P-H.com Feedback

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

P-H.com Feedback

Post by NCF »

Hey gang,

Thanks for making our first month and half together on the new site fun and informative. We would like to take this time to take a step back and solicit some feedback from those of you you visit and call this site home. What's good and what can be improved?

Specifically:

How has your overall experience been using the site?
How has your experience been using the site on a mobile device?
Have you experienced any issues that you didn't have an issue with at the old site?
Have you had any issues with any of the new features?
- Any additional features you have seen that you wish would be incorporated here?
- Do you enjoy the Lombardi "like" feature?
- Have you used the Share On feature to link to FaceBook or Twitter? Would you prefer these buttons were eliminated?
- Have you used the Save Draft feature? If so, do you like it? We may look to eliminate this depending on usage and level of effort required.

Poster Challenges:

Do you have family and/or friends that like to talk Packers? We would like to challenge everyone to do a little recruiting. The more, the merrier!!

Poster COMPETITION:

Now that most have migrated over and got used to that familiar background image from the old site, we would like to update it to a more current, full-size (1,920 x 1,080) background image to spruce the place up, a bit. We are counting on you to find the best background. Lambeau, locker room, huddle, etc. Whatever you think is best. Free free to post the pictures in response to this thread. Winning background will receive a sweet, cut-out, custom avatar, courtesy of [mention]salmar80[/mention] (sorry, volunteering you)!! :lol:

Finally, again, thanks for making this the place for your Packers fix. If there is anything we can do to make your visits more enjoyable, please do let us know.

Go Pack Go!!

The Mod Team

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Is it possible to get full board link path at the bottom of the page as it is at the top? For Example at the top there is Home<Board Index<Packers-huddle.com<JustJeff's Packers Discussion. At the bottom it is just Home<Board Index.

Love everything else about the new home!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't know if y'all have noticed, but I LOVE the list feature.

I also love how easy it is to post imaged, and that I don't have to save them first and upload them, but can copy and paste them.

These new digs are outstanding. I am much happier with the functionality, while pleased with the overall familiarity.

I can't wait to use the spoiler function for some of my longer-form original posts where I have extra info if you're curious, but want it folded up and condensed for casual reading. I love being able to give people lombardis for posts I like instead of posting, like " +1 :aok: "

Honestly, I am very pleased. Is there someone somewhere I can Venmo a few bucks of gratitude? Who did this? How did this happen?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The new site is dank.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I haven't used save draft and I'm not sure when I would; I'd just leave a window open if I was working on something.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Thw save draft is a nice feature. Once or 2x I've left a mock open and got logged out. This has been fixed but still a nice feature.

Great site. I have 2 friends join and another one or 2 that will shortly.

I like the trophy for like. Maybe add a few others like disagree or informative or even a wtf/huh. Ha. Nothing major just a way for ppl that dont post much to get their feelings on posts

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Site is good. Thanks for the hard work, mod team.

Now that the infuriating feature of reviewing other comments before you can post is disabled, i have 0 complaints :aok:
Last edited by Drj820 on 01 May 2020 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

This is a significant upgrade. Молодець!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This is a definite step up! Thank you!

That said, I'd only ask for one thing. This is different than what 23 asked for. But didn't we used to have the title of the thread in each comment block? And we don't now. I'd like to have that in place.

I have to admit that sometimes I start to think about a comment that I'd like to make and as I scroll through the other comments toward the bottom of the page, I might actually forget what the title of the thread is! This would help guys like me. Thanks. And if the mods decide not to incorporate that, I won't be offended either. It's all good!

:aok:
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 May 2020 08:03
This is a definite step up! Thank you!

That said, I'd only ask for one thing. This is different than what 23 asked for. But didn't we used to have the title of the thread in each comment block? And we don't now. I'd like to have that in place.

I have to admit that sometimes I start to think about a comment that I'd like to make and as I scroll through the other comments toward the bottom of the page, I might actually forget what the title of the thread is! This would help guys like me. Thanks. And if the mods decide not to incorporate that, I won't be offended either. It's all good!

:aok:
:aok: Thread titles on posts will return. We though removing them would lessen scrolling, but it has led to more of it :idn:

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Great new site guys, top work.

The trophy 'like' feature is great but if I'm being really picky I'd prefer it if it took one click rather than two. (Not that I use it much anymore but on FF liking is just one click).

Love the way we can post youtube videos, tweets and images etc. However with images they don't come up in quoted replies. It just says '<image>' or something where the image was on the original post. If that could be fixed, would be great.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

The site definitely has incorporated some of that charm from the old place. Honestly, nothing really to complain about. Posting options are nice, and so are the new smileys. I still forget the Lombardi trophy thing exists.

The only thing I couldn't stand was the "Post Preview" that was disabled.

Other than that...
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

British wrote:
01 May 2020 09:44

The trophy 'like' feature is great but if I'm being really picky I'd prefer it if it took one click rather than two. (Not that I use it much anymore but on FF liking is just one click).

Love the way we can post youtube videos, tweets and images etc. However with images they don't come up in quoted replies. It just says '<image>' or something where the image was on the original post. If that could be fixed, would be great.
I also wish I could find a way to make it one click.

I would also like to be able to see who is liking other people’s posts. Not sure either is possible with our current extension we have, possible we could see if there are others available we could try.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Has anyone used the Share On -feature (the buttons in the lower right of posts) to share topics or posts on social media?
image.png
image.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 277 times

Or if you were unaware of the feature, would you use it?

The idea was to have a way to make it easy to share quality posts and topics to your friends, to maybe lure some new fine posters into the fray. My mostly Finnish friends think of football as the sport where, you know, you use your feet to play the ball, so I have zero use for it.

It adds a tiny bit of scrolling to every post, and no point in having it if no one uses it.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

British wrote:
01 May 2020 09:44

There's unfortunately no way to make the "like" -trophy single click, without custom modding that forum extension, which is too scary. We'll keep an eye out for such a thing. The current one would allow us to have several different reactions, but we wanted to keep it as a simple positive thing and let the smilies do the rest.

BTW, if you wanna see who recently "liked" your posts, you can go to your User Control Panel and check it out. I'm cool with not knowing who liked others' posts.
-
image.png
image.png (41.81 KiB) Viewed 274 times
-

As for images in quoted replies, there is a way. There are two ways to add images:

1) Copy-pasted screenshots (like the image above) saved as attachments, and due to reasons unknown, they aren't shown when you quote posts including them. BUT,

2) If you first save the image on your computer, you can use the Image button to upload it to Imgur. The linked image will be visible in replies, just like when you link to any image on the internets with the [ img ] tags.