Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jan 2023 11:43

but I don't need to look at Grades to know Lewis performed his tasks well as a blocker, but was used minimally as a receiver, or the same with Bakh except his health issue limited his over all value the same as it did for Lewis, looking at the grades are mis leading, and often are with any grades.
It’s not misleading if you read and understand what he is doing. He isn’t measuring value or production, particularly inter position. He basically says that.

He has a simple metric and clearly defines what that grade is and isn’t.

You basically described on the paragraph before what it is, so you do understand it at some level. It’s just how well did someone do what we asked them to do.

He evens lists his grades as a cumulative total and per snap basis. Both useful in different contexts.

Take that information and use it however you will. There is no reason to rag on Andy or insult people wanting to have an active discussion on this.

If you(not just you) can develop what you think is a better grading system, by all means. Id love to see it.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

The grades are silly but no point arguing over it.

It's like a fun game/past time for a blogger.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 13:05
Pugger wrote:
21 Jan 2023 12:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:45
Here's the link ti the grades: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 203064805/
Interesting read. But giving Love that high a grade for only one start?
.55 is not even close to that high of a grade...
My bad. :oops:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2023 09:35
Could open a door for Jim Leonhard perhaps, get him on staff before he’s gone.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 18:09
BF004 wrote:
Leo hard isn’t going to be anything but a DC.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Not to be rude, but this is a very delusional proposition
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Jan 2023 18:15
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Sounds like Vikings fans are intrigued it seems the last day or two now.

But before that, haven’t seen his name come up anywhere, college or pros.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 20:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Maybe you overrate him due to where you live?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 21:13
BF004 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 20:14
lupedafiasco wrote:

Maybe you overrate him due to where you live?
I have seen reports that Alabama is interested in Leonard.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jan 2023 14:49
Yoop wrote:

but I don't need to look at Grades to know Lewis performed his tasks well as a blocker, but was used minimally as a receiver, or the same with Bakh except his health issue limited his over all value the same as it did for Lewis, looking at the grades are mis leading, and often are with any grades.
It’s not misleading if you read and understand what he is doing. He isn’t measuring value or production, particularly inter position. He basically says that.

You basically described on the paragraph before what it is, so you do understand it at some level. It’s just how well did someone do what we asked them to do.

He evens lists his grades as a cumulative total and per snap basis. Both useful in different contexts.

Take that information and use it however you will. There is no reason to rag on Andy or insult people wanting to have an active discussion on this.

If you(not just you) can develop what you think is a better grading system, by all means. Id love to see it.
I've watched Herman give Rodgers negative plays for years now, blame him for not throwing to open receivers, when in fact Rodgers is set and ready to throw, a rusher comes free at the last second and sacks him, whats Herman say, he should have avoided that rusher, it's so pin headed stupid, no QB would have been able to do it, Herman's zero point grade scoring system has never applied to Rodgers imo, short of perfection and Herman gives him a negative grade, says he accounts for pressure, WR screw ups, but he actually doesn't, instead Rodgers had this astronomical -20 plus negative grade, it's crap.

did you even look at some of his grades? Quay Walker is ranked as one of the most productive rookies, Andy gives him a -350 grade, nah, sorry, but Andy's grades don't even come close to what I see during games, and I don't need all 22 to know that much.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote: Andy's grades don't even come close to what I see during games, and I don't need all 22 to know that much.
I continue to be amazed by your ability to watch every player on every snap of every game from a single network television broadcast and come away with more accurate grades than a guy who dedicates hours every week watching hours of All-22 footage of each individual player on each individual play.

You’re a god, Yoop. :pray: :hail:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2023 07:01
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I've watched Herman give Rodgers negative plays for years now, blame him for not throwing to open receivers, when in fact Rodgers is set and ready to throw, a rusher comes free at the last second and sacks him, whats Herman say, he should have avoided that rusher, it's so pin headed stupid, no QB would have been able to do it, Herman's zero point grade scoring system has never applied to Rodgers imo, short of perfection and Herman gives him a negative grade, says he accounts for pressure, WR screw ups, but he actually doesn't, instead Rodgers had this astronomical -20 plus negative grade, it's crap.

did you even look at some of his grades? Quay Walker is ranked as one of the most productive rookies, Andy gives him a -350 grade, nah, sorry, but Andy's grades don't even come close to what I see during games, and I don't need all 22 to know that much.
Yoop. You don't understand the report. Just chalk this up to "I don't get it" and stop commenting on it.

I posted it for those who enjoy data analysis and alternative methods of evaluation. Clearly something you do not enjoy partaking in as you consistently and constantly use wrong numbers and points to try and invalidate the grading.

For example: Rodgers was not given a -20 negative grade. He was given a +0.20 grade on the season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2023 07:55
Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2023 07:01
BF004 wrote:

Yoop. You don't understand the report. Just chalk this up to "I don't get it" and stop commenting on it.

I posted it for those who enjoy data analysis and alternative methods of evaluation. Clearly something you do not enjoy partaking in as you consistently and constantly use wrong numbers and points to try and invalidate the grading.

