Round 1 (26) - Jordan Love, QB Utah State

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 03:47
BF004 wrote:
01 May 2021 21:59
Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 21:06
Love would have run it in the end zone on 3rd and 8 in the NFCCG. Just sayin.
Agree on that play. Also think he never would have gotten us to that game. :lol:
Maybe not. But we would be looking forward to Love's second year and expecting a SB run now, instead of wondering what the hell is going on.

If the Packer coaching staff did not think that Love was for real, they would not be playing hardball with AR.
Edited out the comment about wishing AR tore his ACL instead of Bak. Such a dumb statement.

Some Packers fans are so fcked ... No competitive nature. deserve a losing team.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bud fox wrote:
02 May 2021 03:53
TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 03:47
BF004 wrote:
01 May 2021 21:59

Agree on that play. Also think he never would have gotten us to that game. :lol:
Maybe not. But we would be looking forward to Love's second year and expecting a SB run now, instead of wondering what the hell is going on.

If the Packer coaching staff did not think that Love was for real, they would not be playing hardball with AR.
Edited out the comment about wishing AR tore his ACL instead of Bak. Such a dumb statement.

Some Packers fans are so fcked ... No competitive nature. deserve a losing team.
OK, I will put it back. If AR had torn his ACL rather than Bak, how could the end result have been worse? Our MVP qb played like crap. Admit it. He wasn't the only one, but he played like crap. I agree with you though, some Packer fans are so fcked and deserve to be the modern day Buffalo fans.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 May 2020 11:03
British wrote:
07 May 2020 10:37
Seems clear to me they really wanted Love. If they didn't they could have waited for him. The fact they went up to get him is pretty clear evidence of that. And one of the only concrete data points we have. That, plus the smile on LaFleur's face when the pick was made
And like, that's fair and all. But I think you still move up if you have 2 guys left and you're 4 picks away. And yeah, they wanted Love because they had him ranked much higher than other people on their board. But I don't think we can have any evidence without years-later, inside information coming out, of what "the plan" was. I think they genuinely planned on taking a WR at 30 but the board didn't fall right. We have solid evidence that they tried to move up for a WR at least once, if not twice in the draft. Gutey has said there was an "early run" that changed the dynamic of their board.

I think Love was a kid they loved, but they didn't expect him to be there AND they did expect a need position--namely a WR that could start early in his career--to be there. The board fell in an almost worst-case scenario for us. I said as much as it was happening.

Just a reminder that MLF specifically said that he wanted Love. As a HC, he had the hots for this kid who has so much ability. It wasn’t just a Guty call. Our HC actually confessed that he made a case to the GM to draft this guy. A year later, I don’t know how many people feel that this matters. But it does.

Guty talks about “roster building 365 days a year” and many people concur. But if your starting QB doesn’t want a potential starter drafted for QB2, then we suddenly don’t agree with that and get in a war with the GM. What sense does that make?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Scott4Pack wrote:
02 May 2021 05:15
YoHoChecko wrote:
07 May 2020 11:03
British wrote:
07 May 2020 10:37
Seems clear to me they really wanted Love. If they didn't they could have waited for him. The fact they went up to get him is pretty clear evidence of that. And one of the only concrete data points we have. That, plus the smile on LaFleur's face when the pick was made
And like, that's fair and all. But I think you still move up if you have 2 guys left and you're 4 picks away. And yeah, they wanted Love because they had him ranked much higher than other people on their board. But I don't think we can have any evidence without years-later, inside information coming out, of what "the plan" was. I think they genuinely planned on taking a WR at 30 but the board didn't fall right. We have solid evidence that they tried to move up for a WR at least once, if not twice in the draft. Gutey has said there was an "early run" that changed the dynamic of their board.

I think Love was a kid they loved, but they didn't expect him to be there AND they did expect a need position--namely a WR that could start early in his career--to be there. The board fell in an almost worst-case scenario for us. I said as much as it was happening.

Just a reminder that MLF specifically said that he wanted Love. As a HC, he had the hots for this kid who has so much ability. It wasn’t just a Guty call. Our HC actually confessed that he made a case to the GM to draft this guy. A year later, I don’t know how many people feel that this matters. But it does.

Guty talks about “roster building 365 days a year” and many people concur. But if your starting QB doesn’t want a potential starter drafted for QB2, then we suddenly don’t agree with that and get in a war with the GM. What sense does that make?
We went through this all with Favre years ago. The GM and HC were right then and they are right now.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Post-nap thought of the day: Love must've shown something in practice to make AR this nervous. Why would the MVP worry about his job security if Love had been hot garbage with no chance of supplanting him? Weird thing, since Love must've had pretty limited reps as QB3.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:24
You just never know how Jordan Love will work out until the story plays out .............. I try to forget Rich Campbell (a first round QB Packers draft pick) but I can't seem to forget.
A year later its still the same ........... have to wait until the story plays out.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Apr 2020 20:09
texas wrote:
23 Apr 2020 22:42
I like the pick. Needed an ILB more, clearly, but Rodgers hasn't been good and if we want to win, he needs to play better than he has, especially in the playoffs against tough defenses.

This either lights a fire under him (which is needed), or it doesn't and then we move on. Time to &%$@ or get off the pot.
Hey Texas .............have you bought your Jordan Love jersey yet?

Hey everyone .............have you bought your Jordan Love jersey yet? There are a few on this board that aren't ready to go there yet. What does Yooper have to say ............. ready to go out stylin' wearing your new Jordan Love jersey?

:aok:

p.s. In case you're wondering I have never owned an Aaron Rodgers jersey.
:rimshot:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 May 2021 08:40
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Apr 2020 20:09
texas wrote:
23 Apr 2020 22:42
I like the pick. Needed an ILB more, clearly, but Rodgers hasn't been good and if we want to win, he needs to play better than he has, especially in the playoffs against tough defenses.

This either lights a fire under him (which is needed), or it doesn't and then we move on. Time to &%$@ or get off the pot.
Hey Texas .............have you bought your Jordan Love jersey yet?

Hey everyone .............have you bought your Jordan Love jersey yet? There are a few on this board that aren't ready to go there yet. What does Yooper have to say ............. ready to go out stylin' wearing your new Jordan Love jersey?

:aok:

p.s. In case you're wondering I have never owned an Aaron Rodgers jersey.
:rimshot:
So I actually don't have a Nike Jersey. All of my jerseys are from the Reebok era. I think Jordan Love will be the first Nike jersey I get. I could see myself getting one this summer.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

There are already two threads to discuss AR potentially leaving. If you discuss it in this thread that's about Jordan Love, do make sure it's from an angle focusing on Love.

I'll merge some posts from here to the main "Rodgers wants out" -thread.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
02 May 2021 10:39
There are already two threads to discuss AR potentially leaving. If you discuss it in this thread that's about Jordan Love, do make sure it's from an angle focusing on Love.

I'll merge some posts from here to the main "Rodgers wants out" -thread.
thanks, and I apologize if one of em was mine. :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jun 2021 16:08
+2

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Kind of a slightly different perspective on 2019 that I hadn't really heard before.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
22 Jun 2021 18:01
Kind of a slightly different perspective on 2019 that I hadn't really heard before.
What did you consider different? I felt like it had some more specifics, but mostly fell under the same umbrella as what I’ve heard before

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Jun 2021 23:46
NCF wrote:
22 Jun 2021 18:01
What did you consider different? I felt like it had some more specifics, but mostly fell under the same umbrella as what I’ve heard before
The positive spin on the 2019 tape. The even keel demeanor and calmness. The belief in his guys to make a play. Some of that stuff.

Read More. Post Less.