Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

LaFleur said they knew they had to stop the run and that is what we got... :shock: Yikes!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rodgers again saying they didn't play with energy. Why the hell is that always the excuse when we lose? Prepare and play every game like its the Super Bowl. If you don't, get the hell off the field and let someone on who cares.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

And why the hell wasn't Billy Winn active for this game? Oh, that's right, Pettine only likes Kenny Clark, the rest are DBs.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:46
Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:45
NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:41

Look, our defense is a big problem, but to me, in a shootout, another big problem is an offense that cannot take advantage of clear weaknesses on the opposing defense because of the weather conditions.
Then why couldn't we run like they did?
Are you serious? Because the Vikings have half of a respectful defense. How many $%@# tackles did Kendricks have?
The Vikes do not have a great defense. Believe it or not ours is statistically better. We should have been able to run on these guys and with all of their secondary issues we should have been able to pass better than we did too.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

If our def gave up the 2nd TD quicker in the first half, I think our Off with 2 minutes gets points and it's a different game.

It interesting that our def is so bad we have to really consider clock management to the point where it could be better to let another team score.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:15
If our def gave up the 2nd TD quicker in the first half, I think our Off with 2 minutes gets points and it's a different game.

It interesting that our def is so bad we have to really consider clock management to the point where it could be better to let another team score.
Offensively and defensively this team plays better with a lead. It makes 0 sense to allow a team to ever score unless youre down in the 4th quarter with the clock in position to already run down.

In no other situation should you ever just allow a team to score. Come on people youre smarter than that.
Last edited by lupedafiasco on 01 Nov 2020 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

At least the Rams lost.

Gosh I hate this Packers team after today. What a bunch of losers.

They just didn't care.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:23
At least the Rams lost.

Gosh I hate this Packers team after today. What a bunch of losers.

They just didn't care.
Theres only so much you can do. Sometimes you just arent good enough.

The defensive line gets no penetration. They dont disrupt, they dont get off blocks, and they dont force double teams outside of Clark and he didnt look good today either. The OLBs havent been good enough. Theyre about the same as the DL. No penetration and a lot of the times they dont set the edge well. I think this game they played the edge but they couldnt get off their blocks. They got outmuscled in this one. The ILBs and S didnt do well to get horizontal and fill. Barnes was really bad today. I mean really bad. He made some plays but more often than not he was late to fill. Martin made more plays but like Barnes sometimes he needed to be ready to fill the hole and was late. All the S did poor at that. Savage is really bad in run defense because his lack of size and unwillingness to be physical. His tackling is atrocious. Amos was the best player run defense but he still struggled at times as well.

The run defense as a whole is bad because theyre all inconsistent getting off blocks and tackling. One guy plays well on a play and the rest of the defense sucks. Then the next play its someone else and the rest suck and the cycle continues all game. Nothing has changed. And Im not even talking last year to this year. It has been like this for years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I get the team is built to play with the lead but Ive never understood that concept. Every game starts 0-0. You need to build a lead to be able to play from ahead. When this team gets up it puts pressure on offenses to need to pass. If offenses can run the ball this defense struggles mightily and relies on turnovers and penalties.

The offense needs to be up to run the ball and play action. If theyre down they dont have the horses to come back. Its Adams and a bunch of over achievers and in most cases under achievers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our defensive issues are not due to lack of talent.

It's because the talent is doing jack sh*t this year and our coordinator plays scared on the back end.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

This team is not mentally or physically tough. When the Packers let the other team dictate the flow of the game we struggle mightily to keep up. The Packers are front-runners. The team lacks leadership from both players and coaches. It's so hard to watch Rodgers when the team is behind. His body language really doesn't exude leadership.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:33

It's because the talent is doing jack sh*t this year and our coordinator plays scared on the back end.
This year?

They were 26th yard per game/ 27th yards per attempt last year. We had a weakness and did nothing to address it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

DK Metcalf > Rashan Gary

:idn:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:55
go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:33

This year?

They were 26th yard per game/ 27th yards per attempt last year. We had a weakness and did nothing to address it.
Bingo, by what magic did we think we would be better?

I don’t see it when we talk about all the talent we have on D. Yes we have a good secondary when healthy, good pass rushers when we can force you to throw, a good NT, but our ILBs is probably the worst group in the league and our DE and LE play is some of the softest in the league among good teams.

(I’m not counting the chicken of kamal Martin before it hatches like I did with Savage)

It is true Pettine is frustrating, and I blame him for the entire defenses production...bc he told us point blank that Gutey asked him who he wanted and he was the one who told him what he needed to make it work. So it was him that didn’t request a stud ILB, it was him that hated Martinez, it was him that wanted Preston and Z and thought OLB play would take us to the next level. It was him that thought one Zadarius and a Fackrell wouldn’t be enough, even though that would have left lots of money for a stud RE or ILB.

So I blame Pettine for the end result, but it’s not surprising to me we can’t stop the run. We don’t possess the personnel to do it.
Last edited by Drj820 on 01 Nov 2020 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:04
Rodgers again saying they didn't play with energy. Why the hell is that always the excuse when we lose?
Because it sounds less pathetic than the truth: "They were the better team".

The offense looks fine to me, but the defense looks not one bit better than what Dom gave us back in the old days. Pettine just arrives on different ways to mediocrity. Since we cannot change DC's within the season, we need to trade for something to use the time frame where #12 plays one of his best football. I really believe this loss could be a blessing in disguise for it made sure MLF and Gute know now that this very team won't win it all come Playoffs. So it's either wait-and-see-and-pray or action. Personally I'd try to go for it if there was a defensive difference maker out there.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 01 Nov 2020 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I may be in the minority, but this actually makes me more confident for Thursday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Let’s go Saints

(Excuse me while I go puke)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pettine probably be all like... well, at least we didn't give up too many pass plays! :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 17:12
Let’s go Saints

(Excuse me while I go puke)
Yeah, my hatred and fear of them making me root for the bears, who I just don’t respect or fear

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Dalvin Cook was contacted at or behind the line of scrimmage 12 times today.

When Cook was hit at or behind the line of scrimmage, Dalvin Cook had 52 yards which is 4.3 yards per carry.
Yoop wrote: