False Prophet

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

False Prophet

Post by lupedafiasco »

I knew TT wasnt the guy. Always did. He made some nice picks here and there and made some great signings but ultimately he was a wet blanket of a man who had no killer instinct. He was OK with just being OK, which seems to be the case with most Packer fans quite honestly. The man had no killer instinct. No ability to push the team over the top.

I was optimistic with Gutenkunst. He was the one who was supposed to destroy the mediocrity, not become it. I was patient. I waited to see how things turned out. I didnt think year one he had much room to work in terms of the cap but a bad draft and even worse FA class made me nervous. The 2nd year showed promise. His FA class was stellar. His draft again was subpar wasting his 1st pick on a backup after paying big money to the position in FA.

But this is inexcusable. I now know that Gutey is not the guy. He is a false prophet. <snip> He may not be as bad as TT but (I had to delete my original thought as it may have been too intense but I believe the analogy worked) hes bad all the same. 2 years in a row taking a backup with your 1st pick. This does not improve a team striving to win a SB. It just doesnt and no one can convince me otherwise. And sure I will here that this is how the Packers got Rodgers but that isnt the same. No one considered Love the best QB prospect in the class. In fact no one even considered him 2nd best. Mostly the consensus was he was 4th and in some areas you may find him as 3rd but that was the minority. The guy has a good arm sure but he hasnt played anyone in terms of competition and his decision making and numbers were horrible. So now you take a guy who needs experience to improve and put him on the bench.

I can now be considered the head of the fire Gutenkunst fan club. The man is an idiot. just ok with being good enough and not the best.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is.... dramatic.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Did lupe just defend Ted in a weird way?
RIP JustJeff

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Quality post - good effort.

I agree it is like he is trying to be cute with the draft. Keep it simple stupid should be plastered all over Lambeau.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:20
I knew TT wasnt the guy. Always did. He made some nice picks here and there and made some great signings but ultimately he was a wet blanket of a man who had no killer instinct. He was OK with just being OK, which seems to be the case with most Packer fans quite honestly. The man had no killer instinct. No ability to push the team over the top.

I was optimistic with Gutenkunst. He was the one who was supposed to destroy the mediocrity, not become it. I was patient. I waited to see how things turned out. I didnt think year one he had much room to work in terms of the cap but a bad draft and even worse FA class made me nervous. The 2nd year showed promise. His FA class was stellar. His draft again was subpar wasting his 1st pick on a backup after paying big money to the position in FA.

But this is inexcusable. I now know that Gutey is not the guy. He is a false prophet. He may not be as bad as TT but (I had to delete my original thought as it may have been too intense but I believe the analogy worked) hes bad all the same. 2 years in a row taking a backup with your 1st pick. This does not improve a team striving to win a SB. It just doesnt and no one can convince me otherwise. And sure I will here that this is how the Packers got Rodgers but that isnt the same. No one considered Love the best QB prospect in the class. In fact no one even considered him 2nd best. Mostly the consensus was he was 4th and in some areas you may find him as 3rd but that was the minority. The guy has a good arm sure but he hasnt played anyone in terms of competition and his decision making and numbers were horrible. So now you take a guy who needs experience to improve and put him on the bench.

I can now be considered the head of the fire Gutenkunst fan club. The man is an idiot. just ok with being good enough and not the best.
You crack me up, man. However, i can not just stand by and let you crown yourself head of this fan club.

I want to be head of this club. Here we have a guy who didnt let us get better last year with our #12 draft pick, didnt want to fill any holes in this first round, wants to throw 100m at the OLB position and then spend premium draft capital on same position, sign something called a billy turner, further forsake the ILB position, continue to feel like he has enough at WR, pass up on Queen, and shoot our QB who he just gave big money to the middle finger.

