Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
23 Apr 2020 23:53
Did anybody else’s audio feed just drop?
Yes. Refreshing does the trick.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Apr 2020 23:54
APB wrote:
23 Apr 2020 23:53
Did anybody else’s audio feed just drop?
Yes. Refreshing does the trick.
Same.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

"We have the best QB in the league and we plan to have him for some time, competing for championships"

"If there was a game-changer at another position we would have taken him, but there wasn't"

"I've never been a believer in thinking that you're one player away... you get yourself in trouble with that mentality."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2020 23:58
"We have the best QB in the league and we plan to have him for some time, competing for championships"

"If there was a game-changer at another position we would have taken him, but there wasn't"

"I've never been a believer in thinking that you're one player away... you get yourself in trouble with that mentality."
Everyone seems to know better, but, I'll take him at his word.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Guty two days ago when asked about the draft, we intend to be very aggressive concerning WR, translation, we like a few guys in the mid rounds.

I'am in shock, this makes absolutely no sense, Rodgers has to be fuming.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:

No game changer? Well, we can be assured that Love isn't going to be a game changer for us in a couple of years at least.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, you have to assume Packer scouts were not terribly high on Queen or anybody else remaining on the board.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

"When certain picks were made in the mid-twenties, we weighed the possibility of moving back. Those opportunities... weren't great"

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Q: Patrick Queen was on the board when you drafted, was he under consideration, or was the gulf in the grades too great?

"I don't get into how we graded different players; he's a good player, but, ya know, we did what we did."

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

What I got from Gute Press Conference:

Gute has not talked to Rodgers yet, just the way the board fell.

Stay true to the board, best player available.

Went through normal process on moving up. Moving up was all about options left, Miami called Packers.

Whenever you get a opportunity to add a player at that position you consider it.

Natural thrower, good athlete, good size, somewhat raw, fits with culture

We have the best QB in the NFL (Rodgers) and expect to have him for awhile.

Never feel we are one player away (from super bowl).

Draft communication/technology was as good as it could have been.

Aaron has been through a lot in his career, he is playing for legacy, he is very motivated

Play QB in the NFL is the hardest position in all of sports, got to take one that you like

Love is a genuine person, person you want to bring into the locker-room as a leader. Very fluid athlete, ability to draw second chances, young player still developing

Neat for Gute to have family around during draft

Love has a lot to learn about playing QB in the NFL, we think he can be a difference maker in the future, these things take time at this position

Matt "understood where we were moving too", not something we anticipated love just fell to us

Comfortable with the draft process during Covid

Thought about trading back during mid-20's with the way the board fell, we did NOT(?) have a lot of great options there.

The "buzz" around moving up for players is about due diligence. Thought he would stick around spot #30.

Moving up to spot 23 (New England) not trying to move up, felt was going to stick to the board at the time. Made calls to almost every team seeing options.

Gute likes to see players live, saw Love vs. LSU, and at Senior Bowl.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Apr 2020 22:28
I'm only missing Lupe's opinion.
Internet was out here in Afghanistan. Missed the whole draft. Finally came back up just now. I would say Im speechless but that has been overshadowed by rage. I posted my opinion in a separate thread. There hasnt been a worse move since Bustin Harrell.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:23
TheGreenMan wrote:
Internet was out here in Afghanistan. Missed the whole draft. Finally came back up just now. I would say Im speechless but that has been overshadowed by rage. I posted my opinion in a separate thread. There hasnt been a worse move since Bustin Harrell.
Hope you're staying safe over there.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
Of my 3 deployments this has by far been the worse. The COVID crap has us not knowing when were leaving. Everything has been made harder, lines are crazy just to get food, and now this. But yes its safe all the same. Its not like Im a grunt or something.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:28
TheGreenMan wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Of my 3 deployments this has by far been the worse. The COVID crap has us not knowing when were leaving. Everything has been made harder, lines are crazy just to get food, and now this. But yes its safe all the same. Its not like Im a grunt or something.
DIdnt realize your situation. Thank you for your service Lupe, as well as your funny post on the other thread that i totally agree with. Its one thing for Gute to let the fans down, but a veteran in Afganistan? Disgraceful.
Last edited by Drj820 on 24 Apr 2020 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Love Press Conference: (I missed the beginning)

Will take time and learn

Difference between 2018 & 2019. Trying to make plays, forcing plays into tight windows, not taking check downs

Have to learn everything, playbook, system, coverages, mechanics of QB

Feels he is in a really good situation, learning behind a great QB

During Covid will continue to work out, and learn the playbook. Get better each day.

Doesn't know much about Wisconsin. Ready for the snow.

Will model his game after any QB in the NFL, will take bits and pieces of everybody

Somebody told him he will wear #10, not sure if that is 100% set in stone

Thinks his #1 trait is a playmaker, what you need at the position and that is what Rodgers is now. Needs to make all the throws.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Could be wrong, but I don't think Green Bay has chosen a WR, TE, or a RB in the first round since Rodgers became starting QB.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:39
Could be wrong, but I don't think Green Bay has chosen a WR, TE, or a RB in the first round since Rodgers became starting QB.
You are correct.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:28
TheGreenMan wrote:

DIdnt realize your situation. Thank you for your service Lupe, as well as your funny post on the other thread that i totally agree with. Its one thing for Gute to let the fans down, but a veteran in Afganistan? Disgraceful.
Say what you will about TT, but he supported the troops. Gave me my favorite player in the draft, Cobb, when I was in Afghanistan. I'm not switching places with you, though, to get us a good second round pick. Sorry.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:40
TheGreenMan wrote:
You are correct.
Relying a little bit too much on Rodgers for the offense me thinks. It's becoming more and more apparent as we enter the twilight of his career. It's unfortunate we couldn't get the defense straightened out earlier, because I think we could have had a lot of special runs with what Rodgers was doing with what we had.

He still plays at a high level a times, but the man really does need some help to get us over the top. It's just now we're at a point where not only do we need the defense to be good, but the offense around #12 needs to be taken a step up too.

He isn't "Godgers" anymore, but you know... maybe he could be if we get the guys on O.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:48
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:40
TheGreenMan wrote:
You are correct.
Relying a little bit too much on Rodgers for the offense me thinks. It's becoming more and more apparent as we enter the twilight of his career. It's unfortunate we couldn't get the defense straightened out earlier, because I think we could have had a lot of special runs with what Rodgers was doing with what we had.

He still plays at a high level a times, but the man really does need some help to get us over the top. It's just now we're at a point where not only do we need the defense to be good, but the offense around #12 needs to be taken a step up too.

He isn't "Godgers" anymore, but you know... maybe he could be if we get the guys on O.
It really is weird how the Packers approached Rodgers. I mean when the Colts had Manning towards the end of his career and even the Broncos they just kept feeding the offense with talent. Even the Patriots with Brady they didnt do the best but they tried with early picks going into TE, WR, and RBs. It amazes me the way this team ignores the offensive side of the ball, Rodgers struggles and everyone does the pikachu face meme when the offense struggles especially against good defenses.