2023 Packers Defense Expectations?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think many here have been saying this for several weeks. McDuffie can play. If he can stay on the field, he and Quay make quite the ILB corps.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 07:01
I think many here have been saying this for several weeks. McDuffie can play. If he can stay on the field, he and Quay make quite the ILB corps.

De'Vondre Campbell will be 31 next season. He has a 14 mil salary cap and a dead cap of 11 mil. I guess he is worth 3 mil as a backup but I agree, he has not been better than McDuffie recently.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Seeing former 1st round picks Jaire and Savage get picks WHILE PLAYING UP ON 3RD and 5 and 2ND and 2, respectively, in a playoff game against a prolific offense, constitutes compelling evidence that the problems on D have been more about scheme than talent.

Purdy wilted under Baltimore's pressure just a few weeks ago.

I hope to God that Joe got all the soft coverages out of his system in the 2nd half yesterday and comes after SF Saturday night.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Well, that's a wrap on the 2023 season.

I'm curious whether folks think Joe Barry is going to return as the DC in 2024?

As for me, the answer is the same one I gave when asked if I had confidence in the defense stopping the 49ers before the start of the 4th quarter game winning drive, No.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

LombardiTime wrote:
21 Jan 2024 06:56
Well, that's a wrap on the 2023 season.

I'm curious whether folks think Joe Barry is going to return as the DC in 2024?

As for me, the answer is the same one I gave when asked if I had confidence in the defense stopping the 49ers before the start of the 4th quarter game winning drive, No.
agree he always reverts back to coverage when his back is against the wall, and relies on a 4 man rush when it's not enough, and it failed us again last night.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

If they bring Barry back (probably on a new, higher contract assuming his is up) I will lose my mind. You can't reward sucking most of the season just because he did better late - which is a pattern with him.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yes I think we need to move on.

I think DC job in GB is very attractive. Up and coming team with the top have job security. We can do better. I think we need to take the risk and move on.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.