Rams @ Packers GDT: Monday, Dec. 19th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Rams @ Packers GDT: Monday, Dec. 19th, 7:15 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:rams: Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Monday, December 19th, 7:15 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -7
Over/Under: 39.5

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=15
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... 5-mnf-2022
The Green Bay Packers (5-8) will host the Los Angeles Rams (4-9) on Monday Night Football, marking the latest MNF contest ever at Lambeau Field.

It will be the first time the Packers have hosted the defending Super Bowl champions since Oct. 14, 2001, vs. Baltimore.
It will be the first prime-time matchup between the teams since they met on MNF at Lambeau Field (Nov. 29, 2004). It was the only times the two teams met on MNF.
It will be the latest regular-season visit for the Rams to Lambeau Field since 1992, a 28-13 victory by Green Bay on Dec. 20.
Green Bay has won six of the last seven regular-season matchups with the Rams and 13 of the last 18.
Including the postseason, the Packers have won each of the last four home games against the Rams, outscoring them, 116-59.
During the regular season, the series between the Packers and Rams is 46-46-2 while Green Bay holds a 2-1 advantage in the postseason.
This will be the third time Head Coach Matt LaFleur will lead the Packers against the Rams, which he was the offensive coordinator for in 2017. Green Bay has beaten Los Angeles in the 2020 postseason and 2021 regular season, scoring 30-plus points in both contests.
QB Aaron Rodgers has started against the Rams seven times (including postseason) with the Packers winning six of those contests and scoring 24-plus points in all seven games.
Rodgers has thrown for 15 TDs, three INTs and a passer rating of 109.6 against the Rams.
Rodgers has posted a passer rating of 100-plus in five of the seven contests.
This will be the Packers' first home game in over a month, having last played at Lambeau Field against Tennessee on Nov. 17.
The Packers are coming off a victory at Chicago in Week 13 that gave Green Bay 787 victories, the most in the regular season in the history of the NFL. It is the first time since December 1921 (Buffalo All-Americans) that the Bears franchise (786) does not lead the NFL or have a share of the lead in all-time regular-season wins.
Under LaFleur, Green Bay is 14-1 (.933) at home in Week 10 or later, marking the best record in the NFL since 2019 (Kansas City, 11-1, .917).
Green Bay will end the regular season with three of its last four at home for the first time since 2011.
In Week 16, Green Bay will travel to Miami to play the Dolphins, marking the second straight year and the fourth time in franchise history that the Packers will play on Christmas. It will be the first time Green Bay will play on the road on the holiday.
Weather
image.png
image.png (356.77 KiB) Viewed 657 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Rams 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The only things that make me think a little bit are (1) this has one of the hallmarks of a trap game -- tougher opponent right around the corner, and with a short week to prep for them -- and (2) Baker Mayfield playing to save his career could end up being a little pesky for us. Yes, I remember Baker's last game against us; he was awful. That was with the Browns, though. He didn't have a Sean McVay overseeing him.

When talking Packer playoff odds, lots of our fans skip over this game right ahead to the Dolphins game, because we are counting this as a W. Doesn't really matter if fans have that attitude, but if the team is also "looking ahead" to MIA, it has the making of a scare or a trap-game.

Those minor concerns aside, I expect us to win this handily. GB has this team's number, we are to them what SanFran is to us. Rams might make a game of it for a short time but I'm not expecting much of a challenge.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Supposed to get real cold here. Throw in a night game, better dress warm.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just hope it's decisive one way or the other.

Like either show up Packers and give us a reason to be excited or just get the season over with. I don't really want a repeat of a Bears game where we barely win because of two plays from Christian Watson but the rest of the team is garbage.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 14:56
I just hope it's decisive one way or the other.

Like either show up Packers and give us a reason to be excited or just get the season over with. I don't really want a repeat of a Bears game where we barely win because of two plays from Christian Watson but the rest of the team is garbage.
The seasons do not push one another, nor do the clouds race the wind across the sky
All things happen in their own good time

Seems to me you have 2 choices here:

You can watch and enjoy the Packers on MNF
You can watch and not enjoy the Packers on MNF

Choose wisely 8-)

Chill some favorite beers, grill some tasty food & enjoy the few games left in the 2022 NFL season

:beer2:
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Almost exactly 60 years ago, Vince took his 12-1 Packers west to face the LA Rams on Dec 16, 1962

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 160ram.htm

Will MLFs Packers top Vince's Packers in rushing or passing ?

Rushing: 33/181 yds and a TD

Passing: 17/35 250yds and 2 TDs

( Max McGee threw the INT)
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BSA wrote:
14 Dec 2022 17:43
Almost exactly 60 years ago, Vince took his 12-1 Packers west to face the LA Rams on Dec 16, 1962

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 160ram.htm

Will MLFs Packers top Vince's Packers in rushing or passing ?

Rushing: 33/181 yds and a TD

Passing: 17/35 250yds and 2 TDs

( Max McGee threw the INT)
Did the Rams really go 1-12-1 that year? Kind of like the old Lions and Buccaneers.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Dec 2022 18:14

Did the Rams really go 1-12-1 that year? Kind of like the old Lions and Buccaneers.
They were in a rough patch from '59-65

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers Wire with a comparison of the Packers 2022 offense vs the 2022 offense of the reigning Super Bowl Champs

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... -in-2022/

Not sure we've seen a worse offense from a reigning champion, yikes ( 16.8 pts/game )
IT. IS. TIME

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

From the opening post dope sheet.
From the opening post dope sheet.
923A1CC6-D091-496E-BD6E-4CB28D3E09FE.jpeg (217.88 KiB) Viewed 565 times

If the NFL retains the 17 game schedule, and just for discussion sake, going forward the Packers average 9 wins/season. It will take 24 seasons or the season of 2046 for the Packers to earn 1000 victories.

