Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2021 20:12
Also though the refs gave us no breaks.

The Tonyan hold call was valid but unnecessary. Jones already turned the corner. Good hold call though.

The Patrick hold call on Brockers was garbage.

Thought they could have thrown a PI on MVS on the deep shot

There is another one I am forgetting.
They missed an obvious hold on Gary on a third down in the 4Q.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
16 Jan 2021 21:18
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Jan 2021 19:55
Murphy has been every bit as good as Harlan, maybe better
Not even close. No disrespect to Murphy but Harlan lived through perhaps some of the darkest days of this franchise. He saved the Packers. Murphy took over a pretty good gig and has built some really cool sledding hills.
Yeah I would agree. Not that Murphy shouldn't be respected for the job he has done, but I don't think really anything can top just what Bob Harlan did for the Green Bay Packers.

I think Bob Harlan is a top 5 person in Packers history. In NFL history.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Key Harlan moves:

1) Hired Wolf and gave him carte blanche
2) Got the Brown Co. tax passed to fund the renovations
3) Hired TT
4) Forgot: Built the Hutson Center

A) Hired Ray Rhodes as HC
B) Let Sherman be GM

Murphy moves:

1) Firing MM/demoting TT
2) Hiring Gute
3) Hiring MLF
4) Developed offseason income sources

What are his bad moves? Sticking with MM & TT too long? I'm just saying it's closer than it appears.

Edit to add: Oh, and Harlan wasn't exactly part of the solution when he let Infante/Braatz run things from 1989 to 1992.
Last edited by Crazylegs Starks on 16 Jan 2021 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Did people really watch that game and think about the refs at all? I didn't. Sure there were some missed calls. But nothing that I thought would have seriously changed the game at all. I thought they did a good job of letting them play overall.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kenny Clark is 25 years old and will be playing in his 3rd NFC Championship game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2021 21:57
Did people really watch that game and think about the refs at all? I didn't. Sure there were some missed calls. But nothing that I thought would have seriously changed the game at all. I thought they did a good job of letting them play overall.
I mean I didn't say that. I was just once again talking about how much we actually dominated. The game was closer than it was because we didn't execute fully. And then I just pointed out that the refs didn't do us any favors.

But we didn't view the refs impacting the game either because our offense overcame all those penalties.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
Kenny Clark is 25 years old and will be playing in his 3rd NFC Championship game.
And we have him until he's 30. Nice.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2021 21:59
paco wrote:
I mean I didn't say that. I was just once again talking about how much we actually dominated. The game was closer than it was because we didn't execute fully. And then I just pointed out that the refs didn't do us any favors.

But we didn't view the refs impacting the game either because our offense overcame all those penalties.
Didn't mean that just at you. Its just that the refs almost never entered my mind, which was nice for a change.
RIP JustJeff

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

most encouraging revelation at this point.

We will face better offenses from this point on.

But we won't face better defenses.

And yet, if even ONE of our offensive miscues does not happen, we win far more comfortably than what we did today.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
Big Dean Lowry is 26 and playing in his third too. :P

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I'm 45 and this is like my 10th NFC Championship game.

Rice fumbled.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Neither a competitive game nor a blow-out - "just" a proper win. :banana: :beer2: :banana:

LA was injury-riddled (Goff and don't tell me Donald was near 100%) and therefore I won't brag. Onto the NFC game which we probably can all agree is our best shot by far to make it to the SB since 2011 when we played Cutler. Because NO as well as TB seem beatable.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Man what a win. Score was closer than the game felt. But we beat the snot out of them. And that was supposedly the #1 defense. Donald was hurt, sure, but still, 200 rush yards on anyone is a good day. MLF's offense looking like the SF one last year that smoked us, except we have the best QB in the history of the league playing at around his peak (although today was a down day for him) whereas SF basically had a wet paper bag at QB. The Davante Adams TD was genius. And as good as we looked, we still had clear areas where we were subpar for the day, specifically in WR drops and Rodgers' passes, which were off today, but it clearly didn't matter. Defensively we still seem like we've got some holes, but if you asked me where, I couldn't tell you. Maybe ILB? Idk, this is a complete team. I'm a little concerned with how the Rams had success when they went no-huddle, but I'm thinking the way to beat us is to somehow hope Rodgers goes into a shell AND you have to come up with an innovative gameplan AND get some lucky bounces. We can definitely lose, but I have to think we're the favorites.

