Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

Post by NCF »

As Aaron Nagler would say, there's a lot of ballgame left.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hmmm...

3rd-round, 3rd-round, 7th-round, 2nd-round, 2nd-round, 2nd-round

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

From the other thread. LOTTA BALLGAME LEFT!

My targets for today, long list...

2nd round
RB - Taylor, Swift (no, not the singer)
WR - Mims, Pittman
OL - Jones, Cleveland, Hennessy (maybe 3rd)
DL - Madubuike, Blacklock, Gallimore
Edge - Gross-Matos, Weaver
LB - Baun, Harrison, Davis-Gaither, Gay
CB - Diggs, Johnson, Fulton
S - McKinney, Delpit, Winfield, Chinn, Davis

3rd round
RB - Dobbins (maybe 2nd too)
WR - Shenault, Peoples-Jones, Gibson, Blaypool
OT - Peart, Driscoll (prefer day 3)
DL - Hamilton, Elliott
Edge - Uche
CB - Pride, Ojemudia
S - Wallace
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm thinking we use our 2nd on a need... CB, WR, OL and then trade out of the 3rd to re-coup the 4th we traded away yesterday. I think many that made Big Boards agreed the end of the 3rd was kind of a dead zone.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We need to bat a 1.000 today. And we historically suck in the 3rd round.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

***NOTE***

Many of you noted an annoying board feature that displayed warnings for you to review your post if someone else had posted first since you hit the reply button (and it was truly annoying). That feature has now been disabled.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 08:28
***NOTE***

Many of you noted an annoying board feature that displayed warnings for you to review your post if someone else had posted first since you hit the reply button (and it was truly annoying). That feature has now been disabled.
THANK YOU!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Found out this morning I have a way to get in contact with Albert Okwuegbunam (at least for an autograph). I have him as a possible day 3 target.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
***NOTE***

thanks, It got to the point I just quit posting, then we made our pick, and ya'll where blessed because of it :lol:

I'am getting my morning requirement of java now and ready for the next 2 rounds, just trying to accept that Guty is a Ted clone and will screw up most of his first round picks, forever, gotta accept that, hopefully he matches Teds prowes with the rest of the rounds, early Ted, not the guy that was forced to retire 3 years after he should have stepped down himself.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
***NOTE***

How many of you thought you were hitting "Preview" last night instead of "Submit"?
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

After yesterday, are there any takers to trade (way) up to get Mims? Oh. I didn’t think so.

;-)

So many said there were enough WRs to go deep into the 2nd or 3rd rounds. We’ll see if they really think so tonight.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Realistically how far can we move up in the second round today? When do I have to start paying attention today.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 08:49
NCF wrote:
***NOTE***

How many of you thought you were hitting "Preview" last night instead of "Submit"?
Thank you NCF!!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I'm really only focused on WRs currently.

Mims and Shenault.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We should probably trade up for a pass rusher.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Lots of options still on the board. The top of the second round is going to be tough to watch as guys we liked at 30 come off the board.

But should still be options at WR available when we pick. According to Dane Brugler's new R2&3 mock draft, WR Shenault, a guy with first round talent could be had in the 3rd.

https://theathletic.com/1770974/2020/04 ... nfl-draft/

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think guys like Shenault, Mims, Higgins will be gone.

I am guessing we will need to look at that next tier of guys like Jefferson at 62 if we want to go WR.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
24 Apr 2020 08:59
Realistically how far can we move up in the second round today? When do I have to start paying attention today.
With what capital?

We already gave up a 4th. We maybe could jump like 6 - 10 spots with a later day 3 pick or two.
Yoop wrote:

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 08:17
I'm thinking we use our 2nd on a need... CB, WR, OL and then trade out of the 3rd to re-coup the 4th we traded away yesterday. I think many that made Big Boards agreed the end of the 3rd was kind of a dead zone.
We have three 6th rounders, I think its far more likely we will trade up packaging a 5th and 6th to move up into the 4th round.

I still strongly believe there are still plenty of immediate contributors in the WR class. I'm 80% sure we will draft one with our 2nd round pick.

In the 3rd i'm secretly hoping for Ackers but it would not surprise me if its a OL, DL, ILB instead.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
***NOTE***

Thank you!

That was really pissing me off when I was already pissed off. :lol:
Yoop wrote: