Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

TheSkeptic wrote:
06 Sep 2021 09:31
I wish it were not so, but I have a bad feeling about this game. Saints 31, Packers 10.

Packers are going to regret not giving Jenkins any snaps at LT and Turner/Kelly any snaps at RT and Meyers a chance to work with his starting tackles. It would have been good for Meyers to snap a quarter with Rodgers also.
I guess I underestimated...

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I didn't get the game here, so listened to the radio broadcast. Sure seemed like the OL struggled... but Rodgers said he thought they did well. Said he didn't feel panicked in the pocket. He did a lot of those 3rd down "chuck it to MVS plays" today. Don't think he hit any though. Did bring back memories of 2018. I thought that was why he wanted Cobb back... to help on 3rd downs.

How did the rookie OLinemen play? I thought for sure they would keep Jenkins inside with Patrick to help Myers and use Turner/Kelly for the OT's. If for no other reason but experience. Always thought it was better to replace one position instead of 2 or 3.

I'm blaming the "man bun"!

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Rodgers looked a lot like Fare did in his final game as a Packer.

Really didn't appear to want to be there, barely interacted with anybody but a few vets.

The team wasn't the slightest bit fired up to play... the very first game.

Things better right in a hurry, because the Jordan Love clock is now officially ticking. What happens if/when they are eliminated from the playoffs? You can't cut an injured player. 2-3 more losses in a row and whispers will turn into roars. Could an 0-4 or 0-5 start prompt an in-season trade?

They made is seem like things were all good, water under the bridge, throughout camp, but doesn't appear to be the case at all, Rodgers may have physically showed up, but he isn't there mentally.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:12
I didn't get the game here, so listened to the radio broadcast. Sure seemed like the OL struggled... but Rodgers said he thought they did well. Said he didn't feel panicked in the pocket. He did a lot of those 3rd down "chuck it to MVS plays" today. Don't think he hit any though. Did bring back memories of 2018. I thought that was why he wanted Cobb back... to help on 3rd downs.

How did the rookie OLinemen play? I thought for sure they would keep Jenkins inside with Patrick to help Myers and use Turner/Kelly for the OT's. If for no other reason but experience. Always thought it was better to replace one position instead of 2 or 3.

I think the Oline struggled but I wouldn't put it putrid. They could have done things.

Honestly I was just surprised by the play calling. It literally looked like a 2018 offense with 5 WR shotgun go deep. I mean Lazard and MVS were like 3 yards within each other 25 yards down the field.

I mean wtf?

AJ Dillon did get going but then they pulled the AJ Dillon plug too earl (as usual)

I think the offense would have gotten things going better if we didn't see the the Saints convert on 4th down and that INT just ended it. If the Packers would have gotten a shot and actually gotten back to the game plan, I think they could have won this game.

The one thing we seem to see is this MLF Packers team falls off the rails when they get down by 14 or more points.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

dsr wrote:
12 Sep 2021 18:49
OK, I was only watchng RedZone so I didn't get anything like a full picture. But what I did see was plenty of things going wrong, and I also saw a lot of players standing around after the play (and occasionally during it) looking at each other and wondering what went wrong, and what I didn't see was any team leaders getting in the faces of the incompetent and uninterested and telling them loudly and clearly what they were not doing.

I do wonder, if the supposed team leader spends the off season dissing the whole organisation, does that have a significant negative effect on team spirit? And if so, can it be put right? The Lions match will tell us a lot. If things are no better, then the season may be done.

And how does this affect Rodgers' trade value?
A conditional 6th seems about right if the Lions match is no better.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:17
packman114 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:12

I think the Oline struggled but I wouldn't put it putrid. They could have done things.

Honestly I was just surprised by the play calling. It literally looked like a 2018 offense with 5 WR shotgun go deep. I mean Lazard and MVS were like 3 yards within each other 25 yards down the field.

I mean wtf?

AJ Dillon did get going but then they pulled the AJ Dillon plug too earl (as usual)

I think the offense would have gotten things going better if we didn't see the the Saints convert on 4th down and that INT just ended it. If the Packers would have gotten a shot and actually gotten back to the game plan, I think they could have won this game.

