Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
21 Aug 2024 07:02
Cool to see Campen joining the personnel crew- he played for 15 years and coached for more than a decade. He knows so much about OL play. Anybody remember if Campen was more of a power blocking or ZBS guy ? I think it was the former, but he surely knows both. I was just wondering if this signals a change in OL scouting from the dancing bears that fit the ZBS vs the more powerful drive blockers. Or maybe its just a talented guy adding his insight.
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
21 Aug 2024 12:40
NCF wrote:
Cool to see Campen joining the personnel crew- he played for 15 years and coached for more than a decade. He knows so much about OL play. Anybody remember if Campen was more of a power blocking or ZBS guy ? I think it was the former, but he surely knows both. I was just wondering if this signals a change in OL scouting from the dancing bears that fit the ZBS vs the more powerful drive blockers. Or maybe its just a talented guy adding his insight.
just off memory I remember that he was a assistant OL coach for us when McCarthy brought in Jagisinski (SP) from Denver to install ZBS in 06, he left after 06 and Campy was promoted to OL coach, most around here seemed shocked that we'd do that because Campy supposedly had so little knowledge of zone blocking, the rumor was that everyone was learning new blocking schemes, including the coach, and Campy went on to disprove that rumor.

better players at Carolina and Campy would possibly still be there, I think he's capable at both man(gap) and zone, glad to have him aboard. :aok:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
I love Campen. I loved the attitude that our O-line had under him. He helped bring out the bully mentality that I loved to see in guys like TJ Lang and Josh Sitton.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's the Packers 2024 offseason in one very comprehensive review...for your late summer reading list

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/ ... -packers-5
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Aug 2024 13:29
Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Aug 2024 18:48
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Aug 2024 19:17
It's a shame Dak's stuck on the Cowboys with Jerrah and his Boys. Same goes for CeeCee and Micah. Ware's and Witten's careers were wasted. :idn:
The Boys do have enough weapons to win some playoff games with Dak (except when they play the Packers). But it still takes another level to win the NFCCG and Super Bowl. Somebody (maybe Pckfn23) posted info last year about how elite QBs have won something like 12 of the last 13 or 14 Super Bowls. Something like that. And elite QBs with good WRs is a better combo than a good QB with elite WRs, any day of the week.
disagree. Best thing Jerry Jones could do is to give GB a 4th round pick for Michael Pratt. Cut Dak and use the savings to upgrade the rest of the team. They might not make the playoffs this season but that improves their draft and they would be a much better team and a legit contender a year from now going into Pratt's second season. The difference between Dak and Pratt a year from now is insignificant compared to an improved Oline that improves the running game and gives the QB more time to find a 2nd receiver. Dak is just plain not very good. And neither are many of the other starting QB's in the league.
Dak is a QB who is good (not elite) and he does some things very well. He's about the same caliber as Tony Romo was, actually. A guy doesn't put up the season he had last year (before the Packer playoff game) without being good.

There are more good QBs in the NFL now than there used to be. But how many are truly elite?

Give me that elite QB with WRs/TEs good enough to get open more often than not. Add two who actually are able to find the EZ with any kind of regularity. And you'll have a real good offense. And if the defense has consistency in being good, that's a very good recipe for a SB team.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

On other news, the team transferred their International Player exemption from Odumegwu to kicker Alex Hale

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
22 Aug 2024 12:08
On other news, the team transferred their International Player exemption from Odumegwu to kicker Alex Hale

Only happened because Carlson sucks.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

AJ Dillon having a barrage of tests on neck after latest stinger. Never a good thing, hope everything is alright.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lake shark wrote:
22 Aug 2024 18:55
AJ Dillon having a barrage of tests on neck after latest stinger. Never a good thing, hope everything is alright.
Lots of stingers for him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Good stuff BF004, thanks for posting it

I remember Wolf commenting years later that Parcells was concerned about working with Ron because they were both headstrong guys and it may have led to friction between the 2 friends. it would have been a very different scene for the Packers because Parcells/Henning probably would have been a bad fit for Favre and the development he needed. Holmgren was a much better choice on that front
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 235151053/
Green Bay Packers core special teamers 2024

Eric Wilson, LB

Chief among all special teamers, Eric Wilson played 3 times more ST snaps last season than regular defensive snaps. He led the 2023 Packers in special teams snaps by a landslide — 351 total snaps and 75 more than the next highest Packer.

Wilson plays for just about every ST unit, except for field goal protection. In many ways, his role within this Packers team is a selfless one. But he did get his moment in the limelight with one of the greatest hustle plays you will ever see when he recovered Keisean Nixon's kick return fumble against the 49ers in January. Had the Packers won that game, it would've been remembered as one of the great Packers plays of the last decade.

Wilson doesn't just make up the numbers on special teams. He's a legit factor. His 91.4 PFF special teams grade over the last 3 seasons is the 3rd highest across the entire NFL. The only two players graded higher than him are both long-snappers.

Kristian Welch, LB

Welch is a little bigger and slower than Wilson, but is similarly a kickoff demon regardless of whether his team is kicking or receiving. These are Green Bay's two highest graded kickoff players from last season, and you would assume the new rules which place the coverage unit way downfield will only serve to help the larger, slightly slower Kristian Welch.

Welch cut his teeth as an NFL special teamer in Baltimore, where under the expert coaching of John Harbaugh, special teams is treated as a religion. You may not have been totally familiar with Welch last season as he wasn't included in Green Bay's initial 53-man roster, and played just 1 defensive snap. However he logged 241 total ST snaps, 4th most on the team despite missing the first 3 games of the season.

