Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ok, now it might be time to panic.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2021 15:02
Ok, now it might be time to panic.
Yeah. That'll change the outlook.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

line moved to -6 from -3.5.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean, I expect more to hit the list, right? Like how can the WR1 and Defensive Coordinator get it without a dozen close contacts?

Pleased to change the narrative, though. Rodgers knows what to do without Adams. He just rarely does it because of what he can do with Adams.

Also may help test my theory that teams' injury status gets much more widely publicized once those injuries affect fantasy football. Without Adams, you're going to start to see a lot of "look at all the people they're missing" narratives popping up more nationally.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 15:10
I mean, I expect more to hit the list, right? Like how can the WR1 and Defensive Coordinator get it without a dozen close contacts?

Pleased to change the narrative, though. Rodgers knows what to do without Adams. He just rarely does it because of what he can do with Adams.
Hasn't been reported if is symptomatic or not. So may not be a close contact. In that case, he's definitely out for Thursday.

You would think if it is a close contact, there would be more. A lot more. But this is the only one reported today by the Packers. So I'm guessing it's an actual positive test (hopefully false positive).
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Vaccinated close contact isn't a thing. He tested positive. The only way off is to get 2 negative tests in like a 12 hour period, or something like that. Chances are slim.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 15:32
Vaccinated close contact isn't a thing. He tested positive. The only way off is to get 2 negative tests in like a 12 hour period, or something like that. Chances are slim.
2 negative tests, each 24 hours apart. So basically needs to test negative Tuesday and Wednesday to have a chance to play Thursday. Not likely, but make sure the private jet is ready to get him to Arizona!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What a bummer honestly.

This game is turning into a joke. Likely a top 5 NFC matchup game this season is turning into "forfeit" land.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 15:42
What a bummer honestly.

This game is turning into a joke. Likely a top 5 NFC matchup game this season is turning into "forfeit" land.
I think you are being a bit overdramatic with this, honestly. It's week 8. Would it be awesome, if each team was at full strength? Sure, but again, it's week 8.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 15:54
go pak go wrote:
What a bummer honestly.

I think you are being a bit overdramatic with this, honestly. It's week 8. Would it be awesome, if each team was at full strength? Sure, but again, it's week 8.
I don't know what week 8 has anything to do with anything.

A game week 8 has the same value as a game as week 15. In fact, most of your week 17 and 18 matchups are pretty boring as it's leader of the division vs bottom feeder of the division.

Now if compared to a postseason game, yes this game has much less significance than a postseason game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would rather beat the cards in January than now anyways. If no one else goes out on covid list then I would suit up and give it our best shot...but if during the game it appears we are simply outmanned due to being on the road, short week, missing 4 APs and a coordinator etc...

I would have no problem just going as vanilla as could be the rest of the game, taking the L, and not showing them a thing for when we see them again in January. That wouldn’t bother me one bit.

We can beat these guys at full strength. No need to empty the clip for a mid season Thursday game where we will be without heavy artillery.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 16:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
What a bummer honestly.

A game week 8 has the same value as a game as week 15. In fact, most of your week 17 and 18 matchups are pretty boring as it's leader of the division vs bottom feeder of the division.

Now if compared to a postseason game, yes this game has much less significance than a postseason game.
Meaning it's the middle of the season and anything can happen between now and January. While it holds the same value as any other week, it isn't do or die. By the end of the season there is more clarity and some more urgency.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 16:18
go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 16:00
Pckfn23 wrote:

Meaning it's the middle of the season and anything can happen between now and January. While it holds the same value as any other week, it isn't do or die. By the end of the season there is more clarity and some more urgency.
End of the season we know exactly what is on the line in the game and what is being played for.

In week 8, there are still hundreds of variables left to shake out. The cardinals are in a división race with the Rams that is so tight that in a month they may be looking at a 5 seed...not a 1 or 2.

So much is yet to happen that this is a showdown of two teams with conference title aspirations, pretty much nothing more.

Also, the loser of the game can still have conference title aspirations.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Boy, this does take a lot of the pressure off, whoever said playing with house money, I agree.

Just go in, play fast and hard, take a few gambles, maybe a fake punt, trick plays or something, get a big play or two on D, go steal a win and inside track to #1 seed.

I guess I still have a hard time imagining the Cards ending up as the #1 seed, thinking it be more likely to be us, TB or LA.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 16:36
Boy, this does take a lot of the pressure off, whoever said playing with house money, I agree.

Just go in, play fast and hard, take a few gambles, maybe a fake punt, trick plays or something, get a big play or two on D, go steal a win and inside track to #1 seed.

I guess I still have a hard time imagining the Cards ending up as the #1 seed, thinking it be more likely to be us, TB or LA.
I too have seen the cards start hot and implode too many times to not be in a “believe it when I see it” state of mind with them

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 16:06
I would rather beat the cards in January than now anyways. If no one else goes out on covid list then I would suit up and give it our best shot...but if during the game it appears we are simply outmanned due to being on the road, short week, missing 4 APs and a coordinator etc...

I would have no problem just going as vanilla as could be the rest of the game, taking the L, and not showing them a thing for when we see them again in January. That wouldn’t bother me one bit.

We can beat these guys at full strength. No need to empty the clip for a mid season Thursday game where we will be without heavy artillery.
This also is the sort of game that could be great for the younger reserve players to get experience. I remember that 2010 team having so much depth. Even if we lose, games like this can pay off in the long run, especially if the back ups get some good reps against a quality opponent.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ok, we are gonna win again.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:17
Let me just say I'm really bummed at the timing of this matchup.

This is honest to goodness a premier NFC game and to do it on a Thursday Night with the injuries we have is super disappointing. (I hate Thursday Night Football)

This deserves to be a Sunday before Thanksgiving type of game and the NFL fans get robbed of it.

Based on our current health, I do not give us much of a chance in this game. I always felt this was going to be loss regardless. Unfortunately the Cardinals have been winning way more than I expected and therefore a loss will likely be the end of #1 seed hopes unless the Rams can somehow win the division.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers win the game on Thursday night. But then again, don't be surprised if our Wild Card playoff game at Lambeau ends up being scheduled for Monday night.
:bkw:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Some chatter on MVS being elevated back to the roster with the Davante news, but I also wonder if this is the week they might re-activate Dominique Dafney. He and Deguara are seemingly very similar, but they definitely used Dafney more as a true FB earlier in the season with a lot of success. Running the ball against Arizona could be a big key to the game, so to me, it makes sense that they would favor Dafney to Deguara in many of their looks, but we'll see.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Any tweets/coverage on what Bahk is doing this week?

I mean, I remember this past summer there were several informed posters insisting the recovery time for an ACL injury wasn't what it used to be. Well here we are, 10 mo (and counting) later and he still hasn't been activated. Either this medical staff truly is cripplingly safe when it comes to medical decisions or ACL injuries actually do take upwards of 10-12 mo recovery time.