Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Former 1st round pick Chase Young is now a 49er.

Former 1st round pick Montez Sweat is now a Bear.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 31 Oct 2023 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

K, this is pretty funny from the blogger

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Still think rasuls speech had nothing to do with this?

Jaire hilarious btw, but this team is broken.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:31
K, this is pretty funny from the blogger

I'd take Preston over Alexander defending the EZ at this point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:32

Still think rasuls speech had nothing to do with this?

Jaire hilarious btw, but this team is broken.
I don't mind Rasul talking because he at least gave a damn. Only player in the secondary who brought it consistently.

Jaire just gets his a$$ kicked week after week.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

That’s a guy saying nothing he wants to.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2023 16:04
Papa John wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:57
I like this move. Like I said in a previous post, there are very few players on this roster that I wouldn't entertain offers for right now if I were GM.
we all heard you say this, but why?

your evaluation of these players was in question for me as soon as you said that, there is a ton of talent on this team, and Douglas was just one.

getting rid of guys like Douglas, who easily has 4 years of starter ability make zero sense, even Smith, while older still has plenty of game left, far as I know he's never even had a hang nail for cripe sacks

my sense is that you and some others don't care about the next couple years, loose and get prime draft picks to do what the Niners did seems like the thought pattern with some of you, what will your plan be 3 yrears from now when half these picks or more bust.

if this is Guty's plan we should fire him tomorrow.
If Aaron Rodgers or someone of his caliber was the quarterback of this team, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But the fact of the matter is that based on what we've seen from Love so far, the only way we will sniff the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl, is by building a juggernaut roster around him in the mold of the 49ers. We are still at least a couple of years away from that coming to fruition, assuming it will under BG.

The key is to load up on draft picks so that you get a core group of players who all come into their primes at around the same time.

Is it the ideal situation for us? No. But this is the hole that BG dug us into and it's going to be the only way out at this point.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packers fans are so weird. Just continuously going at the best players in the team because they don’t want to play for this terrible front office.

There is something wrong when I’m back to back years two of your top players of all time say they’ll never play for your team again. Let that sink in. Maybe there isn’t something wrong with the players but something wrong with the organization.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:10
Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:08
Like I’ve said a few times, it is the correct move to accept we are done. But if rasul was moved, so should preston, Jones, Campbell, etc etc
I was really hoping for Preston to get moved.

Campbell really doesn’t have anything behind him. Smith has a promising group of Gary, Van Ness, Enagbare, and Cox on top of having a pretty bad contract for a pass rusher in his 30s.
Correct, Smith is gone after this season. I read somewhere that his present contract made him un-tradable now. I suspect that there are a few other veterans that will be gone after this season. Every snap Smith takes from now on just retards the development of the young OLB's. And that does not include Eric Wilson who is already 29 years old.

The same goes for Deguara. He is an UFA and he is never going to be a starter, get Kraft on the field. Or Sims, who is only 23.

It may be time to consider moving players to different positions also. For example OLB to ILB. Or to find another team with a surplus of ILB's but a shortage of OLB's.

Get next year's Olinemen on the field. JRJ is gone, as is Nijman. Also most of the other UFA's. I'd say keep Rudy Ford but he is old. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... y-packers/ The Packers made a big mistake in not giving Love at least 1 full game last season when Rodgers was hurt, a game they lost anyway because Rodgers was hurt. An offesason to know his deficiencies and what he (Love) needed to work on probably would have paid big dividends this season. Either start Ryhan or someone off a PS, either the Packers PS or some other team's PS.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 21:14

Final take: I would have been totally fine with the move if it was one of several moves that showed the org was going in a clear direction. With one pot in two fires for several years now, this org lacks a clear direction.
This is becoming more and more evident. It appears that the organization has no plan and just blows with the wind. I find it very hard to have any faith in Gute.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Andy the Blogger's big picture perspective:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 22:17
Packers fans are so weird. Just continuously going at the best players in the team because they don’t want to play for this terrible front office.

There is something wrong when I’m back to back years two of your top players of all time say they’ll never play for your team again. Let that sink in. Maybe there isn’t something wrong with the players but something wrong with the organization.
I don't disagree it's odd but I do disagree to characterize it as "Packer fans" in general.

In Jaire's case, he's clearly frustrated. Can't blame him. He's playing hurt, and not playing well, but he's out their gutting it out. That's what you expect from your star players on a weak roster. Leading by example, or at least making the effort.