The one thing we seem to see is this MLF Packers team falls off the rails when they get down by 14 or more points.
Exactly on pulled the Dillon plug too early. We drafted the guy in the second round, he’s a bruiser. He’s a punisher...and we don’t have the patience to build up the carries to deliver punishment to defenses over time. Running the ball was completely appropriate all the way up until Rodgers threw the sky ball INT
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

No SB this season. Best case: like last season.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

This team should never defer.
Kevin King should not be here.
Def game plan was broken
Off game plan was broken
Rodgers and all starters need preseason - especially if it is a new group like this oline is
Oline doesnt look good
WRs are what they are - Davante Adams and then whatever else.
It is a worry that we went straight from a Bucs gameplan than basically a copycat def by saints today - this aggressive man cover works fantastic against a bad line and somewhat poor receivers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I already want Funchess back.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am not going to make determinations about the rest of the season based off of one bad game. The team was not prepared to play football today, plain and simple. We shall see if that is the case next Monday.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

What is really frustrating to me is that despite the resources poured into the defense they still have the same glaring holes we have seen for close to a decade. Why is Dean Lowry still starting? This guy is just space that is easily moved. We knew we didnt have talented LB. So our answer was 2 time castoff Devondre Campbell and the same bums who struggled last year? Are you &%$@ me? And then you bring back the soul reason we lost in the NFCC in King and expect there to be any type of accountability just for him to suck again?

How am I supposed to believe in this front office? This is same old Pack. Have hole. Dont fix hole. Hope for best. Its &%$@.

And for those who blamed Capers and Pettine are we going to blame Barry now? This is 3 straight DCs. When are we going to stop blaming the scheme and start pointing at the bull &%$@ talent we put on the field.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
12 Sep 2021 20:52
I already want Funchess back.
this tbh

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Way things are going in LA, we'll be atop the division after tonight.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Waldo wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:14

Really didn't appear to want to be there, barely interacted with anybody but a few vets.

Things better right in a hurry, because the Jordan Love clock is now officially ticking. What happens if/when they are eliminated from the playoffs? You can't cut an injured player. 2-3 more losses in a row and whispers will turn into roars. Could an 0-4 or 0-5 start prompt an in-season trade?

They made is seem like things were all good, water under the bridge, throughout camp, but doesn't appear to be the case at all, Rodgers may have physically showed up, but he isn't there mentally.
Rodgers and others again admitted they weren't up for this game. They thought they were hot &%$@ and would walk all over them. This has been a trend with this team.

Luckily it has been a trend to overcome that as well. Hope that's the case. Because they played like it was the 4th preseason game.

Nothing good to say. Nothing worth analyzing. If I paid money to go see this game I would be pissed.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

1st place in the division!

Not a bad start to the season to be leading the division after week 1.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

texas wrote:
12 Sep 2021 23:02
1st place in the division!

Not a bad start to the season to be leading the division after week 1.
If it went to tiebreakers, the Packers would be 4th. Net Points.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 20:56
The team was not prepared to play football today, plain and simple.
If you are a serious contender you ARE prepared to play football when the season starts.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
12 Sep 2021 22:17
Waldo wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:14

Rodgers and others again admitted they weren't up for this game. They thought they were hot &%$@ and would walk all over them. This has been a trend with this team.

Luckily it has been a trend to overcome that as well. Hope that's the case. Because they played like it was the 4th preseason game.

Nothing good to say. Nothing worth analyzing. If I paid money to go see this game I would be pissed.
Yup. It was so bad from top to bottom. I really think it was so bad that nobody should be paid for this game.

The entire time, I was wondering what MLF was doing. What message was he giving to the team as their posteriors were being waxed.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Somebody ought to start a new thread: What should the Packers do now:

I will start.

#1 Bench King. Start Stokes

#2 Tell AR to run the called play or take a seat. No more heaving downfield to MVS and missing. No more turning down receivers who have half a step and running around hoping that someone gets 2 steps. He has tall receivers with long arms, half a step is enough. 8 yards on 1st down is enough. 4 yards on 3rd and 3 is enough.

#3 Bench Turner and Patrick. Start Kelly and Runyan. It may not be an improvement but at least it sends a message.

#4 Start Clark, Slaton and Helfin on Dline. Again this may not be an improvement but at least you know that all 3 are going to give 100% and be ready. Somebody besides Helfin should have been watching in street clothes.

#5 Give Dillon more touches.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Sep 2021 03:07

#3 Bench Turner and Patrick. Start Kelly and Runyan. It may not be an improvement but at least it sends a message.
Yes! Yes! Let the hate consume you!
Cancelled by the forum elites.