Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Criticuria
Reactions:

Post by Criticuria »

Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Apr 2020 04:57
Gonna put myself in Guty’s and MLF’s shoes.

Round 1: This is obviously where you want a guy who can make significant impact to your team. That can be immediately, or in cases where an elite player is in the position, take a guy with all the potential in the world. He will get his opportunities. This week, I wanted a premier ILB or a special WR in round 1. But a guy that I really feel could be our next elite QB was on the board and ready for the taking. Yeah, he probably won’t play this year. But I won’t get this opportunity to draft our next QB as long as we get deep into the playoffs. We have him rated as somewhat raw, but he has all of the natural tools and he can throw every route. Did I just say he can throw every route? To all parts of the field? Do people realize how FEW of the QBs can do that? OK, he is the guy. He has the talent level. He’s the pick. Done. Feel good about it too.

Round 2: The defensive guys we considered aren’t there at this point. But there are a couple of offensive pieces that’ll actually diversify our team. This RB looks like he can move tacklers. I’d love to see him take some swing passes in open field too. He adds to a position group that’ll change next year and he will make it more diverse this year too. He isn’t highly rated by some. But he can add to the offense now and he solidifies the group for 2021. Done.

Round 3: Just about the same as round 2. A solid, not spectacular TE would help us a great deal. He fits what MLF wants to do in his scheme. How is it we’re finding these two guys who fit what the HC wants to do so well? This must be my lucky day. Yeah, he’ll rotate with the TEs. But he can already do more than Tonyan. And as an H-back, he’ll probably get more snaps than one of the other TEs. He has good value. Done.

See, in Guty’s shoes, this has been a good draft. They have a plan. And players are there that fit what they want to do. This is not as spectacular as many want. But it’s truly checking off the right boxes. Good job, Guty. I wouldn’t have made the picks that you did. But I can appreciate what you’re doing and I’m willing to see how well it works by December and January.
:aok:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:33
Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:31
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:30
This guy upgrades Jamaal Williams, not replaces Aaron Jones. But I like it fine. Would have loved to have the Ravens' deal to move back with the Pats.
So we’re looking for a Williams replacement and jones compliment in round 2? Yikes
We have no power back. Now we have a power back. The guy is 247 pounds! He's ultra productive. You'll like him.
I absolutely love this pick! Transitioning away from spread the field and hope your soon to be 37 prima-Donna QB makes a play. To more power football! Got an excellent H back, now a power back!

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 01:03
It's surreal we've spent three picks on O, and yet feel like we haven't gotten much better on O for this season... :messedup:
The way I look at this is, if your team is so talent poor that not 1, 2 but 3 draft picks must play? You have a horrible team to start with.
I personally hate rookies starting “almost”everywhere!
And coming off a 13-3 season does it make sense that really no rookie should be a starter?