I want to be head of the this guy sucks club, and the "why do we give this guy the benefit of the doubt" club.
Last edited by Drj820 on 24 Apr 2020 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Patrick Queen was sitting right there....
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:24
I want to be head of this club
Pretty sure lupe's been reelected for a decade straight.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:29
Patrick Queen was sitting right there....
The trade up in particular really pisses me off even more. No reason to do it. If someone else moves up and makes the pick it is what it is. You dont need to invest 2 picks into a backup player. Its dumb.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

You should be happy we have our backup QB need filled after tonight. :lol:

I can't wait to see what this kid can do in preseason games and blow outs! :banana:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The year is 2030. ESPN releases its new 30 for 30. What if I told you an organization would choose to stand by a QB taking over for a legend, build a team around him, win a SB, and then absolutely let the team decay around him and &%$@ on him all the while and waste the twilight of his career with blunderous draft picks and FA signings? What if I told you they wasted away time and time again and opportunity to be the best team in the league by drafting backups?

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 00:47
The year is 2030. ESPN releases its new 30 for 30. What if I told you an organization would choose to stand by a QB taking over for a legend, build a team around him, win a SB, and then absolutely let the team decay around him and &%$@ on him all the while and waste the twilight of his career with blunderous draft picks and FA signings? What if I told you they wasted away time and time again and opportunity to be the best team in the league by drafting backups?
Yo, we talkin' Favre or Rodgers?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Traded up for a guy that will either not start for 2 years or will start and keep a $30+ million QB on the bench... WTF!!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 01:56
Traded up for a guy that will either not start for 2 years or will start and keep a $30+ million QB on the bench... WTF!!!
Proportionally this is just as bad as last year. You either wasted money in FA on one of the Smiths or you wasted the pick on Gary. Either way its a waste. Same scenario. Gutey just isnt the guy. I stayed patient but it is clear to me I would also be a better GM than Gutey.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Lupe, sorry dude. Your call on Ted is off.

Ted was a guy who build an entire career working his butt off. He did it as a player, making a less-talented body turn into a serviceable depth LB in the NFL. He did it as a scout, finding many quality players and helping to build a franchise. He did it as GM too, building his scouting skills, developing other good scouts, watching more tape and seeing more players than almost anybody in the game. You don't give him enough credit. Oh yeah, he built a team that won a SB. I don't know the count of "men" at the GM position who've never even sniffed a Lombardi Trophy, let alone play for one. But Ted got there, winning praises from all of his peers along the way. There is no question that he was a good talent evaluator. The only question is how much some people question him or some of his choices.

Guty is another guy who doesn't follow a mold. And in a short time span, he's taken a rudderless Packer team to the NFCCG. One step away from the Super Bowl, and in only one season. Good grief. So what if he doesn't choose the players that some of us want. Look at his results. I could criticize his picks too. But I'm not at the tier of the NFL that he is and that he has our Packers at right NOW.

I would've flipped a coin between Queen and Mims. But I wasn't the GM.

Guty took a developmental QB that he and his HC obviously believe strongly in and took their shot. He went against the grain to do it too! This guy is a cut above. That doesn't guarantee that he won't be canned this time next year or the year after. But he's cutting his own path, based on his own info. Too many GMs are only trying to get by. And Guty is shooting higher than that. I don't know how much more clear that could be. Remember, I wouldn't have picked Love. But I can see why Guty did. And he weighed his future as GM on this pick. No denying that.

I want GMs like these two guys. They tend to build teams of a very high caliber. What else do we want?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Apr 2020 04:45

Ted was a guy who build an entire career working his butt off. He did it as a player, making a less-talented body turn into a serviceable depth LB in the NFL. He did it as a scout, finding many quality players and helping to build a franchise. He did it as GM too, building his scouting skills, developing other good scouts, watching more tape and seeing more players than almost anybody in the game. You don't give him enough credit. Oh yeah, he built a team that won a SB. I don't know the count of "men" at the GM position who've never even sniffed a Lombardi Trophy, let alone play for one. But Ted got there, winning praises from all of his peers along the way. There is no question that he was a good talent evaluator. The only question is how much some people question him or some of his choices.

Guty is another guy who doesn't follow a mold. And in a short time span, he's taken a rudderless Packer team to the NFCCG. One step away from the Super Bowl, and in only one season. Good grief. So what if he doesn't choose the players that some of us want. Look at his results. I could criticize his picks too. But I'm not at the tier of the NFL that he is and that he has our Packers at right NOW.

