Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants :giants:
Sunday, October 9th, 2022, 8:30 AM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -8
Over/Under: 41.5

Stadium

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=5
Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-gi ... eek-5-2022
The Green Bay Packers (3-1) travel across the Atlantic Ocean to take on the New York Giants (3-1) this Sunday.

The Packers will become the 32nd NFL team to play in London since 2007. It is the first London matchup between two teams with winning records.
The game will be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London with a local kickoff of 2:30 p.m. It is the largest football club stadium in London, with a capacity of 62,850.
While it is the first regular-season game outside of the country for the Packers, it will be the sixth game overall that Green Bay has played outside the United States. Previously, The Packers played internationally during the preseason on three occasions: in Toronto in 1997, Tokyo in 1998 and Winnipeg in 2019; and on Christmas Day in 1932 and on New Year's Day in 1933 the Packers played two games as part of a team-sanctioned barnstorming trip to Hawa'ii to play two local teams, which at the time was a territory of the United States.
The Packers (785) and Giants (709) are two of the three winningest teams (Chicago, 785) in NFL history in terms of regular season victories.
Including the postseason, the Packers have won each of the last three matchups against the Giants, scoring over 30 points in both of the last two games (31, 38).
Five of the last six games between the two teams (including playoffs) have been decided by 14-plus points, with each team winning three times.
The Packers return to the states to host the New York Jets in Week 6, marking the second time Green Bay has played the New York teams in back-to-back weeks (Weeks 2-3 in 1985).
Weather
image.png
image.png (16.34 KiB) Viewed 676 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Giants 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The sports talk blabber mouths keep bringing up the Packers leaving on Thursday for London and how that hasn't worked well for a lot of teams. But the Giants are also, so that doesn't really matter this week. Just stop Barkley and make the QB try to beat you. Need a better game out of Campbell and Walker this week.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pip pip, cheerio. :tiphat:

Let's give their boots a $%@# bloody good kicking. :king:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

packman114 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 09:02
Need a better game out of Campbell and Walker this week.
What're these guys family situations? Are they single? Can they become roommates and best friends and just be able to finish each other's sentences both literally and metaphorically in terms of football play? That sort of chemistry and dynamic would be really beneficial and fun. Not to mention an entertaining tv show.

And yes, it is too early for me to be high. My brain actually just works this way.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
The sports talk blabber mouths keep bringing up the Packers leaving on Thursday for London and how that hasn't worked well for a lot of teams. But the Giants are also, so that doesn't really matter this week. Just stop Barkley and make the QB try to beat you. Need a better game out of Campbell and Walker this week.
I know Campbell and Walker had a rough game, but Barry's spread wide 20 fronts doesn't make it easy on ILB's, imo Barry sets up for pass rush just to much, granted we are 3rd in the league in pass coverage as a result of that, but 22nd in the league against the run isn't all do to the play of our ILB's, even Capers didn't spread his 2 DT's 5 yrds apart, how are ILB's expected to stay clean to make tackles, thats asking to much.

great job 23.
Last edited by Yoop on 05 Oct 2022 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

We'll see a couple of :shock: and :roll: from our team, but some :hail: plays from #12, #33 and the Giants being :messedup: will lead us to :beer2: at the end.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 06 Oct 2022 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Oct 2022 10:20
packman114 wrote:
Need a better game out of Campbell and Walker this week.
What're these guys family situations? Are they single? Can they become roommates and best friends and just be able to finish each other's sentences both literally and metaphorically in terms of football play? That sort of chemistry and dynamic would be really beneficial and fun. Not to mention an entertaining tv show.

And yes, it is too early for me to be high. My brain actually just works this way.
We can beat them for ever and ever. We can be heroes just for one day!! :)

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Oct 2022 11:05
packman114 wrote:
I know Campbell and Walker had a rough game, but Barry's spread wide 20 fronts doesn't make it easy on ILB's, imo Barry sets up for pass rush just to much, granted we are 3rd in the league in pass coverage as a result of that, but 22nd in the league against the run isn't all do to the play of our ILB's, even Capers didn't spread his 2 DT's 5 yrds apart, how are ILB's expected to stay clean to make tackles, thats asking to much.

great job 23.
I'm hoping it was just a bad game and not a different scheme this year. It just seems to me that Campbell was attacking the gaps more last year than this year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I consider the giants defense to probably (maybe) be above average, but not nearly on the level that we saw the last two weeks from NE and TB. I’m interested to see if the offense can take step forward and look better for 4 quarters. It’s a good sign if they can look good against defenses the level of the Giants, as that is what they will face majority of the year. (Not too many TBs around the league).

I def think we win either way though. I mean they are probably playing QB3.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
06 Oct 2022 07:46
Yoop wrote:
05 Oct 2022 11:05
packman114 wrote:

great job 23.
I'm hoping it was just a bad game and not a different scheme this year. It just seems to me that Campbell was attacking the gaps more last year than this year.
I havn't watched that closely, so I'am left with stats to go by, Campbell leads the team in tackles with 36, on pace for 145 , Walker is next with 25 so far.

I don't remember ever seeing us spread so wide across the DL, imo it becomes a numbers thing, more blockers then the ILB's can shed, our focus is on pass rush, and thats working well, imo it just makes us weaker against the run.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... b/2022.htm

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2022 12:02
Does that mean no Jaire?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2022 13:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2022 12:02
Does that mean no Jaire?
I read that he was practicing as well.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Slow down the run Pack by 17. Struggle stopping the run Pack by 6. This team is close to putting a game together IDK if it's this week but soon.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Jaire supposedly could have played last weekend. So it’d be surprising if he isn’t ready to play this weekend.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Everyone practiced today in London.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If we don't turn the ball over and can run the ball enough to keep the Gmen's D honest we should win this one.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff