Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:jets: New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, October 16th, 2022, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -7.5
Over/Under: 45

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-je ... ct-12-2022

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=6
Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

Dope Sheet
[img]hhttps://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/packers/ytemkmbsdtok9qun0ln0.jpg[/img]
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... eek-6-2022
The Green Bay Packers (3-2) return from overseas to host the New York Jets (3-2) this Sunday.

The Packers have won three straight over the Jets, including their last home game, a 31-24 victory in 2014.
Each of the last three games against the Jets have been decided by single digits.
In four of the last five contests, the winning team has scored 30-plus points.
Of the 13 matchups, two have gone to overtime, including the last contest in 2018.
It is the first time since 2010 that Green Bay plays both New York teams in the same season
This is the second time Green Bay has played the New York teams in back-to-back weeks (Weeks 2-3 in 1985).
This will be the first time the Packers have a 12 p.m. CT kickoff this season and the first of three scheduled in the next four weeks. Green Bay is 14-3 in games played at 12 p.m. CT since 2019.
Weather
image.png
image.png (546.04 KiB) Viewed 526 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Jets 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2022 08:48
Each of the last three games against the Jets have been decided by single digits.
well lets break that trend in a good way with a 3 score win :aok:

be nice to watch a early game for a change.

nice work 23 :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I am very on the fence about this game. It's a classic one we would lose. Part of me thinks the issues continue and we can't put together a whole game. Another part of me thinks that this is exactly the kind of game that gets us back on track.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Never lost 2 regular season games in a row. Week 2, after a loss, came out and boot stomped the Bears.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We're at home. 'Sounds like NYJ is figuring things out, and their HC is a defense-minded coach who has made Rodgers look bad, but they still have a pretty mediocre at best roster and a long way to go. We will win, maybe not as decisively as we ought to though.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We've tended to carry from previous game into first half of second game, then swapped 2nd half.

Might start out a little slow here, little hangover from last week, but I suspect they'll turn it on and win convincingly.

This is a team that loves to do playaction, and we've been awful against it. But I do expect our coaching staff to do something about that. Other than inept special teams, we've been pretty good at not getting beat by the same thing over and over under LaFleur.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would like to see Tom or Nijman starting this game, and Royce Newman not.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
13 Oct 2022 13:41
I would like to see Tom or Nijman starting this game, and Royce Newman not.
As would most of us, and none of us will get their wish.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Christian Watson looking more and more like a Packer every practice he misses with a hamstring.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am not a Newman fan, but I am not a major detractor. Newman can be a solid player once he gets the mental part down. For better or for worse, he is getting more starting experience, and that theoretically could lead to him figuring it out.

Tom will probably not be that much better at RG (if at all) and any "upside" argument can made in about equal measure for Newman; this is still a second-year player we are talking about.

We are used to seeing young OL step in and excel pretty early, but it's not an easy transition. Look at Sean Rhyan. Whatever you think of Newman, our recent Day 2 rookie OL with *lots* of college starting experience didn't come close to challenging him. Not to say this proves how good Newman is, just that playing pro OL is harder than it looks

I would probably roll Bakh-JRJ-Myers-Jenkins-Tom but that's mainly because I have an irrationally high opinion of Tom at OT. Otherwise, I would probably stick with the current setup. Nijman to me is too much of a finesse player for RT duties.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We’re kind of good at getting pressure.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Can they not come out flat and play all 4 quarters at a high level? Will Barry abandon the zone? Will LaCoach go with a running game plan for a change? Will the blitz be used to "game change" the defense. These are the things I'll be watching for.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:34
Can they not come out flat and play all 4 quarters at a high level? Will Barry abandon the zone? Will LaCoach go with a running game plan for a change? Will the blitz be used to "game change" the defense. These are the things I'll be watching for.
I am expecting a postgame report from you about which of these boxes the team ended up checking.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Jets WR corps ain't half bad with Corey Davis and the youngsters, Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson. They have talent. Fortunately for the Packers, Zach Wilson is melted banana split sundae - all over the damn place. Knowing Barry, he'll give Wilson the Daniel Jones treatment and make him look like an all-star.

I see this as a win but, like others here, not as comfortable a win as it should be.

Side note: It's week six and the most consistent unit has been special teams. Had I predicted that in the pre-season "Bold Predictions" thread, you all would've laughed me off the forum.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:50
Side note: It's week six and the most consistent unit has been special teams. Had I predicted that in the pre-season "Bold Predictions" thread, you all would've laughed me off the forum.
Proof results matter. Really really stupid delay of game on a field goal and a bad fumbled punt. Very close to potentially a 10 point swing and the leading reason we lose. Instead it doesn’t hurt us at all. Funny game sometimes like that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This game is a lot like the Giants game. They are good enough to win if we play awful. But if we play mediocre to good, we will win.

Play good and we win by 10+
Mediocre and we squeeze one out like against Tampa and NE.
Bad and we lose like we did to the Giants.

Jets and Giants of old we could win no matter how we played. They were that bad. Like the lions of old. Not anymore.

The result is in our control. We are the more talented team of course. Not sure if we have coaching advantage tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
13 Oct 2022 15:09
I would probably roll Bakh-JRJ-Myers-Jenkins-Tom but that's mainly because I have an irrationally high opinion of Tom at OT.
Then I'm irrational with you because this is what I want. You absolutely don't mess with the left side at this point. You're not going to mess with Myers. Jenkins and Tom should be some combo of the right side.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
13 Oct 2022 19:33
Labrev wrote:
13 Oct 2022 15:09
I would probably roll Bakh-JRJ-Myers-Jenkins-Tom but that's mainly because I have an irrationally high opinion of Tom at OT.
Then I'm irrational with you because this is what I want. You absolutely don't mess with the left side at this point. You're not going to mess with Myers. Jenkins and Tom should be some combo of the right side.
Same

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2022 13:30
Watson is officially a bust