Kitan Oladapo, Safety

The newest member of the Rich Blitz, or Bisaccia's Bunch, idk we're still workshopping the name, Oladapo may struggle to see much of the field defensively in year one as he sits towards the bottom of a surprisingly crowded safety depth chart. Fellow rookie safeties Javon Bullard and Evan Williams will also contribute on special teams however they bring expectations of being 600+ snap defenders in year one.

Oladapo played the 3rd most special teams snaps of any Packer during the preseason with 33 total. He may not be the most twitched up athlete, but that's not what special teams coaches are looking for. They much prefer size and long speed. Oladapo presents a nice combination of both. Expect him to be featured in almost every unit this season.

Ben Sims, TE

The preseason leader in special teams snaps on the Packers, Sims seems to have earned a spot above Tyler Davis on the depth chart at tight end, but still comfortably behind fellow sophomore players Musgrave and Kraft.

Sims wasn't a huge special teams contributor last season, Tucker Kraft actually played more and may do so again this season, but with an increased emphasis during training camp and preseason, it looks as though Sims is ready to inherit much of Josiah Degaura's responsibilities from last season.

Colby Wooden, DL

The highest graded player on Green Bay's special teams last season, Wooden may not play a large volume of snaps and carry out a wide array of responsibilities like others on this list, he's much more of a one trick pony but it sure looks like a good trick!

Wooden is Green Bay's field goal blocking artist. He got his 10-and-a-half inch paws on several field goal attempts during his time at Auburn, and continued this form as an NFL rookie, with a blocked field goal in last season's Divisional round playoff game. That talent alone is enough to keep you around on an NFL roster when others are fighting for places below you.

Isaiah McDuffie, LB

McDuffie is traditionally a quality special teamer. He led the team in special teams tackles last season, and like Eric Wilson, is comfortable playing on every unit in any role.

However with Edgerrin Cooper missing much of his first NFL training camp, McDuffie may be expected to shoulder some of the load on defense as LB2 to begin this season as Cooper gets up to speed.

The Other, Other Guys:

Ty'Ron Hopper, LB

We haven't seen much of Hopper this preseason as he's dealt with an ankle injury, but he is pretty much your quintessential special teamer. He was a team captain at Missouri with almost 500 career special teams snaps. He's another player who won't see much actual defensive snaps this season sitting at the bottom of the linebacker depth chart.

Arron Mosby, DE

Mosby has been one of the Cinderella stories of the Packers preseason. But in an already deep defensive end room, it's Mosby's special teams versatility which may just seal his spot on the 53-man roster — his motor is simply relentless. By the time you're reading this, the cutdowns may have been made. But if there's one person in 1265 Lombardi Ave vouching for Mosby to make the final 53, you can bet your bottom dollar it's special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Papa John wrote:
21 Aug 2024 14:44
NCF wrote:
I love Campen. I loved the attitude that our O-line had under him. He helped bring out the bully mentality that I loved to see in guys like TJ Lang and Josh Sitton.
I couldn’t stand Campen and was advocating for him to get fired 2 years prior to it happening. He was !@#$ poor at developing O lineman. Unlike Bobb McKittrick, the Niners longtime OL coach who could take 2nd and 3rd string lineman and coach them up to top tier Olines. Campen’s O lines were always under performing.

If he was any good he would still be coaching. I really hope he doesn’t have too much involvement. Hopefully he stands on the sideline and gives the real coaches advice that they can ignore.

Sheesh, you’d think the Packers would have learned from his last stint.
Love is the answer…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Foosball wrote:
26 Aug 2024 19:32
Papa John wrote:
NCF wrote:
I couldn’t stand Campen and was advocating for him to get fired 2 years prior to it happening. He was !@#$ poor at developing O lineman. Unlike Bobb McKittrick, the Niners longtime OL coach who could take 2nd and 3rd string lineman and coach them up to top tier Olines. Campen’s O lines were always under performing.

If he was any good he would still be coaching. I really hope he doesn’t have too much involvement. Hopefully he stands on the sideline and gives the real coaches advice that they can ignore.

Not his fault he was given Saturday, EDS, Barclay, Taylor, Mccray, and Newhouse. Did pretty well with Bak, Sitton, Linsley and Lang.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

^^^^

This is a joke right?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

paco wrote:
26 Aug 2024 19:47
Foosball wrote:
Papa John wrote:

Not his fault he was given Saturday, EDS, Barclay, Taylor, Mccray, and Newhouse. Did pretty well with Bak, Sitton, Linsley and Lang.
After the Packers, Campen went to:
Cleveland - lasted one year
Chargers - lasted one year
Texans - lasted one year
Panthers - they were charitable. He lasted 2 years

Why short stints at these NFL franchises? Because he stinks..
Love is the answer…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Foosball wrote:
26 Aug 2024 20:42
paco wrote:
Foosball wrote:

Texans - lasted one year

You do realize the 4 franchises you listed there, right?
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Foosball wrote:
paco wrote:
Texans - lasted one year

No, it's because those were trash teams with head coaches on their last, or only, chances:

2019 Browns - Freddie Kitchens' only season, record 6-10
2020 Chargers - Anthony Lynn's last season, record 7-9
2021 Texans - David Culley's only season, record 4-13
2022 Panthers - Matt Ruhle's last season, record 7-10
2023 Panthers - Frank Reich's only season, record 2-15

It's an incredible run of bad luck to be on all those awful teams consecutively.

I'm curious, did you complain about Campen from 2007-2016? Or was it just 2017-2018 when the team's talent was in decline?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

paco wrote:
26 Aug 2024 21:13
Foosball wrote:
paco wrote:

Texans - lasted one year

You do realize the 4 franchises you listed there, right?
Yep, and he couldn’t even make the grade on the bottom dwellers of the league, Kind of speaks for itself,,,
Love is the answer…