For example: Rodgers was not given a -20 negative grade. He was given a +0.20 grade on the season.
NO YOU posted it because like Herman ya like to rag on Rodgers, you drag his convoluted Grades here for just that purpose after every game.

I understand the grading style he uses because it's more drawn out and complicated which attracts people like you, and his grades contradict his own grades, your right it's to complicated for me.

most regressed grade= Aaron Rodgers -20.85 how does he even come up with that &%$@ without being biased,

He gives negative grades to Walker and a plus grade to Wyatt who got handled on most of his snaps, gives a poor or low grade to Reed when Reed was in my eyes our #2 DT all season, Andy Hermans grades confuse more then they enlighten

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2023 07:52
Yoop wrote: Andy's grades don't even come close to what I see during games, and I don't need all 22 to know that much.
I continue to be amazed by your ability to watch every player on every snap of every game from a single network television broadcast and come away with more accurate grades than a guy who dedicates hours every week watching hours of All-22 footage of each individual player on each individual play.

You’re a god, Yoop. :pray: :hail:
thanks, I know one thing, Walker is one of the best rookie lbers this team has drafted in your life time, and I don't care how much all 22 Herman has watched his grade for Walker is garbage, same as it was for Rodgers, same as it was for Gary and other players.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Quay Walkers absolutely deserved bad grades. He was pretty good on blitzes and in coverage. His run defense needs serious work. Tackling was poor, finding The ball carrier was poor, and I really felt he got man handled if anyone at all got their hands on him. He needs to be way more physical and get off blocks.

Still just his rookie year but I expected a lot more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:42
Quay Walkers absolutely deserved bad grades. He was pretty good on blitzes and in coverage. His run defense needs serious work. Tackling was poor, finding The ball carrier was poor, and I really felt he got man handled if anyone at all got their hands on him. He needs to be way more physical and get off blocks.

he had 120 tackles and a bunch of pds he couldn't have been as bad as you propose, 20 fronts are no friend to ILB's

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:42

When they gave Walker less assignment and responsibility, he did play better. Walker was lost when Campbell was out in the middle part of the season. He is much better when Campbell came back and they simplified his responsibilities.

Walker has the potential. But it could go either way for him for sure. I still believe in the long run Walker's tackling can be a strength. He was an absolute monster week 1. This is a big offseason for him.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:19

He gives negative grades to Walker and a plus grade to Wyatt who got handled on most of his snaps, gives a poor or low grade to Reed when Reed was in my eyes our #2 DT all season, Andy Hermans grades confuse more then they enlighten
Wyatt has been explained due to limited snaps. He had a lot of explosive plays for the limited number of snaps and that will boost his grade to the high side.

As for your rant on Walker and Reed's score, if Reed is the 2nd best DT and Walker is our best ILB and overall the Packers run defense was one of the worst run defenses in the game....how do you expect our players who's primarily responsibility is to stop the run to have strong scores?

If these players were so good...the team would be good at run defending. But they were terrible at it.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:55
Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2023 08:19

Wyatt has been explained due to limited snaps. He had a lot of explosive plays for the limited number of snaps and that will boost his grade to the high side.

As for your rant on Walker and Reed's score, if Reed is the 2nd best DT and Walker is our best ILB and overall the Packers run defense was one of the worst run defenses in the game....how do you expect our players who's primarily responsibility is to stop the run to have strong scores?

If these players were so good...the team would be good at run defending. But they were terrible at it.
believe whatever the hell you want to believe, you think you know everything, our run defense hasn't changed in years, and walker wasn't even here, Campbell and our ILB's had about 250 tackles in 2021, and probably every year prior for the last 5 years, our ILB's are not the problem for the poor run defense near as much as the 20 fronts.

Walker was in the conversation as DROY, and was far better then anyone including your lap dog Herman gave credit for

Linebacker Quay Walker
Green Bay Packers linebacker Quay Walker is an incredibly athletic linebacker who has deflected six passes in 2022. He has played in 15 games this season and has started all but one of those. As the Packers 2022 injury crisis has overwhelmed their defense, making Walker’s role has become increasingly important. He became the Packers MIKE linebacker when All-Pro De’Vondre Campbell suffered a knee injury in October. Campbell was quoted as saying “I’m proud of where he is at this point” in September before he suffered his injury.

Walker leads the team with 106 tackles, with five being for a loss as well as 1.5 sacks. In coverage, the Georgia product has given up a rating of just 60.8 and has yet to give up a receiving touchdown. Perhaps more notably, Walker’s impressive campaign has calmed fans down regarding the Packers refusal to draft a first-round receiver.

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2022/1 ... andidates/

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Herman graded Quay poorly. PFF graded him poorly at 51.9. Not sure what else needs to be argued here.

There’s tons of room for improvement. He’s lengthy and athletic and good in coverage which you don’t see much from LBs in general.

I’ll say one thing that is a definite negative knock on him is the lack of instincts. Hes got to get better at diagnosing the play which will come in time but for a 1st round LB you typically see more in that department than what we got in Quay. Ultimately this season I didn’t see much difference between him and Oren Burks. Just an athletic freak so far.