Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:28
Labrev wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:23
If this QB play is inexcusably bad then you admit that we were right to say the same about Rodgers's last year:

UH OH, LOOPAY :twisted:
Yup. After 9 games in 2022 the Packers were 3-6
After 9 games in 2023 the Packers are 3-6

I legitately can't say the offense is any worse than it was a year ago at this point before the Christian Watson phenom started. (which started week 10 in 2022)

I honestly expect the 2022 and 2023 records to be within a game of each other. My money says we end up at 7-10 this year.
Any differences at any certain position that you notice between this year and last year?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:33
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:23
If this QB play is inexcusably bad then you admit that we were right to say the same about Rodgers's last year:

UH OH, LOOPAY :twisted:

I legitately can't say the offense is any worse than it was a year ago at this point before the Christian Watson phenom started. (which started week 10 in 2022)

I honestly expect the 2022 and 2023 records to be within a game of each other. My money says we end up at 7-10 this year.
Any differences at any certain position that you notice between this year and last year?
The major difference on offense from this year to last year is Aaron Jones wasn't injured in 2022. As for players, I like the Wicks potential more than Lazard but Lazard was probably the better immediate contributor. Jayden Reed is also better than Sammy Watkins and Randall Cobb
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:49
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The major difference on offense from this year to last year is Aaron Jones wasn't injured in 2022. As for players, I like the Wicks potential more than Lazard but Lazard was probably the better immediate contributor. Jayden Reed is also better than Sammy Watkins and Randall Cobb
No differences come to mind, maybe at the QB position?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 11:50
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

You're clearly trying to do some leading question but I don't know what you're ultimately driving at.

I dont' believe there is a material difference between the QB production from this year and last year at this point of the season. Certainly not enough to swing the pendulum of having a better season outlook.

Rodgers first 9 games:
Yards 2,091
TDs 14
INTs 7
Rating by Game Avg 91

Love first 9 games:
Yards 2,009
TDs 14
INTs 10
Rating by Game Avg 83.4
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:02
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

You're clearly trying to do some leading question but I don't know what you're ultimately driving at.

I dont' believe there is a material difference between the QB production from this year and last year at this point of the season.

Rodgers first 9 games:
Yards 2,091
TDs 14
INTs 7
Rating by Game Avg 91

Love first 9 games:
Yards 2,009
TDs 14
INTs 10
Rating by Game Avg 83.4
Or the efficiency difference where Love is ahead of where Rodgers ended the season even after Watson emerged, which was the original point I was making: if you won't accept any excuses for this QB play, then you retroactively forfeit your excuses for last year's QB play and concede defeat to the critics.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think this offense on the field is significantly better than Rodgers.

Exponentially better passing options at TE and better WRs IMO. Do with that what you will.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:23
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:02
Drj820 wrote:

I dont' believe there is a material difference between the QB production from this year and last year at this point of the season.

Rodgers first 9 games:
Yards 2,091
TDs 14
INTs 7
Rating by Game Avg 91

Love first 9 games:
Yards 2,009
TDs 14
INTs 10
Rating by Game Avg 83.4
Or the efficiency difference where Love is ahead of where Rodgers ended the season even after Watson emerged, which was the original point I was making: if you won't accept any excuses for this QB play, then you retroactively forfeit your excuses for last year's QB play and concede defeat to the critics.
Jones huge drop off

OL is better this year, not much, but Rodgers made the group look better then it was last year, a blind ground hog could see that, get a haircut you long haired hippy, obviously those long locks are blocking your vision :rotf: :rotf:

the rookie and 2nd year receivers are better then anyone Rodgers had last season including Lazard, why people still look at that dude as servicable only need to look at him with a QB lesser then Rodgers this season

we need to do a better job of fixing this OL, everything starts up front, even the bad, and it radiates all through the offense, we can't run, Love hears foot steps, which hinders his development, I saw it right off, pass rush is kryptonite for a new QB, ruins more of em then anything else, it does no good to say the OL pass pro is good, as the stats proclaim, when he has almost free rushers in his face multiple times a game, easy to say he has to learn to deal with that, problem is most Puppys can't and fail, it's one of the main reasons it's best to sit a pup there first season or two, jesus this stuff I say seems to fall on deaf ears around here, u's guys are so much smarter then me :rotf:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:33

Exponentially better passing options at TE and better WRs IMO. Do with that what you will.
But Bakh played 11 games and Jenkins played 15 last season and so the Packers had a better Oline. Jones was better last year too.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:49
lupedafiasco wrote:

But Bakh played 11 games and Jenkins played 15 last season and so the Packers had a better Oline. Jones was better last year too.
The offensive line pass pro has been good enough this year. Has it been perfect? No, but pass protection has been down across the league and right now it’s a who’s who of edge players across the league.

The excuses for Love will never stop.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:51
TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

The offensive line pass pro has been good enough this year. Has it been perfect? No, but pass protection has been down across the league and right now it’s a who’s who of edge players across the league.

