Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

95% of everything written and reported about the Packers/Rodgers at this point is merely conjecture or personal opinion/guesswork. I’m amazed at how much that “spinning/recycling” of the “news” increases in this each year.

One day, perhaps prior to or after FA we will know. Or, perhaps after June 1st… lol
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Feb 2023 07:46
Longer this goes on, the more I would say the needle moves toward him staying and rodgers and the org pretending no one was ever even thinking about a divorce and we are all just crazy
I have a feeling a lot of the trade talk is all talk - by folks outside of 1265.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i continue to think his continuous threats to retire are for the sole purpose of driving down his trade value so his new team wont be looted by the Pack
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Wilde has an article up on AR, nothing too newsy to share -but there are some quotes in there that offer hints
The reason I posted the link is that there are a ton of cool pics in there throughout his career

https://madison.com/sports/football/pro ... 0c2a7.html

IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Feb 2023 13:39
i continue to think his continuous threats to retire are for the sole purpose of driving down his trade value so his new team wont be looted by the Pack
Maybe I’ve missed some things. But I’ve only heard him one time hinting anything about maybe, possibly not playing. Even while being badgered by McAfee twice, Rodgers hasn’t been playing any games about this or that. He’s been up front.

Now, the press on the other hand is spinning and regurgitating this like nothing ever seen in creation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rodgers wanted some time to think. The team and Rodgers will be in touch. These sorts of things around the league typically get worked out when everyone is together at the combine. I expect to know a little bit more a week from now. But we’re only just now entering the time frame when we should expect news. So I’m not sure why the tensions in this thread seem to be rising
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 27 Feb 2023 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers probably has at least one team (NYJ) aggressively trying to woo him as we speak, and perhaps one or two we do not expect.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Feb 2023 15:31
I’m not sure why the tensions in this thread seem to be rising
I remember my first Rodgers thread.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
27 Feb 2023 15:44
Rodgers probably has at least one team (NYJ) aggressively trying to woo him as we speak, and perhaps one or two we do not expect.
Yeah, I feel like many times that a team no one talked about swoops in and gets it done closed doors.

Remembering specially when the Bears got Khalil Mack.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I wouldn’t rule out that there might be a couple of teams that are only expressing interest behind closed doors and that they would not utter a whisper in public unless they can land Rodgers or any other starting QB.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I definitely have my eye on WAS as a dark horse: with McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, and Gibson they have lots of nice pieces, good defense, OL is actually kinda solid, lots of cap space.

NFC-East is also not too tough of a division. Philly is going to get decimated with free agent departures. I think Rodgers is pretty confident about going up against Mac twice a year, and their stadium is basically home field for him. NYG is ascending but probably still a year away at least.

The refrain is "do you really think Rodgers will want to play under Dan Snyder??" but I am not convinced that would be as big of a hangup for him as might be perceived.
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
27 Feb 2023 17:08
I definitely have my eye on WAS as a dark horse: with McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, and Gibson they have lots of nice pieces, good defense, OL is actually kinda solid, lots of cap space.

NFC-East is also not too tough of a division. Philly is going to get decimated with free agent departures. I think Rodgers is pretty confident about going up against Mac twice a year, and their stadium is basically home field for him. NYG is ascending but probably still a year away at least.

The refrain is "do you really think Rodgers will want to play under Dan Snyder??" but I am not convinced that would be as big of a hangup for him as might be perceived.
If Vince, Dave and Bob went to the Redskins, then Aaron can go to the Commies.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Feb 2023 11:02
The team can’t do anything until Rodgers says he’s playing in 2023 for this team or another. He holds all the power because of his contract. He decides if the team can trade him or do anything else.
I don't care what he says on camera, he already knows he is playing in 2023 and he already knows who he will and will not play for. The Packers know all this, as well. We don't, but I truly believe all of the main parties do.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Based on Gute's comments this morning, I think it's safe to say that Jordan Love will be the Packers' starting QB this season.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Feb 2023 08:40
Based on Gute's comments this morning, I think it's safe to say that Jordan Love will be the Packers' starting QB this season.
Can you expand on this? What did he say?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

williewasgreat wrote:
28 Feb 2023 08:52
Acrobat wrote:
28 Feb 2023 08:40
Can you expand on this? What did he say?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1 year too late but I much prefer these statements over the public begging statements we heard in prior years.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

In contrast, the Jets are willing to roll out the red carpet for him, while arguably having a better roster than Green Bay even before FA and the draft (both of which will largely be catered to him).

Even if Green Bay is willing to accommodate his return, it's clear that there are more accommodating options out there for you as Rodgers, which is exactly what any HOF-bound QB will feel like he is owed (and was actually what caused tension between him and the org two years ago, rather than the grievances of armchair-GM fans that they project onto him like not signing guys like Evan Engram or whatever).
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The time is NOW (IT IS TIME) for Mark Murphy, Gutey and Aaron to FACE THE NATION (the Packer Nation).

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

The FA season doesn't begin in two weeks or whatever. It starts at the Combine, where GMs and owners and agents are all present. They talk and yeah they shouldn't but we know they do. Once the Combine starts, the lack of a decision from Rodgers is absolutely holding the team hostage.