Joe Barry is out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Joe Barry is out

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

:dude: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :stanta: :stanta: :stanta: :stanta: :stanta: :cigar: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :contract: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :toke: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:banana:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Deserved.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I didn't feel strongly that we needed to can him, but I gotta say, seeing this headline brought a smile to my face.

Despite half the league having a head start over us, there haven't been many coaches hired yet, just Mayo in NE which was a lock from the start, and Callahan in TEN, an O guy. There should be plenty of quality D-Coord candidates, and GB should be an attractive destination. :aok:

Thing is, we need to make a run 2024-26, so I'd like a guy who doesn't need to learn on the job too much.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Joe Barry's track record as DC (DVOA):
2007 Lions - 30th
2008 Lions - 31st
2015 Washington - 21st
2016 Washington - 25th
2021 Packers - 22nd
2022 Packers - 20th
2023 Packers - 27th

the best of Joe was last year with us, he declined after year 1 every where he's been a cord, we can and have to do better then what he provided.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:23
I didn't feel strongly that we needed to can him, but I gotta say, seeing this headline brought a smile to my face.

Despite half the league having a head start over us, there haven't been many coaches hired yet, just Mayo in NE which was a lock from the start, and Callahan in TEN, an O guy. There should be plenty of quality D-Coord candidates, and GB should be an attractive destination. :aok:

Thing is, we need to make a run 2024-26, so I'd like a guy who doesn't need to learn on the job too much.
spot on we need teachers not learners, players learn, coaches teach :aok:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jaire took down that Insta post very close to the time of this development. He must have heard the good news. :o
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:37
Jaire took down that Insta post very close to the time of this development. He must have heard the good news. :o
Yeah, unfortunately evidence is starting to pile up against him. There is a fine line between a good healthy swagger and being a diva. It seems to be going the wrong way. I hope I'm wrong on that one.

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

:lombardi:

Awesome, did not expect that after the D played well toward the end of the season.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:41

Awesome, did not expect that after the D played well toward the end of the season.
They played well to end last season. All the talk was it was our time to have a Top-10 defense. 27th (according to yoop's data above)? That just is not good enough and too little, too late.

I will also add that in both playoff losses to SF, you can make the argument that the defense was the best unit between O, D, and ST, but what happened in each game when SF had the ball last? They got whatever they wanted to win the game.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:37
What IG post? I didn't see it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A lot of hand ringing by Packers fans the last 24 hours over nothing.

Let time do it's thing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:41

Now we know that this group can do it. Talent is adequate and young, and expected to get better and a lot of draft capital and even ample cap space to get a starter.

Just need a guy who will not give us those lows we’ve seen far too often, more consistency.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This was the right move. From a risk standpoint, there isn't a huge drop off potential. We were around a 20th ranked defense and I would say we are that with any other bad DC.

On the high side, we could be much more. Timing is also right. Get your system in now to build for the new window.

Personally, we are seeing the exotic defenses doing better than the vanilla defenses. So I am hoping we trend in that direction. On a player side though, we will need improvement at the safety spot to allow the front 7 to eat more.

I would like to see a system that is more aggressive in the middle and for QBs to test our boundary corners.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Bad hire, good fire.

I sincerely hope that MLF and Gutey are on the same page concerning the defense going forward.

There is legitimate existing talent on defense, Gutey has 5 picks among the top 91 to work his magic, and there is $ to add at least one veteran.

Time to finally get it right on D.

Exciting times.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Always wonder on a move like this, if it really truly was simply in a vacuum. Just decided he isn't the right guy, then now starting from scratch looking for a guy.

Or if he was looking at the lot of guys available, maybe even has had some private initial conversations with potential targets to gauge mutual interest, if that played into it.

Guess is doesn't matter, just would always love to be a fly on the wall for this kind of stuff.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:13
Always wonder on a move like this, if it really truly was simply in a vacuum. Just decided he isn't the right guy, then now starting from scratch looking for a guy.

Or if he was looking at the lot of guys available, maybe even has had some private initial conversations with potential targets to gauge mutual interest, if that played into it.

Guess is doesn't matter, just would always love to be a fly on the wall for this kind of stuff.
Agreed. I'm hoping he already has a candidate or very short list of candidates in mind, much like the Bucks just pulled off with Doc Rivers yesterday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wow, like i said yesterday...I AM surprised

But im not sad about it.

Probably a great move :aok:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23