Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Good game. Rodgers was spot on today. Hope the guys that got hurt aren't out long. And I have to admit that our defense sucked big time. But they spent so much time on the field in the first half I'm surprised the score wasn't higher.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Man the RB room is loaded. 4 guys that you feel good about toting the rock. Jamaal looks lighter and faster!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Really hope the injuries aren’t long term deals.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Really enjoyed listening to the vikings whine line on the way home from the daughters. They really thought they were going to win. :thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well that was fun! Can't ask for much more than that for the first game. Division game, on the road and we, by all accounts, spanked them!

I'm sure you guys covered just about everything, but a few points I made during the game...

Rodgers and Adams = Wow. Vintage stuff. HOF caliber stuff. Awesome to see week 1.
Jaire with 2 huge plays. Yes, the defense gave up too much, but those were killers.
Loving the Deguara pick. Dude is already coming to play big time.
John Runyan - told ya. Didn't think it would be this early, but he played very well in relief.
I want to see more AJ Dillon. But love the 4 headed attack. Sorry fantasy owners.
MVS is going be frustrating as hell this year. But he's going to give us enough. Lazard too.
Defense stepped up where they had to with stops. Just need to adjust to give up less big plays and ALL GAS NO F'IN BRAKE goes for the D too. Prevent D = Prevent a win.
Injuries were tough today. Feel horrible especially for Lane Taylor. But we really need Kenny Clark to be ok.
Krys Barnes, who woulda thunk it? Guy was solid.
Savage had a rough game.
Time of possession was a thing of beauty! When was the last time we saw something like that? Feels like forever.

Ok, more than a few. You guys miss me? :dude:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, been thinking that line has been ridiculous since it came out. What edge did Minny have over us??

This narrative that we overachieved last year and are building for the future is going to end quick.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Since 2003, the Packers are 11-7 in Minnesota.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 17:04
Man, been thinking that line has been ridiculous since it came out. What edge did Minny have over us??

This narrative that we overachieved last year and are building for the future is going to end quick.
I think that will depend on our defense because I truly thought coming in that the defense was the strength of this team. But yeah it was absolutely ridiculous when everyone "assumed" MN's defense would be stellar when they have 6 new starters.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2020 17:07
BF004 wrote:

I think that will depend on our defense because I truly thought coming in that the defense was the strength of this team. But yeah it was absolutely ridiculous when everyone "assumed" MN's defense would be stellar when they have 6 new starters.
Yeah. Watching Tampa - NO, both of those defenses are better than what we faced today.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:

I mean, we all know that a few of us on this board, including myself, have been banging this HARD since April or so

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 18:08
BF004 wrote:

I mean, we all know that a few of us on this board, including myself, have been banging this HARD since April or so
Oh I know, that’s why I picked a 14 point victory.

Short of a few fumbles, Aaron dropping ass or a SF meltdown in the run game, not sure how we could lose this.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 16:20
Man the RB room is loaded. 4 guys that you feel good about toting the rock. Jamaal looks lighter and faster!
It was discussed a few weeks back, but I think it might be the most loaded RB group I've seen on this team in a long time.

If ever.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 18:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Short of a few fumbles, Aaron dropping ass or a SF meltdown in the run game, not sure how we could lose this.
We had them at pretty much every positional group, didn't have a clue sure why the line was great.

Everyone has been running with Rodgers a year older and no additional help at WR. Even if you want to use that.... They didn't have us at any position. Maybe starting RB, that's it.
RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

The vikings are still the vikings have not made the playoffs 2 years in a row since Childress.They suck every other year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:07
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

We had them at pretty much every positional group, didn't have a clue sure why the line was great.

Everyone has been running with Rodgers a year older and no additional help at WR. Even if you want to use that.... They didn't have us at any position. Maybe starting RB, that's it.
people that took this team to be worse this season over last, do so to gain the "I told you so advantage" to me last year was just a fore telling of what this team can become, get some more cohesion on the OL and the run blocking will consistently open more gaps.

to bad we lack another 2 gaping DT, imo that was our biggest weakness on defense today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:12
TheGreenMan wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:07
BF004 wrote:

people that took this team to be worse this season over last, do so to gain the "I told you so advantage" to me last year was just a fore telling of what this team can become, get some more cohesion on the OL and the run blocking will consistently open more gaps.

to bad we lack another 2 gaping DT, imo that was our biggest weakness on defense today.
Yeah you're gonna have a hole somewhere. But I agree that we REALLY missed Kenny after he went down.

I do need to give a shout out to Lancaster though. I thought he played the run well in Clark's absence.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Surprised how generally inept the Vikings were today .............. both offense and defense.

Refreshing to see Aaron Rodgers so spot on. Gotta keep rooting for MVS. He'll get there with more experience I think. Lazard is starting to make me a believer as well. Was great the see the rookie TE contribute. And our running game was impressive ............ all the RBs seem to be in great shape and mentally into the game.

1-0 is fantastic. We'll see if our offense can keep winning games for the Packers ............ and if the defense can play well enough to keep the offense in the game.

Note how the Niners fell to the Cardinals today.

Bring on the Lions.

Still soooooooooo happy the NFL is back.

:clap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2020 16:51
Well that was fun! Can't ask for much more than that for the first game. Division game, on the road and we, by all accounts, spanked them!

I'm sure you guys covered just about everything, but a few points I made during the game...

Rodgers and Adams = Wow. Vintage stuff. HOF caliber stuff. Awesome to see week 1.
Jaire with 2 huge plays. Yes, the defense gave up too much, but those were killers.
Loving the Deguara pick. Dude is already coming to play big time.
John Runyan - told ya. Didn't think it would be this early, but he played very well in relief.
I want to see more AJ Dillon. But love the 4 headed attack. Sorry fantasy owners.
MVS is going be frustrating as hell this year. But he's going to give us enough. Lazard too.
Defense stepped up where they had to with stops. Just need to adjust to give up less big plays and ALL GAS NO F'IN BRAKE goes for the D too. Prevent D = Prevent a win.
Injuries were tough today. Feel horrible especially for Lane Taylor. But we really need Kenny Clark to be ok.
Krys Barnes, who woulda thunk it? Guy was solid.
Savage had a rough game.
Time of possession was a thing of beauty! When was the last time we saw something like that? Feels like forever.

Ok, more than a few. You guys miss me? :dude:
Welcome to the forum, stranger

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week- ... vikings-34

Solid read
Rodgers and the Packers lived and died by underneath route concepts and quick passes throughout the majority of the first half. On their first 15 plays of the game, Rodgers dropped back to pass 10 times, generating an average depth of target of 4.4 yards and an average time to throw of 1.75 seconds. For perspective, that was over half a second quicker than any other quarterback on Sunday on those “scripted” plays.