I suggest that the mods keep an eye on this so we can keep track of how we are doing. :munch:

:hide:
GO PACK GO!!!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

IT. IS. TIME

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Quite a clash coming up Monday night.

Rams offense ranks 30th in the NFL at 86,1 yards per game.

Packers defense ranks 30th in the NFL giving up 154.8 yards per game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

One of Aaron's best throw's of all time. This will probably never get the respect it deserves. Rolling left, fading back, 45 yard rope, dropped on an actual dime sized window.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 10:32

One of Aaron's best throw's of all time. This will probably never get the respect it deserves. Rolling left, fading back, 45 yard rope, dropped on an actual dime sized window.

when fans say they want to run the ball, and play great defense at the expense of the quick strike passing, as the preferred offense design, makes my ears burn :lol: 5 yrds and a cloud of dust is so boring to watch compared to Rodgers exploiting a secondary as shown in these two vids.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2022 10:42
when fans say they want to run the ball, and play great defense at the expense of the quick strike passing, as the preferred offense design, makes my ears burn :lol: 5 yrds and a cloud of dust is so boring to watch compared to Rodgers exploiting a secondary as shown in these two vids.
And what you fail to understand from those of us saying so is, every opposing Defense wants to take away the big pass play from Rodgers knowing he can make plays like this, that's exactly why you have to ESTABLISH the run: force the D to respect your ground game so they can't just key in on stopping Rodgers. Stretch the D thin, create holes otherwise Rodgers can't "exploit" anything.

But the attitude you just articulated, i.e. "these run gains are too short and BORING, can we pass it already?!?" ... is the enemy of establishing a run that the opposing D will respect, and how (good) teams beat Green Bay.

Among other lame excuses for why we shouldn't commit to the run. Others include: "the run wasn't 'working' this game!" or "they were stacking the box!" or "we were down, we had to pass!" (you probably recognize these).

It's especially egregious given that the signature move of the Kubiak scheme, which MLF's offense originates in, is the Play-Action pass, which only works if the defense is selling out to stop the run.
Last edited by Labrev on 16 Dec 2022 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

To be clear, fan opinion does not matter generally, but in this case, I am convinced it reflects to some not-insignficant degree the org's own attitude at some level, and has crept into MLF's brain when the guy was one of the most run-first coaches in the league when we hired him, but has since devolved into a McCarthy clone (for the same reason Mac devolved: seduced by the "shot" big play).
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 10:32

I have always loved that throw...just effing spectacular. There's an end zone view too, somewhere out there on the internet
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Dec 2022 12:26
Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2022 10:42
And what you fail to understand from those of us saying so is, every opposing Defense wants to take away the big pass play from Rodgers knowing he can make plays like this, that's exactly why you have to ESTABLISH the run: force the D to respect your ground game so they can't just key in on stopping Rodgers. Stretch the D thin, create holes otherwise Rodgers can't "exploit" anything.

But the attitude you just articulated, i.e. "these run gains are too short and BORING, can we pass it already?!?" ... is the enemy of establishing a run that the opposing D will respect, and how (good) teams beat Green Bay.

Among other lame excuses for why we shouldn't commit to the run. Others include: "the run wasn't 'working' this game!" or "they were stacking the box!" or "we were down, we had to pass!" (you probably recognize these).

It's especially egregious given that the signature move of the Kubiak scheme, which MLF's offense originates in, is the Play-Action pass, which only works if the defense is selling out to stop the run.
what YOU fail to understand is the reason opposing defenses succeed at slowing our passing attack and why McCarthy was fired in the first place, our GM's forgot that ya need quality receivers for that stuff to work, go look at successful offenses like Minny's, KC, Bills, etc, they have quality impact offensive players, they use PA just like Lafluer does, they have good RB's and they have more then one very good receiver.

I've watched how defenses shut down runners, and I do Know how hard it is to string together runs and sustain long point scoring drives, and We both see how teams abandon the run when there behind, I would rather have what Rodgers and his receivers where able to do any day of the week over short ball.

play action doesn't rely on anything more then a good run attack, NE has done PA for decades with nothing but average RB's, if ya have a few good receivers and a good QB you can shred any defense short and long passing, your brain washed into thinking Lafluer is locked into Kubiaks short ball schemes, and Rodgers is some stooge screwing it up, me, I think and always will believe that two heads are better then one, we sure as hell didn't draft a guy like Watson to play dink and dunk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
16 Dec 2022 14:10
what YOU fail to understand is the reason opposing defenses succeed at slowing our passing attack and why McCarthy was fired in the first place, our GM's forgot that ya need quality receivers for that stuff to work,
I don't fail to understand that, I simply accept a certain basic reality: we don't HAVE quality receivers this year.

So, guess what we should do to compensate for that deficiency and make it easier to pass (by requiring less yardage to convert on downs and sustain drives), knowing that we don't have WRs like Adams to bail out the offense?
Spoiler
:idea: RUN THE BALL :idea:
NE has done PA for decades with nothing but average RB's
That's because Belichick is committed to running the ball, always has been, even without star RBs.
Last edited by Labrev on 16 Dec 2022 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers vs Rams has had some interesting match ups recently. Both Rodgers ( QB run) and Adams ( fake motion TD) went after Jalen Ramsey
and got the better of him on a couple of key plays

Packers also had a plan for Aaron Donald, double and triple teaming him to the point that he blew a gasket and started choking OL again.

Despite all the injuries and both teams sporting poor W/L records, its still really important for the McVay vs MLF rivalry

IT. IS. TIME