Love's worst games by far were Detroit and Oakland, and you can't reasonably say that the pass protection was anything other than atrocious in both games.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:57
lupedafiasco wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Love's worst games by far were Detroit and Oakland, and you can't reasonably say that the pass protection was anything other than atrocious in both games.
Pass pro was bad but Love didn’t play well either. He wasn’t hitting his targets. That’s still just 2 of this teams 6 losses. Yesterday his protection was pretty good I thought and that was the best duo they’ve faced off the edge on the year. He still threw 2 picks and barely completed over 50%.

At some point the excuses need to stop and hold Love accountable. Again Stroud is a true rookie with worse surrounding talent and is absolutely dealing. Good QBs elevate talent around him. Love is making things worse with 3 more years in the league.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Nov 2023 13:06
Acrobat wrote:
13 Nov 2023 12:57
lupedafiasco wrote:

Pass pro was bad but Love didn’t play well either. He wasn’t hitting his targets. That’s still just 2 of this teams 6 losses. Yesterday his protection was pretty good I thought and that was the best duo they’ve faced off the edge on the year. He still threw 2 picks and barely completed over 50%.

At some point the excuses need to stop and hold Love accountable. Again Stroud is a true rookie with worse surrounding talent and is absolutely dealing. Good QBs elevate talent around him. Love is making things worse with 3 more years in the league.
I'm not seeing this excuse making. I haven't seen one person here saying "Wow Love is for sure the guy. How impressive?". But there are other factors that are significantly contributing and people are calling it out. Trust me, I wish we didn't have those contributing factors because then we could truly judge Jordan Love.

CJ Stroud is a poor example too. Have you seen Tank Dell play? I'd take Dell on this team in a heartbeat.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

we are at the point in the discussion where people are going to pretend Love and Rodgers are equally as good as each other in football, then later deny they argued this.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:

Just for grins I checked our roster in 2008. I think those offensive starters Rodgers' had was much better than the ones surrounding Love today. The D back then was better too.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... roster.htm

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:20
we are at the point in the discussion where people are going to pretend Love and Rodgers are equally as good as each other in football, then later deny they argued this.
some thought Love was better after just several games to start the season last year, even while holding a clip board :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
we are at the point in the discussion where people are going to pretend Love and Rodgers are equally as good as each other in football
I know this post is geared towards me. I am sorry this is the conclusion you are trying to jump to.

A strange agenda you had for me with the leading questions after I made a statement that the 2023 offense is not worse than the 2022 offense. I didn't say anything crazy. Both stink after 9 games. The 2022 offense started showing life in week 10 after Watson started taking off.

That is just the fact.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:30
lupedafiasco wrote:

Just for grins I checked our roster in 2008. I think those offensive starters Rodgers' had was much better than the ones surrounding Love today. The D back then was better too.

Pugger Lupe is speaking about Last seasons team, not the 08 group, which I agree, Rodgers had a better supporting cast, at least on offense then what Love has this season, however last years receivers where even worse then the group this year, Lazard simply had more time with Rodgers then LOve has with any of this group, Last years Rodgers and Reed would already be over 600 yrds, possibly the same with others, Love is not only late on passes, he's also not as accurate.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:30
Yoop wrote:
13 Nov 2023 10:14
go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 09:59

No the offense has plenty of opportunities and availability. The offense yesterday alone was 1 for 5 in RZ trips resulting in touchdowns. Two weeks in a row the offense should have put up 30+ points.

The offense is remarkable in always finding a new way to fail drive after drive.

However, the offense also has some pieces to get excited about and build off for the future which is exciting
whos that??? sorta kidding but outside of Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms, I'am scratching my head.
I mean you just listed 5 players with less than 16 games of starting experience and make it sound like we have no exciting prospects? :lol:

To answer your question: Who's that??
Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Doubs, Toms is a great start. Add in Jenkins and Jones and you are already at 7 of your starting 11 lineup.
I wish LaFleur would just go for the kill shot. Quite a few times Love will complete a 20-40 yard passes into the red zone. Then every time LaFleur calls a run which changes Love’s momentum. When Love completes a few throws to get them close, just go for the kill shot. Score a TD.
Love is the answer…

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:43
Drj820 wrote:
we are at the point in the discussion where people are going to pretend Love and Rodgers are equally as good as each other in football
I know this post is geared towards me. I am sorry this is the conclusion you are trying to jump to.

A strange agenda you had for me with the leading questions after I made a statement that the 2023 offense is not worse than the 2022 offense. I didn't say anything crazy. Both stink after 9 games. The 2022 offense started showing life in week 10 after Watson started taking off.

That is just the fact.
I hate how you make an intelligent point and then people have to argue in absolutes.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
13 Nov 2023 14:30
lupedafiasco wrote:

Yeah I’m referring to the team from a year ago.