That, apparently, isn't good enough for some fans. And it's not just Packer fans, I might add.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
There is nothing wrong for calling a spade a spade. Alexander can chirp all he wants. I don't care about that.

But I can also call out that his play in 2023 has been terrible. I'm not calling the player terrible. But his play this year has been terrible. Even before his back injury in Atlanta London had his way and Jaw dropped a pick 6.

What I get even more weirded out is Packers fans who categorize certain players in "protected" status. It's like once they get in there...they can never be touched.
Last edited by go pak go on 01 Nov 2023 06:23, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
01 Nov 2023 06:14
lupedafiasco wrote:

I don't disagree it's odd but I do disagree to characterize it as "Packer fans" in general.

In Jaire's case, he's clearly frustrated. Can't blame him. He's playing hurt, and not playing well, but he's out their gutting it out. That's what you expect from your star players on a weak roster. Leading by example, or at least making the effort.

That, apparently, isn't good enough for some fans. And it's not just Packer fans, I might add.
It should be obvious to everyone that Jaire is nowhere near 100%. And that the Packers have thrown in the towel for this season.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

you people simply refuse to connect the dots

when Douglas said he had to be more of a leader, more vocal, he was sending a message, Jaire has also done the same, and even just now said he wont bite his tongue any more, Savage did it last year, we see hot and cold performance by different players at times, least it looks that way, some say there just poor players, or hurt, Jaire was playing at half speed before the injury

sure most are gutting it out, they have pride, but if I'am in there shoes I'd be fed up with this team, this defense for sure, and by extension Lafleur, for not doing something about it, if half the football world says he isn't calling a good game you can be sure these players feel the same or worse, imo that was the main reason Douglas was traded, and probably led to the benching of Savage last season, and the frustration Jaire spoke of with his comments

as some of us said, keeping Barry may cost Lafleur his job, I think some of the players quit already on Joe Barry, not all the time, not all the players, and not so it's obvious to us fans, but they havn't played with all the heart we use to see.

heck down deep we all new this was a possibility with this defense, Barry's plans have been nothing more then a &%$@ show since the first game against the vikings last season, I know some will say the inmates are attempting to over take the asylum, that I'am a Q anon conspiratorialist, but I think asylum is a fair description of this defense right now, I bet most on the list and more of the guys some want to trade off this team would gladly go else where at this point, probably a bunch of the kids on offenses as well, why would anyone want to be a part of whats been going on here.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 07:08
you people simply refuse to connect the dots

when Douglas said he had to be more of a leader, more vocal, he was sending a message, Jaire has also done the same, and even just now said he wont bite his tongue any more, Savage did it last year, we see hot and cold performance by different players at times, least it looks that way, some say there just poor players, or hurt, Jaire was playing at half speed before the injury

sure most are gutting it out, they have pride, but if I'am in there shoes I'd be fed up with this team, this defense for sure, and by extension Lafleur, for not doing something about it, if half the football world says he isn't calling a good game you can be sure these players feel the same or worse, imo that was the main reason Douglas was traded, and probably led to the benching of Savage last season, and the frustration Jaire spoke of with his comments

as some of us said, keeping Barry may cost Lafleur his job, I think some of the players quit already on Joe Barry, not all the time, not all the players, and not so it's obvious to us fans, but they havn't played with all the heart we use to see.

heck down deep we all new this was a possibility with this defense, Barry's plans have been nothing more then a &%$@ show since the first game against the vikings last season, I know some will say the inmates are attempting to over take the asylum, that I'am a Q anon conspiratorialist, but I think asylum is a fair description of this defense right now, I bet most on the list and more of the guys some want to trade off this team would gladly go else where at this point, probably a bunch of the kids on offenses as well, why would anyone want to be a part of whats been going on here.
Not yet, but if Barry is the coach next season then it SHOULD cost MLF his job.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The 5th the Packers gave up likely won't impact their ability to draft a future non-contributor in the 5th...just sayin'

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this would be a gut buster if it where the Bears, or Vikes, it rips the marrow from the bone of us Packer owners though, as owners we should fire whomever is responsible :nono:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

silverstein just reported what he was told from the org like it was gospel fact, when it was spin. Maybe its true the bills came to the Packers, but a demand for a 3 isnt really just demanding a 3 when you also give back a 5th.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23