As long as we take care of business next week and don't collapse like we did against TB during the regular season (whether we play them or the Saints), we should make it to the SB.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
16 Jan 2021 23:39
Neither a competitive game nor a blow-out - "just" a proper win. :banana: :beer2: :banana:

LA was injury-riddled (Goff and don't tell me Donald was near 100%) and therefore I won't brag. Onto the NFC game which we probably can all agree is our best shot by far to make it to the SB since 2011 when we played Cutler. Because NO as well as TB seem beatable.
Yeah. I'd rather play New Orleans because of how our game in TB went, but I'm less afraid of them than I was 2014 SEA, 2016 ATL, or 2019 SF

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Some thoughts about what impressed me in this win.

1. The offensive line simply dominated. If I heard correctly, there were ZERO tackles for loss by the Ram defense. Zero! I might remember a couple of times that the first impact was made on our RBs behind the LOS. That is crazy good. And it’s crazy good against a real good DLine too.

2. Our RBs seemed to be consistently adding a yard or two to almost every run. The way that they twisted or stretched or leaned on seemlngly every run must’ve added 30 yards or more over the course of the game.

3. Play design. The 1-yard TD to Adams was one example of how our coaches schemed guys open or gave them holes. That happened time and again. And that’s how our O employed the “dagger” on the final TD toss for 58 yards.

4. Speaking of that, our offense and defense BOTH contributed to sealing the game. The offense scored a TD to pull away. The defense added sacks and pressure on Goff. Well done!

5. Special teams botched a PAT and maybe our PK is hurt because of it. Add the misplay that Austin had on a punt that may have set our offense back 15-20 yards for not fielding that punt.

6. I have to say that Rogers looked like his erred on some passes. And Goff actually played very well, I thought. But Aaron employed tricks of his own that make him stand apart. And his TD scamper around Floyd should go into his and the Packers’ all-time best plays.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2021 19:50
I wish we could bring back the threads from the old forum of people complaining about Mark Murphy taking control and his terrible hire of Matt LeFluer. :lol:
You can go check those out. Seems like Louder paid the bill for another year :idn: and the old forum is up (for how long, no one knows).

Looks like most people either knew nothing about LaFleur, or were excited about the hire. Everyone and their mother was drooling after Josh McDaniels, but folks seem to have gotten over it pretty quick. A young offensive coach from a new and exciting scheme went down well, and LaFleur had nice history of success with QBs. With AR coming off a down year, people thought LaFleur could rekindle the spirit.

Here's LaFleur hired -thread: http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26606

Here's early guesswork on how LaFleur's system is gonna work: http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26687

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
16 Jan 2021 22:10
most encouraging revelation at this point.

We will face better offenses from this point on.

But we won't face better defenses.

And yet, if even ONE of our offensive miscues does not happen, we win far more comfortably than what we did today.
You can call them the #1 D because they padded their stats with the NFC East and the own Div isn't that great either. They were a top ten D they aren't a lights out D. Both the Saints and Bucs are better over all teams. We are going to win regardless!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Just one more side note to my previous.

I normally enjoy Moose Johnston and Kevin Burkhart. But yesterday, it seemed like Moose was stuttering on every other word that he said. Sub-par for him and Kevin only was a little better. However, Pam Oliver rocks!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Great game plan, with good execution! One complaint; botched extra points happen but going for two to chase the botch was a mistake. Sure it would of increase our lead to 17 making it a 3 score lead but 16 would of made it a 2 TD and 2 point conversion lead. Not to mention it was too early in the game not to take the 1 point normally assured by kicking the extra point.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
16 Jan 2021 22:36
go pak go wrote:
Big Dean Lowry is 26 and playing in his third too. :P
Don't you think Dean Lowry has to be considered most improved player from September?

I mean was BAD in October and September. He isn't at least BAD anymore. Definitely would like to improve on him. But still. He's not bad.

I think at this point we have to bring Montravious back too on a one year deal. Nobody else would sign him.
Yoop wrote: