 and their defense has forced 16 turnovers compared to our 12. That's where this perception you keep pushing back against blends with reality. Like, if we start making some of these plays like we have in very short bursts this year, then you're right, we are a much, much better defense. But, as of current, we haven't with any regularity. The worst thing about it, from the eye test (I don't think the numbers show this, but it sure seems that way) is that we have put offenses behind in down and distance with some regularity but have consistently failed to take advantage of it.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Is this the first time Scott has been on the injury report? If not, might explain why he's looked particularly bad this year.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 Dec 2020 10:35
BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:47
Yeesh, Eagles in the buzzsaw right now.

Monday Night, Seattle, then travel to Green Bay, afternoon game, then got the Saints, afternoon game.

3 primetime games, short week, against the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the NFC, currently.
Easily in my top 4 most hated teams - screw 'em. Let's pummel these guys.
We're not going to see these guys again for a long time. Hang a 60 on them! :mrgreen:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Here is another stark contrast. Our offense is doing everything it can to mask the deficiencies of our defense. Seattle might score a lot of points, but their defense is facing a league worst 71.5 plays a game. That speaks to their inability to get off the field, but also to their offense not controlling the clock and staying on the field. Green Bay, in stark contrast, faces a 3rd-best 60.2 plays a game. Doesn't it stand to reason that if you spot another team 11 extra plays that it's going to cost your defense big time?

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
04 Dec 2020 10:40
Here is another stark contrast. Our offense is doing everything it can to mask the deficiencies of our defense. Seattle might score a lot of points, but their defense is facing a league worst 71.5 plays a game. That speaks to their inability to get off the field, but also to their offense not controlling the clock and staying on the field. Green Bay, in stark contrast, faces a 3rd-best 60.2 plays a game. Doesn't it stand to reason that if you spot another team 11 extra plays that it's going to cost your defense big time?
No kidding.

Everyone early on was talking Seattle up and how well the offense was playing, but there was absolutely no way Wilson and co. were going to be able to sustain that kind of play. They've fallen back to earth on O and now things just look kinda "meh" to everyone. I think this team's offense is better than Seattle, and certainly the defense too.
RIP JustJeff