Health Thread

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Realist wrote:
25 Apr 2022 15:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 10:24
NCF wrote:
22 Apr 2022 09:21

I will disagree from my own case study of one. While science may show the physiological response is no different, I think there are major benefits from a psychological standpoint. Even if that is the only benefit, I think it is probably the most critical one when talking about dieting and weight loss.
I don't think you are disagreeing, you are just pointing out a different aspect. The study pointed out the physiological aspect.

Personally my schedule doesn't allow for intermittent fasting both from a logistical and social stand point. What the study points out, is that that is fine as long as I can stay within the calorie count.
23 is awesome. Break down his response to NCF's post. If you dont chuckle at the arrogance you dont appreciate good humor. Luv that guy. For real.
Really? You insert yourself into this conversation and don't even add to it, but reply only to insult? Like what is your deal? What did I do to you before you changed your handle that would cause you to act this way without provocation?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2022 16:21
Realist wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I don't think you are disagreeing, you are just pointing out a different aspect. The study pointed out the physiological aspect.

Personally my schedule doesn't allow for intermittent fasting both from a logistical and social stand point. What the study points out, is that that is fine as long as I can stay within the calorie count.
23 is awesome. Break down his response to NCF's post. If you dont chuckle at the arrogance you dont appreciate good humor. Luv that guy. For real.
Really? You insert yourself into this conversation and don't even add to it, but reply only to insult? Like what is your deal? What did I do to you before you changed your handle that would cause you to act this way without provocation?
My insertion is that you entertain me as a casual visitor. I look forward to ur posts. I dont think you are disagreeing with me, you are just pointing out a different aspect. Luckily my schedule allows me to intermittently fast. Logistically speaking.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Realist wrote:
25 Apr 2022 16:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
Realist wrote:

My insertion is that you entertain me as a casual visitor. I look forward to ur posts. I dont think you are disagreeing with me, you are just pointing out a different aspect. Luckily my schedule allows me to intermittently fast. Logistically speaking.
I'm glad I entertain you, but your "insertions" are less than genuine, obviously. Your obsession with unprovoked rudeness is baffling. I'm not sure what happened to warrant this. You came in here under a different handle, on fire from the start.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2022 17:21
Realist wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I'm glad I entertain you, but your "insertions" are less than genuine, obviously. Your obsession with unprovoked rudeness is baffling. I'm not sure what happened to warrant this. You came in here under a different handle, on fire from the start.
I have changed my user name several times but in real life I remain the same. Steve Becker 16280 Levan rd livionia mi. Not exactly hiding. And thx as always for the entertainment. I am indeed rude but most genuine. And likable if you knew me.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]Realist[/mention] quite obvious it has been changed several times.

Brandon Berrey
Somerset WI

Nice to meet you. I hope we can now both be cordial going forward. Or at the least, not hostile.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Wife isn't a spring chicken anymore. Various health issues. She's an old 34.

Anyone seen Strangers on a Train?

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2022 17:57
@Realist quite obvious it has been changed several times.

Brandon Berrey
Somerset WI

Nice to meet you. I hope we can now both be cordial going forward. Or at the least, not hostile.
Sounds good.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
NCF wrote:
22 Apr 2022 09:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2022 08:54
100%. You hit the nail on the head. It's about the calories. This study just insinuates that if the calories are the same it doesn't matter when you eat them.
I will disagree from my own case study of one. While science may show the physiological response is no different, I think there are major benefits from a psychological standpoint. Even if that is the only benefit, I think it is probably the most critical one when talking about dieting and weight loss.

