Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Campen getting canned when the head coach gets canned almost always happens.

It could also be true that Campen has lost his edge as he aged but man...from 2007 - 2016...the dude was legendary. The Olines he was able to develop were insane. Minnesota Vikings fans were so jealous how we could constantly pull Blue Chip Olinemen out of our butts with Day 3 draft picks.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
26 Aug 2024 22:50
paco wrote:
26 Aug 2024 21:13
Foosball wrote:
26 Aug 2024 20:42

After the Packers, Campen went to:
Cleveland - lasted one year
Chargers - lasted one year
Texans - lasted one year
Panthers - they were charitable. He lasted 2 years

Why short stints at these NFL franchises? Because he stinks..
You do realize the 4 franchises you listed there, right?
Yep, and he couldn’t even make the grade on the bottom dwellers of the league, Kind of speaks for itself,,,
Campen had the premier pass pro unit in the entire league during the 2016 season, many thought Campen had HC capability back then, he was a 2 year trainee coach who under one year of tutaledge with denvers west coast scheme became our OL coach and his success is recorded, just go look it up at PFF

most seasons we where top ten pass blocking, which is what we concentrate on mostly, still Campy did have great run blocking as well when he had run blocking ability interior lineman like Lang and Sitton.

Campen is a great hire, he'll have a good eye to scout OL man. part of me thinks he also wants to retire as a full time employee of the Packers, one of the longest tenured assistant coaches we ever had.

Foos, your so far out in the deep water, I'am not sure I can save ya :rotf: :rotf: (kidding of course)

where not asking Campen to be our OL coach, just another voice in the room. :aok:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not quite sure what the Campen hater is in about. He took day 3 picks and consistently churned out pro bowl caliber players. Between us and Cleveland he had Bak, Lang, Sitton, Bulaga, Wells, Linsley, Tretter, Teller, and Bitonio all make pro bowls. The 2014 and 15 Packers Olines probably go down as the best we have had since the mid 2000s and even then I think it’s debatable that it’s better.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yeah, @Crazylegs Starks hit the nail on the head. He just picked some dreadful stops to coach over the past 5 years. I don't know what an OL coach makes, but I assume he had to keep working for a living and was maybe a little burnt out. Seems like this is a great opportunity to stay involved, make a living, and try something new, all while coming home to the best organization in sports. I think it's a great deal for him and a great deal for the Packers.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Foosball wrote:
26 Aug 2024 19:32
Papa John wrote:
21 Aug 2024 14:44
NCF wrote:
21 Aug 2024 07:02
I love Campen. I loved the attitude that our O-line had under him. He helped bring out the bully mentality that I loved to see in guys like TJ Lang and Josh Sitton.
I couldn’t stand Campen and was advocating for him to get fired 2 years prior to it happening. He was !@#$ poor at developing O lineman. Unlike Bobb McKittrick, the Niners longtime OL coach who could take 2nd and 3rd string lineman and coach them up to top tier Olines. Campen’s O lines were always under performing.

If he was any good he would still be coaching. I really hope he doesn’t have too much involvement. Hopefully he stands on the sideline and gives the real coaches advice that they can ignore.

Sheesh, you’d think the Packers would have learned from his last stint.
People were (foolishly) advocating for it to happen in January of 2010. Good thing it didn't happen then, otherwise we might not have won the Super Bowl that year. I just logged back in for the first time in awhile. Looks like everyone rallied around my take. They all view me as forum leader and really value my opinion. That was a bad take from you on this topic.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Woah. Someone started asking MLF about what's going on with their inability to get a K and MLF cut him off and said "not a question for me. That is a question for Rich Bisaccia" in a really really pointed way. Rich is 100% on the hot seat. MLF seems livid. Said the situation will "absolutely" affect his thinking with play calling involving FGs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF also says they had a "clear vision" for how they'd use Dillon this year, not just as a runner but his versatility and the potential for 2-back sets and there is a void with his injury.

Sounds to me like Dillon might have been being thought of as sort of a RB/H-back instead of using a TE in that sort of role; maybe that's why Pearson was brought back a bit ago (though he gone again now)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Aug 2024 14:28
Woah. Someone started asking MLF about what's going on with their inability to get a K and MLF cut him off and said "not a question for me. That is a question for Rich Bisaccia" in a really really pointed way. Rich is 100% on the hot seat. MLF seems livid. Said the situation will "absolutely" affect his thinking with play calling involving FGs.
Good. Its a complete failure on the STs coaching but IMO more on the GM to not be able to get an even somewhat reliable kicker in here during a championship window. Going for it an being aggressive will only get you so far. During the playoffs when you are up against the leagues best defenses you need to secure points when you can get them.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Aug 2024 15:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Aug 2024 14:28
Good. Its a complete failure on the STs coaching but IMO more on the GM to not be able to get an even somewhat reliable kicker in here during a championship window. Going for it an being aggressive will only get you so far. During the playoffs when you are up against the leagues best defenses you need to secure points when you can get them.
Just an FYI: I came in as the question was in progress and I'm not really seeing this reported as being as hostile as it felt to me. But man, it felt hostile to my eyes.

It does sound like the beginning of the question was specifically about going into the season with a kicker that just arrived, but I did hear them mention having had 5 guys in here at the position before he was cut off.

But yeah. Tough to know who the frustration was directed at between Rich and Gutey, but the way he said it, I say more Rich. Like MLF wishes he could wash his hands of this mess.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
27 Aug 2024 08:40
Campen getting canned when the head coach gets canned almost always happens.

It could also be true that Campen has lost his edge as he aged but man...from 2007 - 2016...the dude was legendary. The Olines he was able to develop were insane. Minnesota Vikings fans were so jealous how we could constantly pull Blue Chip Olinemen out of our butts with Day 3 draft picks.
Campen's OLines were as rough when he began as they were good when he finished. By the time he had a couple of years behind him, he could plug and play OLinemen as well as anybody.

He followed Larry Beightol (a legend in my mind). And after a time, Campen lived up to that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Now this could pose some problems...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

First world problems. You gotta know as well as me about burn pits and that smell in &%$@ hole countries APB.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2024 18:52
First world problems. You gotta know as well as me about burn pits and that smell in &%$@ hole countries APB.
All too well, brother.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He's a good one. Sucks for him.

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
29 Aug 2024 20:15
He's a good one. Sucks for him.

A blow to some of Matts plans for 2 RB sets, so he said anyway, AJ is a good blocker, and I think if we used him inside zone we might have seen some of his best stuff again, agree, bummer for Dillon.

Wilson and Llyod are not ready to block, Jacobs can block, but he needs a breather, Dillon will be missed.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

For those keeping score: