Joe Barry is out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

packman114 wrote:
26 Jan 2024 14:50
Before the season began Gutey was asked about the defense and he said that he felt real good about where we were personnel rise and that expectations were high for the defense this year.

There is no way Gutey & Murphy were going to let MLF keep Barry after the season we had defensively. I'm not saying they made the decision but I definitely think MLF knew how they felt and while it was a hard decision from a personal standpoint, it was an easy decision from a coaching standpoint.
thats a pretty good point that a bad defense hurts Gutes career, and makes him look just as bad...almost...as it does Lafleur

Lombardi also has at least 2 sons that work in the NFL.

Im not saying he was right, im just saying ive followed his work for a while...and hes often right.

Who knows. Only relevance i see about the situation is who gets to decide who the new DC is? If Lafleur was forced to can Barry, this next decision may not all be Lafleurs...like i assumed it would be.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Jan 2024 14:55
packman114 wrote:
26 Jan 2024 14:50
Before the season began Gutey was asked about the defense and he said that he felt real good about where we were personnel rise and that expectations were high for the defense this year.

There is no way Gutey & Murphy were going to let MLF keep Barry after the season we had defensively. I'm not saying they made the decision but I definitely think MLF knew how they felt and while it was a hard decision from a personal standpoint, it was an easy decision from a coaching standpoint.
thats a pretty good point that a bad defense hurts Gutes career, and makes him look just as bad...almost...as it does Lafleur

Lombardi also has at least 2 sons that work in the NFL.

Im not saying he was right, im just saying ive followed his work for a while...and hes often right.

Who knows. Only relevance i see about the situation is who gets to decide who the new DC is? If Lafleur was forced to can Barry, this next decision may not all be Lafleurs...like i assumed it would be.
It should be a consensus decision between MLF and Gute and maybe a couple more. It is a lot easier to tell 1 person what he wants to hear than a group of 2 or 3 or 4.