Guty took a developmental QB that he and his HC obviously believe strongly in and took their shot. He went against the grain to do it too! This guy is a cut above. That doesn't guarantee that he won't be canned this time next year or the year after. But he's cutting his own path, based on his own info. Too many GMs are only trying to get by. And Guty is shooting higher than that. I don't know how much more clear that could be. Remember, I wouldn't have picked Love. But I can see why Guty did. And he weighed his future as GM on this pick. No denying that.

I want GMs like these two guys. They tend to build teams of a very high caliber. What else do we want?

Like I said some being are just ok with being good enough. They will never have that chips on the table moment and take their opportunity. That what we saw from TT after we won and that’s what we’re seeing from Gutey and that’s how you described yourself. Some people just don’t have a mamba mentality.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:02
Scott4Pack wrote:

Like I said some being are just ok with being good enough. They will never have that chips on the table moment and take their opportunity. That what we saw from TT after we won and that’s what we’re seeing from Gutey and that’s how you described yourself. Some people just don’t have a mamba mentality.
Wow. You're seeing that, if I understand correctly, as Guty NOT having put all his chips on the table. And I'm seeing that is EXACTLY what Guty has done.

That's okay if we have different opinions. I just think you could find 100 current and previous GMs or more that your critique would better fit than Guty.

Here's to a round 2 that nails a perfect pick!
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:10
lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Wow. You're seeing that, if I understand correctly, as Guty NOT having put all his chips on the table. And I'm seeing that is EXACTLY what Guty has done.

That's okay if we have different opinions. I just think you could find 100 current and previous GMs or more that your critique would better fit than Guty.

;-)
In what world do you think by drafting a backup puts all our chips on the table? How is that going all in? Are you insane?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:20
Scott4Pack wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

;-)
In what world do you think by drafting a backup puts all our chips on the table? How is that going all in? Are you insane?
Gutey could've easily been the most popular guy around by picking Queen or Mims. He must've known picking Love would not go down well with the fan base, and yet he had the nuts to do it.

If Love fails, Gutey will sooooo get fired. That's going all-in if anything is.

It's totally fair to disagree with the pick, hell, I hate it, but I do acknowledge Gutey is the kind of a GM who will do what he thinks is best for the team and not give into pressure. I can respect that.

How's Afghanistan this time of the year? I remember going on their official state website just before the US went after Bin Laden, and their slogan was "Probably the Friendliest and Most Peaceful Country in the World". :messedup: :rotf:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:20
Scott4Pack wrote:

;-)
Gutey could've easily been the most popular guy around by picking Queen or Mims. He must've known picking Love would not go down well with the fan base, and yet he had the nuts to do it.

If Love fails, Gutey will sooooo get fired. That's going all-in if anything is.

It's totally fair to disagree with the pick, hell, I hate it, but I do acknowledge Gutey is the kind of a GM who will do what he thinks is best for the team and not give into pressure. I can respect that.

How's Afghanistan this time of the year? I remember going on their official state website just before the US went after Bin Laden, and their slogan was "Probably the Friendliest and Most Peaceful Country in the World". :messedup: :rotf:
It’s going all in in terms of risking your job. It isn’t going all in as in we are going to try and win a championship.

As for Afghanistan this place blows. After this deployment is over I’ve spent a year and one month of my life here. We signed a treaty with the taliban to leave so they stopped attacking but they cut a bunch of wires yesterday for our internet so as far as I’m concerned it’s on again. WiFi was down for 18 hours. They think they can just do that to me and get away with it?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 05:53
It’s going all in in terms of risking your job. It isn’t going all in as in we are going to try and win a championship.

As for Afghanistan this place blows. After this deployment is over I’ve spent a year and one month of my life here. We signed a treaty with the taliban to leave so they stopped attacking but they cut a bunch of wires yesterday for our internet so as far as I’m concerned it’s on again. WiFi was down for 18 hours. They think they can just do that to me and get away with it?
THE BASTARDS!!!! Doing that around draft time definitely counts as casus belli, tho the not attacking you -part is good. :salute: :usa: I hope the Packers will provide you with some positive news soon. Plenty of good WRs still on the board. It ain't over yet.