Seems the study was a little aggressive in their conclusions.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Anyone on Garmin connect or Strava?
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jul 2022 08:59
Anyone on Garmin connect or Strava?
Im on both! LOVE my Garmin watch. I also have been very lazy in this hot hot tennessee heat this summer. Wanna PM me or share your Garmin user name? Il add you
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I use Strava. Connect sensors (id4 bike and HRM) to it via the Wahoo app, which is similar to Garmin connect. Then turn around and feed Strava data into Myfitnesspal.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
25 Apr 2022 17:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
Realist wrote:

I have changed my user name several times but in real life I remain the same. Steve Becker 16280 Levan rd livionia mi. Not exactly hiding. And thx as always for the entertainment. I am indeed rude but most genuine. And likable if you knew me.
Since you live in the Detroit area ............ I am curious what are Lions fans really like? What's it like living in Lions country? I think most of us understand Vikings and Bears fans, but I really don't know how Lions fans are to live around.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Jul 2022 05:54
Realist wrote:
25 Apr 2022 17:39
Pckfn23 wrote:

Since you live in the Detroit area ............ I am curious what are Lions fans really like? What's it like living in Lions country? I think most of us understand Vikings and Bears fans, but I really don't know how Lions fans are to live around.
For the most part lions fans are great. They hate but respect the Packers. The Silverdome crowd was rough but when I run into fans in day to day life I raz them a bit and it always goes well. They are frustrated obviously. Some have given up. Most are diehards. I hope they win one eventually. About 50 years after my passing.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Just got a Platelet Rich Plasma injection today in my shoulder. A poor man's stem cell therapy kind of. The research is pretty good at slowing or even stopping arthritis (why I had it done) and helping other conditions. The whole process, including blood draw and centrifuge, was less than 45 min. Very little discomfort from the injection during or after. A few hours after I got really tired and had to take a nap. Not sure if related (didn't sleep great last night) but probably was to some extent. Getting another one next week for a series of two.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I'm slowly but surely building up to a pretty awesome home gym. The last few months I've upgraded my benches, one was replaced by a plyo box (it was only actually used for step ups and a place to sit between sets), the other replacement I expect delivered today, an upgrade from the uber-cheap but functional adjustable bench on amazon (got 3 years out of it, can't complain) to basically the nicest one they sell, one from Rep fitness that is universally suggested by the homegym reddit. I actually use the plyo box way more than I expected to; in addition to jumps its also a convenient place to hold DB's between sets.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

As of about 3 weeks ago, I've changed my fitness routine. I'm trying to bulk up. It's the first time that I've made a conscious effort to gain weight in a long time. I'm 30 now and have always been a gym rat So far it is much more challenging to put on weight than it was when I was 18. I'm a mesomorph- muscular but pretty lean to the point that most people think I'm just a skinny guy if I'm not wearing a tank/gym shirt. Making a conscious effort to eat all of this extra food just feels really weird, but I've still only gained like 2 pounds. :bkw: I'm 6'1" and have always been right around 190 lb. I want to get up to 200 but want the extra weight to be mostly muscle.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I got a solid 20lbs of some insulation I’d be happy to send your way. :lol:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2022 16:51
I got a solid 20lbs of some insulation I’d be happy to send your way. :lol:
Only 20? :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Captain_Ben wrote:
20 Oct 2022 16:44
As of about 3 weeks ago, I've changed my fitness routine. I'm trying to bulk up. It's the first time that I've made a conscious effort to gain weight in a long time. I'm 30 now and have always been a gym rat So far it is much more challenging to put on weight than it was when I was 18. I'm a mesomorph- muscular but pretty lean to the point that most people think I'm just a skinny guy if I'm not wearing a tank/gym shirt. Making a conscious effort to eat all of this extra food just feels really weird, but I've still only gained like 2 pounds. :bkw: I'm 6'1" and have always been right around 190 lb. I want to get up to 200 but want the extra weight to be mostly muscle.
Try losing weight after age 50. I’m 5’9”, and 187. While I don’t have a dicky do I look pretty good for my age. The last few months I’ve dropped some weight but it’s been mostly fat. Dropped a pant size and hope to lose a bit more. But I don’t want to have keep buying new pants and shorts. I’d love to get to around 175. But would settle for 180.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

about 2 months ago the motor on my treadmill was acting up, so instead of just replacing the armature brushes, I gave it to a friend to do and decided I didn't need as big a machine, not like I can run any more, a smaller one to just walk and keep the legs going would be fine, bought one through Amazon, a week later Fed ex was knocking on the door, the carton was ripped half off the machine, so back it went, and a replacement was sent, UPS arrived, same thing, box broken wide open, so it went back too. boy I wish now I'd have simply fixed the motor in the old one :thwap: