Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Rasul was my favorite player. He’s very smart and intuitive. I love the way he plays the game. So this hurts.

However, this trade has nothing to do with anything Rasul said. I agree with go pack go. Rasul was just the odd man out AND a player they could get some draft capital.

Jaire and Stokes play the outside which is Rasul’s best position. The Packers aren’t going to trade Jaire. Stokes is coming off a serious injury so no team is going to give up a 5th rd pick let alone a 3rd rounder. Also Valentine looks like a keeper.

This trade makes sense because the Packers needs are so many…this will help.

PS - I will be pissed if Buffalo switches Rasul to Safety next year and he becomes an All-Pro.
Love is the answer…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:35
Thinking that I'm in the minority here. But my guess is that Rasul created a problem in the locker room. (Feelings have nothing to do with it.) He was very vocal. There's a fine line between being outspoken and being a problem.
The only feelings he hurt were coaches and Gutenbumst. This sends a bad message to the locker room.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 19:45
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Oct 2023 19:04
Kinda resembles the Sitton situation where we don't know what went on behind the scenes
Ehh. Sitton was traded before the season started. That clearly was the team thought was a toxic situation. This is just seeking assets in a losing season IMO.
what assets would that be, we lost on this trade soooo bad, :thwap: had nothing to do with a losing season, good chance we don't replace his ability in the next couple years either, and this happened two days after he called out the leadership on this team, and was right to do so, I don't understand your agenda.

why do you think dumping the players that can still play for mid round picks will produce a winning team, just look at a average draft, not just Guty, any average draft, not some great draft, because we both know those are a anomaly, your swinging for the fences. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we got a 3rd round pick, for a very good CB, I don't see how that helps at all, people are jumping through hoops to justify this trade :thwap:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 20:20
we got a 3rd round pick, for a very good CB, I don't see how that helps at all, people are jumping through hoops to justify this trade :thwap:
Swapped an early 5th for a late 3rd. This was retaliation to get him out of the building.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
I’m probably the biggest Gutenbumst hater on this board. I would love anything more to say this is stupid and he’s a $%@# moron, because… well he’s a $%@# moron.

But this is a good deal for the team. This team is doing nothing this year. They’re so bad they won’t be doing anything next year either in terms of winning a championship. Why are you keeping a player that isn’t going to stay?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 20:27
Yoop wrote:
I’m probably the biggest Gutenbumst hater on this board. I would love anything more to say this is stupid and he’s a $%@# moron, because… well he’s a $%@# moron.

But this is a good deal for the team. This team is doing nothing this year. They’re so bad they won’t be doing anything next year either in terms of winning a championship. Why are you keeping a player that isn’t going to stay?
This is true. Would have liked to dump more but either would have been dead cap issues or no buyers.

We are clearly rebuilding.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
If he was an upcoming FA or had like a 16m salary next year. I’d be loads happier. Just think he’s a guy that would help a lot if we plan on competing in the foreseeable future. Save your laughs idiot pessimist fans, but yeah, he’s a guy I feel like we could use. Locker room and field.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

He’s only 28 and cheap, why can’t he stay?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 20:56
Yoop wrote:
If he was an upcoming FA or had like a 16m salary next year. I’d be loads happier. Just think he’s a guy that would help a lot if we plan on competing in the foreseeable future. Save your laughs idiot pessimist fans, but yeah, he’s a guy I feel like we could use. Locker room and field.
See Bf, you’re not that far from agreeing with me that this doesn’t make the most sense…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

don't have to win a SB next year, doesn't mean we can't be a competitive team by keeping guys like Douglas around, I don't understand this multi years long rebuilding plan, and dumping any vet with over several years experience, Douglas had another 4 years in him, or the length of a rookie contract, to think some 3rd round pick will out play him in 3 years, if ever is a reach for me.

I think there counting on Stokes, but he seems made of glass, Douglas may lack some of the athletic ability, but I think he makes up for it with his aggressive play style, imo we took a step back today.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:07
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
See Bf, you’re not that far from agreeing with me that this doesn’t make the most sense…
Did I disagree with you? Guess I’m not sure what your original take was, lol. Just the bakhtiari thing, which either way would/should be independent of any level of agreement.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rasul is currently 29.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

We aren't competing for a while.

I also think his leadership style could have been considered as damaging to our young soft players. It may be our players don't take well to criticism and want more hand holding.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Because P23 did not understand my nuance…I will be crystal clear for the 5th and (potentially) final time.

1) Rasul was a dog and one of my favorite packers. He was cheapish and did great for us. I hate to see him go (on a personal level)

2) rasul chirped about the offense and spoke his mind. I think this put him at the front of the line to be shipped off. I think he was not afforded the same freedom of speech as higher paid players.

3) if we are tanking, I have no problem with moving assets to acquire better picks. This is the aspect where I said it was “the correct move”

4) if we are tanking, I would have hoped rasul was one of several assets we dumped. The fact that we didn’t trade a single other asset, tells me this is not about tanking.

5) if it’s not about tanking, I do not agree with the move! Rasul was valuable and the exact type of player we need more of!

Final take: I would have been totally fine with the move if it was one of several moves that showed the org was going in a clear direction. With one pot in two fires for several years now, this org lacks a clear direction.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:10
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I also think his leadership style could have been considered as damaging to our young soft players. It may be our players don't take well to criticism and want more hand holding.
If that’s the case (and I can accept your premise), then back to my above take…there is no reason it should have been just rasul moved. Move Jones, move Yosh, move Kenny C etc

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We all understand your need for drama. No worries!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
I've heard all the reasons, none really make a lot of sense, sometimes where not meant to know the answers, Pops told me that when we brought Hadl aboard :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:08
Like I’ve said a few times, it is the correct move to accept we are done. But if rasul was moved, so should preston, Jones, Campbell, etc etc
It takes a buyer too. For all we know we shopped them but just wasn't offered anything.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:16
bud fox wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:10
Drj820 wrote:

If that’s the case (and I can accept your premise), then back to my above take…there is no reason it should have been just rasul moved. Move Jones, move Yosh, move Kenny C etc
Well Kenny is much younger at a position that ages better. Nijman can’t get on the field over Walker. Suppose Jones would fit that bill, but that would be super short sighted when trying to develop a young qb.

Guessing no buyers for Preston either for anything of notable value.