Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

BF004
Reactions:

Rasul Traded to Bills

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Tank for tua

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Tanking engaged.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d rather have kept him and extended him for that price; personally.

Bills 3rd gunna be bad.

Our 5th gunna be good.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:44

Bills 3rd gunna be bad.

Our 5th gunna be good.
I think I agree. A bit surprised by this move, but not shocked.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Only Bakh is allowed to tell the truth about the team
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Happy for him, he deserves to play for a competitive team. Sad to see him go. 'Curious to see what we got. He was probably not in the long-term plans, but we lose a good player and veteran leadership on a team that lacks both.

This is not a move you make if you see yourself being competitive, but it is probably wise to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

better sell some more pieces if we really are tanking. I think this is punishment for Sully calling out the Offense.

He said "They are not young, and if they are, they gotta grow up. It aint no such thing as being young. You had what? 5 games? Thats enough"

Lafleur only lets Bakh be honest.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:57
better sell some more pieces if we really are tanking. I think this is punishment for Sully calling out the Offense.

He said "They are not young, and if they are, they gotta grow up. It aint no such thing as being young. You had what? 5 games? Thats enough"

yup talk about leadership, I new when he said that he wasn't talking about himself as much as referring to the lack of it from the coaches and GM , and now the leaders job ya, be interesting to see if he Jobs a few more malcontents, I love to hear what Alexander thinks about this.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

A third? A third?! Those are worthless! If it was a 4th, I'd be on board.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:52
Happy for him, he deserves to play for a competitive team. Sad to see him go. He was probably not in the long-term plans, but we lose a good player and veteran leadership on a team that lacks both.

This is not a move you make if you see yourself being competitive, but it is probably wise to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline.
I came here to post these exact sentiments, almost to the word.

I am genuinely happy Rasul gets to play for a potential contender and genuinely sad he is no longer a Packer.

In case there was any lingering doubts that there is a full re-build going on in Green Bay, I think the trade of one of the top performers on defense pretty much puts them to rest.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:07
It will be a back end third if that helps

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
Happy for him, he deserves to play for a competitive team. Sad to see him go. 'Curious to see what we got. He was probably not in the long-term plans, but we lose a good player and veteran leadership on a team that lacks both.

I suppose that they can use both 3'rd's for another 2nd.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I think it is going to be interesting what Rasul has to say about the Packers. He generally doesn't hold back - we could be in for a treat over the coming days.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

bud fox wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:08
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:07
It will be a back end third if that helps
Sigh. Maybe we can "pull a Vikings" and just let other teams pick until the 4th round starts
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:

does anyone have a inkling what those long term plans are? personally I think we are in wing it mode, personally I don't think Gutekunst even has a plan, not when it came to Love anyway, he was late to redo the receiver room as well as making sure this OL wouldn't derail this season, and now it appears he's content to tank this season.

making it really hard for me to be a loyal Packer fan and supportive, I'am entering the zone of firing everyone from Murphy on down, and starting from scratch, it's been one poor decision after another imo since 2016

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:

Yes, we were already made aware of your bakhtiari opinion 2 posts earlier. In this thread about Rasul Douglas. Can you please hold back on the pet topics?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 14:44

Bills 3rd gunna be bad.

Our 5th gunna be good.
So that’s probably only gunna be an upgrade of like 40-50 spots.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:

Lafleur had nothing to do with this, he may be small in stature, but he doesn't come off as Petty, Gutekunst has that trait all wrapped up, this was all Brian Gutekunst.