2023 NFL Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

2023 NFL Draft Discussion

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love reading the Freaks column. It's way too long to copy and paste here, but it's always fun to read, not only for the draft names, but for the types of different athletic testing and weight training stuff they have in there to measure. All sorts of different schools who have different tests they do--though lots of it are just olympic weight lifting metrics.

GPS tracking is making 40-times obsolete.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hey ......... when I brought up the 2023 opponents on May 13th ........... I was told by one of you guys (NCF I think, who coincidentally initiated this 2023 Draft Discussion thread) that I was sick and I needed to go get therapy.

So go get therapy. If you aren't sick, then start drinking heavily until you get sick. :beer2:

GO PACK GO !!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Aug 2022 12:04
I love reading the Freaks column. It's way too long to copy and paste here, but it's always fun to read, not only for the draft names, but for the types of different athletic testing and weight training stuff they have in there to measure. All sorts of different schools who have different tests they do--though lots of it are just olympic weight lifting metrics.

GPS tracking is making 40-times obsolete.
Those TE prospects sound awful unique.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sitting on pick #9 right now. Could be 6th if we played easier teams. Time to start rooting for all the teams we've played to start losing to get an easier SOS.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Following 4 picks after us were all traded, lol

image.png
image.png (128.07 KiB) Viewed 2377 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 12:47
Sitting on pick #9 right now. Could be 6th if we played easier teams. Time to start rooting for all the teams we've played to start losing to get an easier SOS.

image.png
Lotta talk out there about us taking a QB. Houston, Carolina, Detroit, and probably the Colts could all be ahead of us targetting one. If we do want one, we can't win again and may still have to trade up. Going to be a lot of competition for 3 guys.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 13:10
BF004 wrote:

image.png
Lotta talk out there about us taking a QB. Houston, Carolina, Detroit, and probably the Colts could all be ahead of us targetting one. If we do want one, we can't win again and may still have to trade up. Going to be a lot of competition for 3 guys.
It would be pretty idiotic to take a QB an not get Jordan Love a few starts. And an actual start, not on 4 days notice when Aaron gets COVID. But get him his own game plans and get him a handful for starts.

Was frustrating we didn't do that in 2005 when Favre was so awful and we went 4-12.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:01
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

image.png
It would be pretty idiotic to take a QB an not get Jordan Love a few starts. And an actual start, not on 4 days notice when Aaron gets COVID. But get him his own game plans and get him a handful for starts.

Was frustrating we didn't do that in 2005 when Favre was so awful and we went 4-12.
thats exactly what should happen after we lose to the cowboys and eagles. Rodgers needs to come down with some "injury" that just happens to linger
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:04
BF004 wrote:
paco wrote:

thats exactly what should happen after we lose to the cowboys and eagles. Rodgers needs to come down with some "injury" that just happens to linger
He's already got a built in excuse, the thumb. Say it got worse and IR him, I don't care. But Love HAS to get some starts this year.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:11
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

He's already got a built in excuse, the thumb. Say it got worse and IR him, I don't care. But Love HAS to get some starts this year.
My thoughts too. And if Rodgers hates it, then he can retire but we're not trading him.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:32
paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

My thoughts too. And if Rodgers hates it, then he can retire but we're not trading him.
Why? I'm still fine if we trade him. I don't even care if its for a 3rd rounder like Favre.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

If it were my decision, Love would start every remaining game. Rodgers can be a healthy scratch or better yet IR him for the thumb and don't bring him back when it heals. Activate Danny Etling from the PS and sign someone else to the PS.

Then there are 2 good possibilities:
#1 is that the game is still too fast and complicated for Love. He looks lost and the Packers win only 1 game. Then draft a QB
#2 is that Love is what we think he is, an average NFL QB. The Packers win half their remaining games. Then draft a WR or TE in round 1.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:47
If it were my decision, Love would start every remaining game.
I mean, we are 3-6 and SF is currently sitting at 4-4 in the 7 seed. 100% we are still going to be trying to win games. You really don't get better by benching the back to back, reigning MVP.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers is playing and he is playing next year.

First 4 rounds should be nothing but receiver and oline.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:40
Acrobat wrote:
paco wrote:

Why? I'm still fine if we trade him. I don't even care if its for a 3rd rounder like Favre.
I'm thinking financially it doesn't make any sense to trade him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

He wont, we probably can't even bench the guy either, we are already the laughing stock of the NFL for kicking his contract so far down the road, thats a guarantee that Rodgers is here and our starting QB for at least the 2023 season.

our team has to be one of the most poorly managed teams in the league, if your going to pay a QB mega millions, why would you then skimp on the receivers? that doesn't make any sense at all, the only people that support this Bull &%$@ reside in this forum.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 15:02
TheSkeptic wrote:
I mean, we are 3-6 and SF is currently sitting at 4-4 in the 7 seed. 100% we are still going to be trying to win games. You really don't get better by benching the back to back, reigning MVP.
they don't want to get better, they want to start tanking games :thwap:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Acrobat wrote:
07 Nov 2022 15:45
paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:40
Acrobat wrote:

I'm thinking financially it doesn't make any sense to trade him.
I think you are probably correct the team does not get any cap relief by trading Rodgers.

However, if they eat his contract and trade him for a middling 3rd round pick it might still make sense operationally to trade him.

The post-Rodgers era needs to begin and probably given the realities of the talent around him should have already begun.

Running it back in 2023 without Aaron Jones, likely Bakh, probably Lazard and Tonyan does not really make sense from an operational stand point.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-p ... gers-3745/

Post June 1 trade gets us $16 million in cap relief.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 16:16
BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 15:02
TheSkeptic wrote:
they don't want to get better, they want to start tanking games :thwap:
So you want to start Rodgers every remaining game, not know what we have in Love and wait to find out next year. You want to go 1-8 for the beginning of next season and THEN let Love go 3-6 the rest of the season? All you will know then is that Love is better than Rodgers and that is not saying much.

Sorry, I do not. I am an old man and am not going to live forever. 3-4 years to get back to being an 8-9 team is a long time and that is what we are facing if Rodgers is not benched.

You want the Packers to be the worst team in the NFL for 2 years. :thwap: